Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Old Apr 4th 2023, 10:47 am
Forum Regular

Rvee15 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Originally Posted by brit999
Congratulations. was this for 1st waiver?
thank you. Yeah 1st waiver and it took 10 months to hear back even though we were initially quoted 2-3 months at interview. So note to everyone: don’t be disheartened if it takes longer than expected
Old Apr 4th 2023, 10:47 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by visa33
congratulations.
thank you
Old Apr 4th 2023, 9:27 pm
Forum Regular

Ukexpat23 is an unknown quantity at this point

Just had my interview today and recommended for a waiver for a very historic CIMT. any experiences from 2023 on how long this is taking? Does the visa type matter?
Old Apr 5th 2023, 6:07 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Ukexpat23
Just had my interview today and recommended for a waiver for a very historic CIMT. any experiences from 2023 on how long this is taking? Does the visa type matter?
just a heads up, I probably wouldn’t go by what other people’s waiting times are as it really varies. My interview was June 6th last year and only got an email yesterday where as people were hearing back within 2 months who interviewed same time as me. And some still haven’t heard.
Old Apr 5th 2023, 8:01 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Rvee15
just a heads up, I probably wouldn’t go by what other people’s waiting times are as it really varies. My interview was June 6th last year and only got an email yesterday where as people were hearing back within 2 months who interviewed same time as me. And some still haven’t heard.
I don’t understand the different processing times, since reading here it sounds like anyone who needs a waiver, the process is the same regardless of visa type
Old Apr 5th 2023, 9:03 am
Forum Regular

movida is an unknown quantity at this point

Can anyone help with my question about the timescale for an appointment? I can only book for late august which is ages away. Is this normal, should I be looking daily for cancellations?
Old Apr 5th 2023, 9:28 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by movida
Can anyone help with my question about the timescale for an appointment? I can only book for late august which is ages away. Is this normal, should I be looking daily for cancellations?
My initial appoint was mid-May, bought forward to mid-April, and then bought forward to start of April. You need to check very early in the morning was my experience. I forgot when exactly but try at 6am, 9am, midnight, try all the time! This was for an L1 though, not sure if it varies for other categories.
Old Apr 5th 2023, 10:13 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

I don’t understand the different processing times, since reading here it sounds like anyone who needs a waiver, the process is the same regardless of visa type
The process is, but the reasons for the waiver will vary, as will people's circumstances, and therefore background checks and document requirements will vary hugely too.

A little longer than the quoted timescales (86 days), but pretty normal. Just keep checking for cancellations as above, you may get lucky. I'm expecting my family's interview for immigrant visas to be scheduled for right in the middle of my kids A Level & GCSE exams, so I'll need to cancel ours - if you haven't got an earlier one by then maybe I can PM you when I'm about to do it so you can try and snap it up.
Old Apr 5th 2023, 10:22 am
Forum Regular

movida is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
The process is, but the reasons for the waiver will vary, as will people's circumstances, and therefore background checks and document requirements will vary hugely too.

A little longer than the quoted timescales (86 days), but pretty normal. Just keep checking for cancellations as above, you may get lucky. I'm expecting my family's interview for immigrant visas to be scheduled for right in the middle of my kids A Level & GCSE exams, so I'll need to cancel ours - if you haven't got an earlier one by then maybe I can PM you when I'm about to do it so you can try and snap it up.
ha, fair enough. Please do. Thanks!
Old Apr 5th 2023, 10:26 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

ha, fair enough. Please do. Thanks!
I suspect it'll just go back to the consulate and they'll reallocate the slot to somebody with priority (spouse visa, etc). But worth a try if you've still not managed to get one by then!
Old Apr 5th 2023, 11:38 am
Just Joined

visa33 is an unknown quantity at this point

My initial appoint was mid-May, bought forward to mid-April, and then bought forward to start of April. You need to check very early in the morning was my experience. I forgot when exactly but try at 6am, 9am, midnight, try all the time! This was for an L1 though, not sure if it varies for other categories.
were you told about the timelines for waiver approval by the VO
Old Apr 5th 2023, 11:41 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by visa33
were you told about the timelines for waiver approval by the VO
yes but it wasn't a convincing reply. He said he doesn't know. Could be 2 weeks, equally could be 2 months. Having read this forum I know even 2 months would be a miracle!
Old Apr 5th 2023, 11:43 am
Just Joined

yes but it wasn't a convincing reply. He said he doesn't know. Could be 2 weeks, equally could be 2 months. Having read this forum I know even 2 months would be a miracle!
correct waiting from jan 20th now. Hopefully hear a good news soon
Old Apr 6th 2023, 11:54 am
Forum Regular

How can I track the status of my visa application? Is it the "check DS-160 status" on the interview booking website? If so, mine says "refused" (visa interview was on 4th April) - I'm awaiting the waiver of ineligibility to come through. Does this stay as "refused" until the waiver comes through? Or does it go to some other status whilst we await for the waiver to be processed.

Or is there another way to check that this is still processing. I note on the letter that they gave me on the day (to state they are recommending me for a waiver), there is a date and reference section at the top right hand corner of the letter, but the interviewer didn't complete that.
Old Apr 6th 2023, 12:01 pm
Just Joined

How can I track the status of my visa application? Is it the "check DS-160 status" on the interview booking website? If so, mine says "refused" (visa interview was on 4th April) - I'm awaiting the waiver of ineligibility to come through. Does this stay as "refused" until the waiver comes through? Or does it go to some other status whilst we await for the waiver to be processed.

Or is there another way to check that this is still processing. I note on the letter that they gave me on the day (to state they are recommending me for a waiver), there is a date and reference section at the top right hand corner of the letter, but the interviewer didn't complete that.
I always check my status with DS160 confirmation number.Until the waiver gets approved by ARO and they ask for passport it will state ‘refused’.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.