Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Old May 31st 2023, 7:57 am
Just Joined

Turbowoowoo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Will report from JFK end of June when I go through there....
Old Jun 1st 2023, 2:26 pm
Just Joined

Visawaiver23 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi I had my appointment on the 23rd March and have still not heard. I was starting work and have now lost that job. Seems everyone waits approximately four months even though the nice man at the embassy in London said it will only take a couple of weeks as they wasn’t very busy. Am still waiting and will update my progress in case it helps answer anyone else’s questions
Old Jun 3rd 2023, 5:34 pm
Forum Regular

EmmaN is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone

Quick question. I have a waiver of ineligibility and am in the US the the moment having yet again experienced rhe delights of secondary processing at MCO

Does anyone know if there is secondary at melbourne international as can get a flgiht a lot cheaper with TUI but csnt fly into MCO

Any advice would be great

Many thanks

Old Jun 5th 2023, 7:55 am
BE Enthusiast

shiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EmmaN
Hi everyone

Quick question. I have a waiver of ineligibility and am in the US the the moment having yet again experienced rhe delights of secondary processing at MCO

Does anyone know if there is secondary at melbourne international as can get a flgiht a lot cheaper with TUI but csnt fly into MCO

Any advice would be great

Many thanks
You can expect secondary inspection at every Port of Entry into the USA. It is basically unavoidable.
Old Jun 5th 2023, 10:23 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for the response. I wasn't trying to avoid anything I completely understand that I will always go through secondary I was more concerned that because it is such a small airport there may be no provision there and I may end up being transported to mco instead to their secondary unit there. I wouldnt care if it was just me but I'm travelling with my son so want to minimise the trauma !!!
Old Jun 5th 2023, 12:51 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by EmmaN
Thanks for the response. I wasn't trying to avoid anything I completely understand that I will always go through secondary I was more concerned that because it is such a small airport there may be no provision there and I may end up being transported to mco instead to their secondary unit there. I wouldnt care if it was just me but I'm travelling with my son so want to minimise the trauma !!!
When I went through Nashville (a relatively small internation airport), there secondary office was shut on both occasions. The officers just asked me a few more questions when i collected my bags. so they can do a 'secondary passport' check without taking you to a secondary room
Old Jun 5th 2023, 12:56 pm
Forum Regular

Oh thats interesting thank you for telling me. I am just concerned about them not being able to complete the checks and me being stuck there with a child in tow thats all x
Old Jun 8th 2023, 11:27 am
Forum Regular

Newyork is an unknown quantity at this point

Timeline for anyone interested

Acro form sent off 12th August 2022
Acro certificate received 30th August 2022
DS - 160 form submitted 31st August 2022
Interview booked earliest 18th January 2023 9.30am
Attended interview 18th January 2023 9.30 am out by 10.45am
Email to send passport received 4th May 2023
Documents to send with passport printed 4th May 2023
Passport and documents delivered to DX Manchester 5th May 2023
Email received passport with DX for return to house
7th June 2023
Passport delivered to house 8th June 2023
Now to book holiday in August Yeah
Old Jun 12th 2023, 8:51 pm
Just Joined

Sewfran is an unknown quantity at this point

Got my magic email this morning. My interview was jan 23rd. I’m estatic. Just really want to know what I’ve been given as I’m hoping for multiple entry

regards
Old Jun 21st 2023, 12:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

shiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone succeeded in finding earlier appointments lately? Soonest available is November which seems insane.

Is the same process of checking early morning the way?
Old Jun 29th 2023, 8:30 am
Forum Regular

Jr1993 is an unknown quantity at this point

Finally received my passport back, embassy appointment was 13th jan, email received to issue passport around 2nd may, passport sent to the embassy and received on 1st June, passport received today 29th June, roughly 6 months all in all, with an added month cause I couldn’t send my passport off straight away as needed for another trip.
Old Jun 29th 2023, 8:43 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Jr1993
Finally received my passport back, embassy appointment was 13th jan, email received to issue passport around 2nd may, passport sent to the embassy and received on 1st June, passport received today 29th June, roughly 6 months all in all, with an added month cause I couldn’t send my passport off straight away as needed for another trip.
what did they give you ? How long and was it multiple entry ?
Old Jun 29th 2023, 8:50 am
Forum Regular

Jr1993 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Sewfran
what did they give you ? How long and was it multiple entry ?
5 years for my second waiver.
Old Jun 29th 2023, 8:51 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Jr1993
5 years for my second waiver.
oh wow … that’s amazing m. You must be so pleased. I’m waiting for my passport and this is my first one
Old Jul 5th 2023, 7:20 am
Just Joined

OK JFK Terminal 8

Sent to Secondary (just next to the Immigration desks). Literally straight in, sat down 30 secs later, handed my passport and "have a good day" and off i went. I could see there were quite a few being sent there but literally no one waiting and turning them around quickly. Guard also told me I will be sent to secondary every single time due to the type of visa held.

Next trip is JFK but different terminal in Feb 24.

Please update this thread with your destination experiences. I am sure it really helps ease the anxiety...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.