Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Old Apr 3rd 2023, 10:47 pm
  #4591  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jul 2022
Posts: 36
Rvee15 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Originally Posted by brit999
Congratulations. was this for 1st waiver?
thank you. Yeah 1st waiver and it took 10 months to hear back even though we were initially quoted 2-3 months at interview. So note to everyone: don’t be disheartened if it takes longer than expected
Rvee15 is offline  
Old Apr 3rd 2023, 10:47 pm
  #4592  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jul 2022
Posts: 36
Rvee15 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Originally Posted by visa33
congratulations.
thank you
Rvee15 is offline  
Old Apr 4th 2023, 9:27 am
  #4593  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Apr 2023
Posts: 74
Ukexpat23 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Just had my interview today and recommended for a waiver for a very historic CIMT. any experiences from 2023 on how long this is taking? Does the visa type matter?
Ukexpat23 is offline  
Old Apr 4th 2023, 6:07 pm
  #4594  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jul 2022
Posts: 36
Rvee15 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Originally Posted by Ukexpat23
Just had my interview today and recommended for a waiver for a very historic CIMT. any experiences from 2023 on how long this is taking? Does the visa type matter?
just a heads up, I probably wouldn’t go by what other people’s waiting times are as it really varies. My interview was June 6th last year and only got an email yesterday where as people were hearing back within 2 months who interviewed same time as me. And some still haven’t heard.
Rvee15 is offline  
Old Apr 4th 2023, 8:01 pm
  #4595  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Apr 2023
Posts: 74
Ukexpat23 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Originally Posted by Rvee15
just a heads up, I probably wouldn’t go by what other people’s waiting times are as it really varies. My interview was June 6th last year and only got an email yesterday where as people were hearing back within 2 months who interviewed same time as me. And some still haven’t heard.
I don’t understand the different processing times, since reading here it sounds like anyone who needs a waiver, the process is the same regardless of visa type
Ukexpat23 is offline  
Old Apr 4th 2023, 9:03 pm
  #4596  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 56
movida is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Can anyone help with my question about the timescale for an appointment? I can only book for late august which is ages away. Is this normal, should I be looking daily for cancellations?
movida is offline  
Old Apr 4th 2023, 9:28 pm
  #4597  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Apr 2023
Posts: 74
Ukexpat23 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Originally Posted by movida
Can anyone help with my question about the timescale for an appointment? I can only book for late august which is ages away. Is this normal, should I be looking daily for cancellations?
My initial appoint was mid-May, bought forward to mid-April, and then bought forward to start of April. You need to check very early in the morning was my experience. I forgot when exactly but try at 6am, 9am, midnight, try all the time! This was for an L1 though, not sure if it varies for other categories.
Ukexpat23 is offline  
Old Apr 4th 2023, 10:13 pm
  #4598  
SUPER MODERATOR
 
christmasoompa's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: In a darkened room somewhere.............
Posts: 34,166
christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Originally Posted by Ukexpat23
I don’t understand the different processing times, since reading here it sounds like anyone who needs a waiver, the process is the same regardless of visa type
The process is, but the reasons for the waiver will vary, as will people's circumstances, and therefore background checks and document requirements will vary hugely too.

Originally Posted by movida
Can anyone help with my question about the timescale for an appointment? I can only book for late august which is ages away. Is this normal, should I be looking daily for cancellations?
A little longer than the quoted timescales (86 days), but pretty normal. Just keep checking for cancellations as above, you may get lucky. I'm expecting my family's interview for immigrant visas to be scheduled for right in the middle of my kids A Level & GCSE exams, so I'll need to cancel ours - if you haven't got an earlier one by then maybe I can PM you when I'm about to do it so you can try and snap it up.
christmasoompa is offline  
Old Apr 4th 2023, 10:22 pm
  #4599  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 56
movida is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
The process is, but the reasons for the waiver will vary, as will people's circumstances, and therefore background checks and document requirements will vary hugely too.



A little longer than the quoted timescales (86 days), but pretty normal. Just keep checking for cancellations as above, you may get lucky. I'm expecting my family's interview for immigrant visas to be scheduled for right in the middle of my kids A Level & GCSE exams, so I'll need to cancel ours - if you haven't got an earlier one by then maybe I can PM you when I'm about to do it so you can try and snap it up.
ha, fair enough. Please do. Thanks!
movida is offline  
Old Apr 4th 2023, 10:26 pm
  #4600  
SUPER MODERATOR
 
christmasoompa's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: In a darkened room somewhere.............
Posts: 34,166
christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Originally Posted by movida
ha, fair enough. Please do. Thanks!
I suspect it'll just go back to the consulate and they'll reallocate the slot to somebody with priority (spouse visa, etc). But worth a try if you've still not managed to get one by then!
christmasoompa is offline  
Old Apr 4th 2023, 11:38 pm
  #4601  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Mar 2023
Posts: 9
visa33 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Originally Posted by Ukexpat23
My initial appoint was mid-May, bought forward to mid-April, and then bought forward to start of April. You need to check very early in the morning was my experience. I forgot when exactly but try at 6am, 9am, midnight, try all the time! This was for an L1 though, not sure if it varies for other categories.
were you told about the timelines for waiver approval by the VO
visa33 is offline  
Old Apr 4th 2023, 11:41 pm
  #4602  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Apr 2023
Posts: 74
Ukexpat23 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Originally Posted by visa33
were you told about the timelines for waiver approval by the VO
yes but it wasn't a convincing reply. He said he doesn't know. Could be 2 weeks, equally could be 2 months. Having read this forum I know even 2 months would be a miracle!
Ukexpat23 is offline  
Old Apr 4th 2023, 11:43 pm
  #4603  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Mar 2023
Posts: 9
visa33 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Originally Posted by Ukexpat23
yes but it wasn't a convincing reply. He said he doesn't know. Could be 2 weeks, equally could be 2 months. Having read this forum I know even 2 months would be a miracle!
correct waiting from jan 20th now. Hopefully hear a good news soon
visa33 is offline  
Old Apr 5th 2023, 11:54 pm
  #4604  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Apr 2023
Posts: 74
Ukexpat23 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

How can I track the status of my visa application? Is it the "check DS-160 status" on the interview booking website? If so, mine says "refused" (visa interview was on 4th April) - I'm awaiting the waiver of ineligibility to come through. Does this stay as "refused" until the waiver comes through? Or does it go to some other status whilst we await for the waiver to be processed.

Or is there another way to check that this is still processing. I note on the letter that they gave me on the day (to state they are recommending me for a waiver), there is a date and reference section at the top right hand corner of the letter, but the interviewer didn't complete that.
Ukexpat23 is offline  
Old Apr 6th 2023, 12:01 am
  #4605  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Mar 2023
Posts: 9
visa33 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Originally Posted by Ukexpat23
How can I track the status of my visa application? Is it the "check DS-160 status" on the interview booking website? If so, mine says "refused" (visa interview was on 4th April) - I'm awaiting the waiver of ineligibility to come through. Does this stay as "refused" until the waiver comes through? Or does it go to some other status whilst we await for the waiver to be processed.

Or is there another way to check that this is still processing. I note on the letter that they gave me on the day (to state they are recommending me for a waiver), there is a date and reference section at the top right hand corner of the letter, but the interviewer didn't complete that.
I always check my status with DS160 confirmation number.Until the waiver gets approved by ARO and they ask for passport it will state ‘refused’.
visa33 is offline  

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.