Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

British Football thread

Wikiposts

British Football thread

Old Oct 24th 2003, 4:15 am
Wabbit Lord

waxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant future

Hey guys, dont forget me.....

I love football so much I think Im turning spherical

Seriously, I nag my wife into coming most sunday mornings to watch me play sunday league.....im just hoping ill be able to find a team in florida!

Plus, Im top of the Yahoo fantasy league!!!!!!! I know my stuff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lee
Old Oct 24th 2003, 4:43 am
Through the square window

Webbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by waxwabbit
Plus, Im top of the Yahoo fantasy league!!!!!!! I know my stuff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My bunch of alledged rapists have moved up one place - now 4 of 8 !! As someone said though, this is a marathon and not a sprint.

Who do you follow Lee ? Let us know. (Promise we won't laugh)
Old Oct 24th 2003, 8:39 am

Webbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond repute

I don't usually like mentioning Newton Heath, but I found this one on B3ta and just had to post it here -->

TOP !
Old Oct 24th 2003, 9:28 am
Professional Mover

Location: Derry, NH Via Salem, NH via Ma, NC, ex Manchester, UK.
RoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to behold

People hate Man U out of envy..... plain and simple!!!!
Old Oct 25th 2003, 1:25 am
Get em out by Friday

tony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond repute

Partly envy...I think it's mostly because they're wankers though.
Old Oct 25th 2003, 1:58 am
Get em out by Friday

tony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond repute

In the earlier kick offs Rangers draw 0-0 with Livingston, should have been a stroll in the park for them.
Liverpool 3-1 Leeds
Old Oct 25th 2003, 2:30 am

Originally posted by RoB1833
People hate Man U out of envy..... plain and simple!!!!
Have you read the rest of this thread Rob ?
There are football supporters here and not glory seekers.
Better not mention the rags any more or we will shun you !

- City are holding on at the moment. One-nil down. Fowler just had a header hit the post, but I still they they will get gubbed.
Old Oct 25th 2003, 3:25 am

Current scores with 15 mins to go-->

Hearts 3-1 up away to Partick.
Wolves and Leicester 3-3 - what a match going on there !
Fulham are 2-1 up - they are playing away to...
Newcastle seeing off Pompy. (3-0) looks like they've finally found their form.
Chelsea still on up, City looking for the equaliser and putting on the pressure.
Brighton and Stockport nil-nil.
Old Oct 25th 2003, 3:37 am
Professional Mover

Location: Derry, NH Via Salem, NH via Ma, NC, ex Manchester, UK.
RoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by Webbie
Have you read the rest of this thread Rob ?
There are football supporters here and not glory seekers.
Better not mention the rags any more or we will shun you !
Shun me!!! LOL!!!!!!

Old Oct 25th 2003, 3:41 am
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

GOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAL!

Stockers 1 - 0 Brighton.
Old Oct 25th 2003, 3:57 am

Look at these results !

Bolton 0 Birmingham 1 (Brum 5th now)
Chelsea 1 City 0 (Glad to help them go top instead of)
Liverpool 3 Leeds 1 (Houilier safe for another week)
Rags 1 Fulham 3 (Nice !)
Newcastle 3 Pompy 0 (Lord Robson does it again)
Southampton 2 Blackburn 0 (Souness jumping ship to Spurs ?)
Wolves 4 Leicester 3 (Both teams still for the drop though)

Brighton 0 - STOCKPORT 1 (McIlroy's record: P3 W1 D1 L1)

Rangers 0-0 at home. Celtic 4-0 win. Hearts win 4-1 away !!

The draw for the first round of the FA Cup taking place soon.
Old Oct 25th 2003, 4:02 am
Get em out by Friday

BBC- "Manchester United crashed to their first home defeat in 13 months as Fulham pulled off a shock 3-1 victory at Old Trafford."

Our new Fulham friend will be happy

Rob seeing as you are a man u fan, does the "ex UK" in your avatar mean Ukraine?
Old Oct 25th 2003, 4:04 am
Get em out by Friday

Yep my boys done good today...back on course for third place.
Unlucky City, thought they might steal an equaliser
Old Oct 25th 2003, 4:25 am

A word about Newcastle and Lord Robbo.
They are now level on points mid table with City.

They've got to give Sir Bobby Manager of the month award.
Newcastle were third from bottom less than a month ago and have now won 5 in a row.
With the off the field activies happening this is some going.
(But they might lose half their team if any legal stuff happens, so making the most of it ?)

At the other end of the spectrum - Carlisle lost again and are looking at extinction as well as relegation from the football league.

"Football...funny old..."

AH SHUT UP !

Stop Press: Selected FA Cup 1st Round Draw:
Oldham v Carlisle
Blackpool v Boreham Wood
Lancaster City v Cambridge United
East Thurrock or Woking v Histon (Match of the Day used to do the Road To Wembley - now Cardiff. Bet they will be following one of these clubs.)
Eastbourne or Stevenage v Stockport County
Grantham v Leyton Orient
Hornchurch v Darlington
Torquay v Burton
Accrington Stanley v Huddersfield
Brentford v Farsley Celtic or Gainsborough
Kidderminster v Northwich or Halifax
Southend v Mangotsfield or Canvey Island
Sheffield Wednesday v Salisbury City
Farnborough v Weston Super Mare
Chester City v Exeter City or Gravesend
Telford or Tamworth v Crawley Town
Old Oct 25th 2003, 5:45 am
Up Yir Kilt

scotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of light

Dundee should steal 3rd place tomorrow with a win over the arabs. Chelsea are top again (even if it is only until tomorrow).

And Man Yoo getting beat is always a laugh and Newcastle seem to be getting to grips with playaing again.

What about Wolves - what a game that must have been.

Are any of you subscribed to your teams TV station? I paid 30 pound for Chelsea online and get all the goals on a Monday via the internet.

Wish Dundee would do the same as getting Scottish football here is errr....well I haven't.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.