Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Old Aug 25th 2016, 1:56 am
Forum Regular

hsc0307 has a reputation beyond reputehsc0307 has a reputation beyond reputehsc0307 has a reputation beyond reputehsc0307 has a reputation beyond reputehsc0307 has a reputation beyond reputehsc0307 has a reputation beyond reputehsc0307 has a reputation beyond reputehsc0307 has a reputation beyond reputehsc0307 has a reputation beyond reputehsc0307 has a reputation beyond reputehsc0307 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Originally Posted by TheWaitingPlace
Congrats hsc0307. Really pleased for you!
Seems strange that yours took 5 months when I'm already over 7. I wonder if type of visa/offence makes a difference.
What email address did it come from please?
TWP thanks. The email was from [email protected]
So it was an E2 visa for us and the offence is extremely similar to yours.
I wish you all the best and hope you get yours soon
Old Aug 25th 2016, 6:21 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

I wonder if type of visa/offence makes a difference.
The type of visa/offence makes no difference whatsoever except in being recommended for a waiver. Processing your application takes only 5 minutes. The 6-8 month wait time is due to the many hundreds of thousands of visas that are in line ahead of yours... sitting in piles on people's desks. Perhaps the guy's who's processing your visa doesn't work as fast as the guy who processed hsc0307's visa! There's no way to know, and there's absolutely nothing you can do about it.

Ian
Old Sep 7th 2016, 8:30 am
Forum Regular

serenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond repute

Its a bit quiet in here 10 weeks 2 days since my interview............++++ weeks to go.
Old Sep 7th 2016, 8:49 am
Forum Regular

hsc0307 has a reputation beyond reputehsc0307 has a reputation beyond reputehsc0307 has a reputation beyond reputehsc0307 has a reputation beyond reputehsc0307 has a reputation beyond reputehsc0307 has a reputation beyond reputehsc0307 has a reputation beyond reputehsc0307 has a reputation beyond reputehsc0307 has a reputation beyond reputehsc0307 has a reputation beyond reputehsc0307 has a reputation beyond repute

Hello Everyone
Just got passports back today.
So 25 weeks and 1 day from interview to "good to go", 5 year Visa given at first application.
Best of luck to everyone wo has been waiting. It will happen just try and be patient.

Ian, do we have to return every 2 years to the UK?
Old Sep 7th 2016, 10:08 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hsc0307
Ian, do we have to return every 2 years to the UK?
You can if you want to, but no - you don't have to! You can remain in the US until the expiry date on the I-94 that you'll receive when you enter the US with your visa.

Ian
Old Sep 7th 2016, 5:50 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
You can if you want to, but no - you don't have to! You can remain in the US until the expiry date on the I-94 that you'll receive when you enter the US with your visa.

Ian
Thanks as always.
One more question, my wife has indefinite leave to remain in the UK with an Indian passport. Is she subject to the 2 year rule under an E2 spouse visa?
Old Sep 8th 2016, 12:30 am
Just Joined

TheWaitingPlace is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi serenawell I'm over 33 weeks now. Will be 8 months next week
Checking email every 15 minutes...
Good to hear updates from anyone else out there though!?!
Old Sep 8th 2016, 12:37 am
Just Joined

TheWaitingPlace is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello Everyone,
Just received the long awaited email...
So timescales were as follows:
E2 interview 15/03/2016 London
Email received 25/08/2016
hsc0307 - it looks as though it took nearly 2 weeks for your passports to be returned - is this right?
Old Sep 8th 2016, 1:06 am
Just Joined

Mirae1973 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

I had my visa interview May 27th this year and was declined the visa for moral turpitude for an offence over 20 years ago, the officer said she recommends me for a waiver. Has anyone attended close to this date and received their waiver yet? I was told 5 to 8 months which would put me on the cusp of when i am due to fly out. Stupidly i booked before interview as i didnt think a 20 year old conviction would be an issue. bah.
Old Sep 8th 2016, 1:42 am
Account Closed

Is she subject to the 2 year rule under an E2 spouse visa?
No, but she will eventually lose her LTR unless she actually lives in the UK. I don't know what the rules are for maintaining LTR, but 2 years out of the UK could definitely have a negative impact on her.

Ian
Old Sep 8th 2016, 1:54 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mirae1973
Hi,

I had my visa interview May 27th this year and was declined the visa for moral turpitude for an offence over 20 years ago, the officer said she recommends me for a waiver. Has anyone attended close to this date and received their waiver yet? I was told 5 to 8 months which would put me on the cusp of when i am due to fly out. Stupidly i booked before interview as i didnt think a 20 year old conviction would be an issue. bah.
All you can do is wait I'm afraid, the US visa department does not recognise any convictions as spent as you have now found out, and this is why people on here always recommend NOT booking any sort of flight or holiday until you have the visa in hand, and you change the date of the flight?.
Old Sep 8th 2016, 2:04 am
Just Joined

Mirae1973 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mikelincs
All you can do is wait I'm afraid, the US visa department does not recognise any convictions as spent as you have now found out, and this is why people on here always recommend NOT booking any sort of flight or holiday until you have the visa in hand, and you change the date of the flight?.
Thanks Mike. unfortunately i only just found this forum, had i have found this when i booked last December i would probably have my waiver now instead of biting my nails lol. I am pretty much resigned to the fact that my husband and daughter will be going without me as i cannot change the dates or get a refund. (i am a bargain hunter so the trip is non refundable and can only be cancelled and rebooked for an extortionate amount.)

The best i can do now is keep this thread updated as to when i get mine (assuming i will) to give other people indications and hope.
Old Sep 8th 2016, 4:20 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mirae1973
Thanks Mike. unfortunately i only just found this forum, had i have found this when i booked last December i would probably have my waiver now instead of biting my nails lol. I am pretty much resigned to the fact that my husband and daughter will be going without me as i cannot change the dates or get a refund. (i am a bargain hunter so the trip is non refundable and can only be cancelled and rebooked for an extortionate amount.)

The best i can do now is keep this thread updated as to when i get mine (assuming i will) to give other people indications and hope.
If you have been recommended for a waiver, then you will, almost certainly, get one, we haven't had any reports on here to say that anyone has had their waiver refused.
Old Sep 8th 2016, 7:06 am
Forum Regular

hsc0307 - it looks as though it took nearly 2 weeks for your passports to be returned - is this right?
Yes TWP but we had a bank holiday in between and they say upto 10 working days
Old Sep 8th 2016, 10:35 pm
P72
Just Joined

P72 is an unknown quantity at this point

Unfortunately like others, I have just found this site.
My husband was refused a visa for our pre booked and paid family holiday for this December.
His appointment date was 5th Aug, he was told they were recommending him for a waiver of ineligibility, everything has been going quickly since and the officer said wait time is approx 5 months atm?
I have seen that Belfast embassy have their list of waiver applications too view online for progress? But I can't seam too find one for London applications?
We can't amend or change our booking so if he doesn't get one in time, it's safe too say we go without him or loose the holiday. My husband has rang a few times too see if they have started the process or for further updates?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.