Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Old Jul 18th 2023, 8:22 am
Just Joined

NYC1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Any approvals lately? I'm still waiting from interview in London on the 5th April.
Also, when do people seem to get the email, as it generally seems to be early morning?
Old Jul 18th 2023, 8:25 am
Just Joined

Sewfran is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Well my email was 5 months later and came in at 9am. I sent my passport off almost 6 weeks ago and still waiting for it to come back

Old Jul 18th 2023, 8:59 am
Just Joined

6 weeks, that is crazy! I understand they're busy but thats a bit extreme!
Old Jul 20th 2023, 7:44 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by NYC1
6 weeks, that is crazy! I understand they're busy but thats a bit extreme!
I know I think that’s far too long now and you can’t do anything about it. I have to keep waiting but Tuesday will make 7 weeks since they’ve had my passport ….. something just isn’t right
Old Jul 20th 2023, 11:09 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Sewfran
I know I think that’s far too long now and you can’t do anything about it. I have to keep waiting but Tuesday will make 7 weeks since they’ve had my passport ….. something just isn’t right
There must be some huge back log, I remember reading somewhere that someone said that they contacted the embassy to find out what was the hold up.... I'm sure you'll have it back soon.

I'm now waiting 15 weeks from interview. it seems average waiting time is 16/17 weeks from what I can see. The lovely CO said I was looking at 4 months. So hoping magic email will come through soon.

Is this your 1st waiver?
Old Jul 20th 2023, 11:40 am
Just Joined

There must be some huge back log, I remember reading somewhere that someone said that they contacted the embassy to find out what was the hold up.... I'm sure you'll have it back soon.

I'm now waiting 15 weeks from interview. it seems average waiting time is 16/17 weeks from what I can see. The lovely CO said I was looking at 4 months. So hoping magic email will come through soon.

Is this your 1st waiver?
awww yes the average is 4-6 months and I was bang in the middle. I was definitely expecting them to have my passport for up to 21 working days but I’ve gone way passed that. I’m greatful but it’s preventing other travel o need for work as I was going by what they said upon receipt of passport. This is my first yes so I don’t even know what I have been given yet
Old Jul 20th 2023, 2:29 pm
tht
DE-UK-NZ-IE-US... the TYP

tht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond repute

awww yes the average is 4-6 months and I was bang in the middle. I was definitely expecting them to have my passport for up to 21 working days but I’ve gone way passed that. I’m greatful but it’s preventing other travel o need for work as I was going by what they said upon receipt of passport. This is my first yes so I don’t even know what I have been given yet
I was traveling while my L1a visa foil was being put in my passport (now waivers, and only took a week)… if you need to travel for work you had options… I think you need the 1st one as part of the application thought. I went and did mine same day at the Victoria office:

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...rts-accessible
Old Jul 20th 2023, 4:21 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by tht
I was traveling while my L1a visa foil was being put in my passport (now waivers, and only took a week)… if you need to travel for work you had options… I think you need the 1st one as part of the application thought. I went and did mine same day at the Victoria office:

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...rts-accessible
wow I had no idea you could do this and surprised my employer didn’t share this. I think I will have to do this as I’m not confident in it coming anytime soon due to this backlog
Old Jul 25th 2023, 1:07 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Ukexpat23
congrats! my appt was start of April so plenty of waiting left
Hi, have you had anything? My Appointment was day after your's.
Old Jul 25th 2023, 1:09 pm
Just Joined

Today marks 7 weeks since I sent off my passport for visa issuance
Old Jul 25th 2023, 1:10 pm
Just Joined

Today marks 7 weeks since I sent off my passport for visa issuance
have you tried contacting them?
Old Jul 25th 2023, 1:11 pm
Just Joined

have you tried contacting them?
yes they pretty much said … it’s takes as long as it takes …..
Old Jul 25th 2023, 1:14 pm
Just Joined

yes they pretty much said … it’s takes as long as it takes …..
I don't understand why it's taking so long to do. I get that there are lots to issue, but man.... 7 weeks and counting!
Old Jul 25th 2023, 1:18 pm
Just Joined

I don't understand why it's taking so long to do. I get that there are lots to issue, but man.... 7 weeks and counting!
I know… i wish I knew I could get a 2nd passport. Now I don’t think it’s worth me trying to get another as I have a feeling I’ll be contacted. It’s a long time to have someone’s passport. I have to stop checking the progress as that’s not helping … I’m literally checking multiple times a day. Not doing myself any favours
Old Jul 25th 2023, 1:26 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think it's the issuance, sounds to me like Sewfran is in Admin Processing. Sewfran, what does your online status say?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.