Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

British Football thread

British Football thread

Old Mar 9th 2004, 7:54 am
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

from the BBC
2032:
Paul Scholes puts the ball in the net for what should have been his second of the night but the 'goal' is controversially disallowed - even though the England man is clearly onside.
WHAT?
a goal, for Man United, disallowed?
at Old Trafford?

ave' I heard you right?

No, No, No, There must be some mistake.

Can read the Headlines now

Alex Ferguson passed away suddenly ay 32 minutes past 8 in the evening, as a serious heart attack occured whilst at work.
Old Mar 9th 2004, 8:00 am
Get em out by Friday

tony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond repute

Listening to the Aberdeen cup game, dave it's on northsound 2 if you are around.
Old Mar 9th 2004, 8:10 am
Account Closed

mattbutt is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Webbie
Have we lowered ourselves to the Lounge one word posts now ?
Currently listening to Chelski v Stuttgart at the mo, don't suppose you would be Matt Goss since you are up the Arse.
Nil-nil and not much goalmouth action.
Might change my alias to Matt Goss, think I quite like it.

Are you listening on line, talksport isnt being cooperative and radio 5 is useless on the web?
Old Mar 9th 2004, 8:20 am
Through the square window

Webbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by mattbutt
Might change my alias to Matt Goss, think I quite like it.

Are you listening on line, talksport isnt being cooperative and radio 5 is useless on the web?
Chelski's Big Blue radio. The only one left that you don't have to pay a subscription for.
http://play.www.planetfootball.serve...ky/chelsea.ram
(Copy & paste that into Real Player)

I like the mattbutt and the Arse connection, but Matt Goss would confuse people.
Old Mar 9th 2004, 8:40 am
Account Closed

never thought about that one, arse - butt

its cos my surname is buttery
Old Mar 9th 2004, 8:45 am

Webbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond repute

Big cheer went up at Chelski when they heard that the Rags are on their way out of the Champs League.
Chelks game finished 0-0 and they are in the draw Friday.
Old Mar 9th 2004, 8:49 am
Account Closed

Big cheer went up at Chelski when they heard that the Rags are on their way out of the Champs League.
Chelks game finished 0-0 and they are in the draw Friday.

With a bit of Divine Arsenal intervention Scum U should get nothing this season.

Bye Bye Fergie
Old Mar 9th 2004, 8:53 am
100% Pure

DaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by tony_2003
Listening to the Aberdeen cup game, dave it's on northsound 2 if you are around.
I listened to the 2nd half on the BBC, Aberdeen missed a penalty and a barrowload of chances. They need someone who knows how to score goals. We haven't had that since Carter USM were at the height of their fame. Shearer, put your boots back on!
Old Mar 9th 2004, 9:39 am

Latest reaction from Newton Heath:

Nuff said.
Old Mar 9th 2004, 11:33 am
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold

Latest reaction from Newton Heath:

Nuff said.
Made my ****ing night !
Old Mar 10th 2004, 5:31 am

Latest footie:

Sven talking with the FA for a new deal
(Sounds like a New Labour slogan that)
The FA better not **** this one up. Chelski, even though they are doing well in the Prem and Champs league, are still sniffing around. McLaren is NOT a future England man, don't know who is at the moment.

Owen Hargreaves wants to play in the Prem one day
The Canadian born, Bundesligia player wants to have a crack in Blighty. His Dad was a Bolton Wanderers player and Hargreaves mentions them a couple of times. (That's if they are still Prem when he wants to move in a couple of years)

Larrson Goes To Barcelona
I'm surprised he stayed that long in Scotland. You guys know what it's like in Jan/Feb there. ******* freezing. Now try to play a footie game in that. Plus he shaved his head ! Hard bloke he is.
Now looking at semi-retirement in Sunny Spain.

Talking of Spain...
Leicester to pick six of the Spanish nine to play on Saturday
The other three are still in the Spanish lock up and are Miguel's bitches now.

Chairman Ken is suing Chelski for breach of contract
If he was pushed, but he resigned, so he's not got much of a leg to stand on.

Rangers bring in Donald Trump to give three players their cards.
Nuno Capucho - "You're Fired"
Christian Nerlinger - "You're Fired"
Emerson - "You're Fired"
(Wasn't he the lazy bastard at Middlesboro who hardly played a game and then fecked off the minute they were relegated a few years back ? I heard from a mate at Boro that he used to come out of the traning ground and waves wads of cash at the fans hanging outside before getting in his Ferrari)

Other players are going as well - some freebies for other clubs come the summer-->
"Henning Berg and Michael Mols will also leave at the end of the season when their contracts expire and McLeish hopes Egil Ostenstad will also depart.

The De Boer twins, Frank and Ronald, are also out of contract and it now looks unlikely that they will be offered new deals. "

Rangers are deep, deep DEEP financial debt if they are offloading this many players.

-----
Reminder of today's matches:
Arsenal v Celta Vigo (Champs League)
Also playing: Real Madrid v Bayern Munich (Derek v Hargreaves)

Doubt if any of these will be on any online radio stations, but we can keep any eye on the Beeb, Soccernet, Talksport or Livescores.

Matt Goss's Butt - prediction ?
Old Mar 10th 2004, 8:51 am
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold

A Newcastle fan spent £800 on air fares to go and see his team in Europe, then realised he'd got the wrong city.

Dozy Anthony Crozier had got it into his head that the Magpies were playing Spanish side Real Mallorca in Malaga rather than Majorca.

So he went ahead and booked five air tickets for him and his mates, at a cost of £804.

When he realised his mistake, the 32-year-old engineer immediately contacted EasyJet, who sportingly refunded most of the money.

Sadly for Anthony, though, it was too late to book flights to Majorca for the game on 25 March.

"I don't know how I made the mistake," he groaned after breaking the news to his mates.

One friend, Tony Johnstone, added: "Tony has been on a diet recently - I think it's affected his brain!"
Old Mar 10th 2004, 9:07 am
100% Pure

DaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by doctor scrumpy
A Newcastle fan spent £800 on air fares to go and see his team in Europe, then realised he'd got the wrong city.

Dozy Anthony Crozier had got it into his head that the Magpies were playing Spanish side Real Mallorca in Malaga rather than Majorca.

So he went ahead and booked five air tickets for him and his mates, at a cost of £804.

When he realised his mistake, the 32-year-old engineer immediately contacted EasyJet, who sportingly refunded most of the money.

Sadly for Anthony, though, it was too late to book flights to Majorca for the game on 25 March.

"I don't know how I made the mistake," he groaned after breaking the news to his mates.

One friend, Tony Johnstone, added: "Tony has been on a diet recently - I think it's affected his brain!"
Scrumpy, now that you've shown us how good you are at cutting a pasting (in this and just about every other message you post these days!), how about learning just to link the web page to your message rather than posting the whole thing?
Old Mar 10th 2004, 9:19 am

Originally posted by DaveC
Scrumpy, now that you've shown us how good you are at cutting a pasting (in this and just about every other message you post these days!), how about learning just to link the web page to your message rather than posting the whole thing?
Oooh saucer of milk for table one please !

Champs League: Arse comfortably through, Real Madrid though.
1st Division: Sunderland and Preston in 6 goal thrilla.
Old Mar 10th 2004, 9:46 am
100% Pure

Oooh saucer of milk for table one please !
I'd better put my claws away, it's quite hard to type!

Good news about Rangers losing so many players. That and with Celtic at least losing The Magnificent 7 it could be a more interesting SPL campaign next year, i.e. not over by Xmas. Providing (a) that Rangers don't plunder the "talent" from the wee SPL teams to replace their crocks and (b) that enough teams survive the financial climate to compete.

Apparently Scots are the UK's biggest spending football fans:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/scotland/3547451.stm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.