Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

British Football thread

Wikiposts

British Football thread

Old Mar 14th 2004, 4:55 am
BE Forum Addict

CitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond repute

Have that!

Man City 4 - 1 Man Utd

City! City! City! City!
Attached Thumbnails British Football thread-derby-day-1-0.jpg  
Old Mar 14th 2004, 5:13 am
Account Closed

mattbutt is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by CitySimon
Have that!

Man City 4 - 1 Man Utd

City! City! City! City!
What a result...surely Arsenal have it in the bag now. Cant see them throwing it away this season.
Old Mar 14th 2004, 5:42 am
Up The Arse!!

wengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default april the 3rd

Originally posted by mattbutt
What a result...surely Arsenal have it in the bag now. Cant see them throwing it away this season.
12.00 o`clock villa park april 3rd put that in the diary matt there`s gonna be fireworks m8
Old Mar 14th 2004, 5:57 am
spiggle meister

Location: Manchester-Surrey-Coventry-Hampshire-West Yorkshire, now Woodland Hills,CA!
crazi_daizi is an unknown quantity at this point

Super City
Attached Thumbnails British Football thread-crest_orig.jpg  
Old Mar 14th 2004, 6:15 am
Through the square window

Webbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond repute

Hey where have you lot been ?

I've been sitting here on my lonesome all season representing Citeh. Could have let me know you were there.

Anyhoots- off to get slightly pished now.
Old Mar 14th 2004, 6:20 am
BE Forum Addict

CitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Webbie

I've been sitting here on my lonesome all season representing Citeh. Could have let me know you were there.

Doesn't my user name give it away?

I will have to make the Man City badge by Avator! I have been looking for something to use (that nobody else has already done) for a while now!
Old Mar 14th 2004, 6:41 am

Webbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond repute

I will have to make the Man City badge by Avator! I have been looking for something to use (that nobody else has already done) for a while now!
I thought you were Preston North End
Old Mar 14th 2004, 7:15 am
Up The Arse!!

wengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond repute

more drivel from ol pisshead

FERGIE DOWN AFTER DEFEAT
Sunday 14th March 2004

Related stories:

City enjoy derby triumph

More Premiership stories:

Owen misses hand Sturrock win
City enjoy derby triumph

Results
Fixtures
Top Scorers
Sinners
Tables
Opta Stats

Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson was bitterly disappointed with his side's 4-1 derby day thumping by Manchester City.
United bossed large parts of the game but failed to find the target enough times to stay in the match.

Ferguson's men also gave away chances with more examples of poor defending, and he was thoroughly disappointed with the result.

"In the first half we played very, very well but I was disappointed we gave two goals away from a long throw and free-kick," said Ferguson.

"But we hit the woodwork twice and our play was very, very good.

"I thought if we were patient we could get back in the game quite easily - but in the second half City were the far better side.

"There were a few errors in the defending and in any game at this level you can't afford that."

With the current champions now 12 points behind leaders Arsenal, Ferguson admits that his side need to regain their form as soon as possible.

"It's obviously going to be very difficult (catching Arsenal) - there's no question about that.

"But the important thing is to try and get our form back and eradicate these silly errors we're making at the back.

"Confidence can play a part - no-one knows how it comes and goes.

"But this was a terrible result for us - you can't mask that - and we want to do something about that.

"If we get our form back we'll be in a healthier state."
Old Mar 14th 2004, 9:01 am

Originally posted by wengerboy
Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson was bitterly disappointed with his side's 4-1 derby day thumping by Manchester City.
United bossed large parts of the game but failed to find the target enough times to stay in the match.

Ferguson's men also gave away chances with more examples of poor defending, and he was thoroughly disappointed with the result.

"In the first half we played very, very well but I was disappointed we gave two goals away from a long throw and free-kick," said Ferguson.

"But we hit the woodwork twice and our play was very, very good.

"I thought if we were patient we could get back in the game quite easily - but in the second half City were the far better side.

"There were a few errors in the defending and in any game at this level you can't afford that."

With the current champions now 12 points behind leaders Arsenal, Ferguson admits that his side need to regain their form as soon as possible.

"It's obviously going to be very difficult (catching Arsenal) - there's no question about that.

"But the important thing is to try and get our form back and eradicate these silly errors we're making at the back.

"Confidence can play a part - no-one knows how it comes and goes.

"But this was a terrible result for us - you can't mask that - and we want to do something about that.

"If we get our form back we'll be in a healthier state."
WOO HOO !
*hic*

Off down Moss Side for a curry now !
Old Mar 14th 2004, 2:14 pm
spiggle meister

Location: Manchester-Surrey-Coventry-Hampshire-West Yorkshire, now Woodland Hills,CA!
crazi_daizi is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Webbie

Me?! Been here a while and have been vocal in a written way of my footy preferences before!
Old Mar 14th 2004, 3:26 pm

Lobster ? I havent had lobster ?! But I can smell it on me clothes.
I was burning leaves today (and nearly fell onto the fire !) does the smoke from leaves smell like lobster ?
Did I just see Ricky Gervais on Alias ?!!

My head hurts I need to lie down.
Old Mar 15th 2004, 1:30 am
my arm aches

ladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by tony_2003
Last word on this issue...but it looks like someone has been doing some major restructuring of the site. They have removed the lounge, thus eliminating a neutral venue for everyone to chat and on the plus side got rid of the other empty forums that one person (usually WBB) posts around once a year on.
Dammit! I'd had my name on that "instant messenger feedback" area for months!
Old Mar 15th 2004, 1:35 am
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

What a great goal by Shaun Wright-Phillips.

saw the game on tape (isn't it an anti-climax when you already know the reult?) But anyhow, United, they just look pathetic right now.

**** em' anyhow.
3 points to County, we might stay up yet.
Old Mar 15th 2004, 1:40 pm

The thread that refuses to move and refuses to die.

Helluva weekend for Citeh and the Footie thread.
Still got a blinding headache and spent most of the day drinking water and sleeping.

Much of this may not make sense to most of you, but for those lurking and following the story:

Woke up Sunday morning.
Logged on to check the association football results and...
This immediately called for celebration and I had to tell all my chums how thrilled one was regarding my finest team.
I posted the news and added a photograph of our centre forward celebrating his good fortune. But the picture would not work for some reason. Edited it twice without any joy.
It was then that I discovered that this thread - one started by British residents in the United States of America to hold conversations regarding the beautiful game back in the old country, was removed from it's home - where it had lived peacefully since September last year. The reasons why is that a new section had been created and the powers that be had decided that our conversation should take place in there. So it was moved without warning or permission. We questioned for the reasons why and asked that it be put back to where it belongs because as mentioned - this is a conversation between British expats in America about football back in the UK and not a general conversation. Plus we have intellegent, sensible discussions regarding football and if this thread resided in another place then there would be a risk of the children who play in the lounge would come in and reduce the thread down to their level and eventually kill the conversation. Additionally to this was the fact that images are not allowed in this new section and that is something we enjoy and helps illustrate our points.
With thanks to Brigie the thread was moved back home, but not without casulties. Tony - the original author of the football thread was banned by Brigie because of a joke she made (It confused me too.) So I am making a public plea to you Brigie to please remove the ban and let bygones be bygones. You cannot ban somebody because of something you posted and that others took offence at !
Thank you for those who have sat there and have read the entire (and very long) paragraph. The reason I've posted in this PA-like style is to see if I could bore myself as well as you the reader.
And I've succeeded.

Back tommorow with the midweek fixtures.

Last edited by Webbie; Mar 15th 2004 at 1:42 pm.
Old Mar 15th 2004, 2:55 pm
100% Pure

DaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond repute

Hear, hear!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.