Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Old Feb 12th 2023, 4:48 pm
Forum Regular

usvisa is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Unfortunately, it's not as simple as that. If they're waiting for info from a third party country then it can take months and months to receive that. The more pertinent info that will affect your timeline is your previous immigration history, you've alluded to there being a previous violation, which will have a far bigger impact than your country of birth. Hence my suggestion of a lawyer, as it seems you don't have a case that's as straightforward as most.

Not sure why that's relevant tbh. There are far more prolific posters than I. Just check out my fellow Admin/supermod as examples, they've got more than double the posts I have. BE is a community, I've just been here for 16 years or so so it's spread over a very long period (far longer than I care to remember ).
Simply for everyone reading advises and expert opinions of unknown person will be interesting to find out what is the source of expertise. It's good to know that the mechanic is qualified mechanic isn't it, before you taking your car to be serviced? Of course you are not oblige too share it. Just using your tools. No offence. Enjoy your evening.
My best regards.
Old Feb 12th 2023, 7:34 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by usvisa
Simply for everyone reading advises and expert opinions of unknown person will be interesting to find out what is the source of expertise. It's good to know that the mechanic is qualified mechanic isn't it, before you taking your car to be serviced? Of course you are not oblige too share it. Just using your tools. No offence. Enjoy your evening.
My best regards.
No offence taken at all, I’m just not sure how somebody’s post count is relevant to their occupation. A public forum isn’t really the place to solicit ‘expert opinions’. As I said before, for that you need a lawyer.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Feb 15th 2023 at 12:01 pm.
Old Feb 15th 2023, 6:55 am
BE Enthusiast

shiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond repute

That is more reasonable and acceptable answer. I have said it within my previous posts. I am British citizen living in London. Not criminal offences at all. Different issue... way to long to be properly explained... long time ago. All information is well known and well presented to the proper authority - US embassy, CBP, DHS... All required information presented. Embassy don't needed anything further. At the interview, waiver recommendation was taken instantly for no time... And yeah. I used to leave in US. But these are millions of cases same as mine.
I thought that 9 months is the top... but obviously there is even more.
I am mostly afraid that my case might have got lost or misplaced. I have witnessed lots of administrative mistakes of any kind (I can write a book about it). People do mistakes. And for the office person unfortunately... 'we' mean nothing. Some number... When the number is gone... means just less work. That's all. Aren't you agreed?
Thank you. Don't get me wrong. Highly appreciate every single response on such forums. Normally people are trying to match similarities and adjust expectations. Every case is unique... we all know that. Yes, was born in another European country (like many other people holding dual citizenship) nothing wrong with it. Not a single trouble with any countries criminal law.
Point is. Today takes few minutes to these authorities especially US CBP; DHS...etc. agencies, few clicks away to find out everything about everyone. It's not 60's or 70's decades of paper folders. Anyway. Nothing I can do but wait. I wish everyone short time and success! Don't look at me. I've done one pregnancy already ha ha ha.

May I ask if you don't mind, what is your job or occupation? I think is good for us to know what is behind the darkened room somewhere..? And thousands of posts. Lawyer, US authority person, embassy officer... Really to be able to read and answer that many times... must be more than hobby.

Best wishes and kind regards.
To put it bluntly, you're not going to get any helpful advice or insight here by being so ambiguous about your situation. Further, if you've experienced such a litany of administrative mistakes in your life, you should know full well that "Today takes few minutes" [sic] is not at all how it works, and if there is one instution on earth that embodies that fact, USICS would be it.

At the end of the day, the quality of what you get out of this place is at least directly coupled to the quality of what you put in, and really the person posting a question should frontload with coherent information. If we just drill down on pretty much the only salient piece of information you provided, which is the absolute certainty that the consulate received all the requisite information...then it sounds like you already know the answer: you have no choice but to wait and there is no guarantee of success. If you want to try to conduct comparisons with other cases, then as I say, ambiguity is not your friend.
Old Feb 15th 2023, 10:42 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by shiversaint
To put it bluntly, you're not going to get any helpful advice or insight here by being so ambiguous about your situation. Further, if you've experienced such a litany of administrative mistakes in your life, you should know full well that "Today takes few minutes" [sic] is not at all how it works, and if there is one instution on earth that embodies that fact, USICS would be it.

At the end of the day, the quality of what you get out of this place is at least directly coupled to the quality of what you put in, and really the person posting a question should frontload with coherent information. If we just drill down on pretty much the only salient piece of information you provided, which is the absolute certainty that the consulate received all the requisite information...then it sounds like you already know the answer: you have no choice but to wait and there is no guarantee of success. If you want to try to conduct comparisons with other cases, then as I say, ambiguity is not your friend.
There is nothing ambiguously and I am not expecting magic answers from anyone. Again forums are for people to chat and to share experience. I am awaiting for my waiver just like everyone else. No matter how much information people disclosing, that wouldn't make any difference.
Thanks everyone and wish everybody successful outcome. Waiting is the only option we have.
Old Feb 17th 2023, 10:06 am
Forum Regular

Jo3ler is an unknown quantity at this point

I received my submit passport email today. It says to include all documents: DS160 & Passport. I don't have the DS160 because they took it at the interview. Can someone confirm I can just send the passport and instructions letter with the barcodes on? Sorry, it's been 5 years since the last time I did this.

Also for anyone eagerly waiting, my email arrived today 17th Feb, my interview was Nov 29th - just over 11 weeks. This will be my third waiver.

Appreciate it.
Old Feb 17th 2023, 1:10 pm
Forum Regular

sevorg is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes just send the letter and your passport. Done this four times and have had no issues with just the letter and passport. Be aware some people are reporting waiting a few weeks for this the be processed and returned (London)
Old Feb 17th 2023, 1:13 pm
Forum Regular

That's awesome thank you! Did you post via dx (I'd have to drive quite far to a dropoff location) or can I send via RM tracked? Sorry for all the questions and thank you!
Old Feb 17th 2023, 1:18 pm
Forum Regular

sevorg is an unknown quantity at this point

Sent each time by DX,I understand you can send it by RM but I have no experience of that. Personally, I would use DX as this is the suggested method from the embassy, I would not want to over complicate anything and the RM is not exactly the most reliable service these days.
Old Feb 17th 2023, 1:51 pm
Forum Regular

Yes I agree. I guess postal deliveries into an embassy would b under intense scrutiny and I don't want to risk it not getting there. Thank you.
Old Feb 23rd 2023, 7:26 pm
Forum Regular

movida is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone,

I was granted a waiver of ineligibility almost 5 years ago, after a c. 15 year old conviction for theft from employer. I was sentenced to 80 hours community service at the time when I was 18 and took about £200 from memory. No convictions or misbehaviour since!

My visa expires September so I'm keen to re-apply after travelling to the USA 4-5 times using it. Last time I applied, the waiting times in London seemed huge plus the timescale to process a waiver seemed far longer than Belfast. Therefore on this forum the recommendation was to go to Belfast if possible, also as they published updates every week or so where you could determine how far down the queue you were. Is this still a thing or is the London embassy now turning around visa waivers in a similar timeframe? I know a waiver of ineligibility should be referred to the same place ultimately but for whatever reason at the time applications from Belfast were speedier.

Also, I remember the entire process being very convoluted. Is the full process published here accurate and up to date? https://unlock.org.uk/advice/travelling-america-usa/

I recall having to dial a premium rate number to book an appointment but this site now suggests you book the appointment online? You also needed to bring a specially sized and printed photo to the appointment previously but it doesn't state this on the Unlock site? I don't want to get anything wrong. Also, it says to bring as much documentation as possible. Last time I handed them a letter explaining my remorse and good behaviour since but didn't give anything showing my 'ties' to the country, however I can take mortgage documents and my job contract etc (as well as explaining this in the short letter). Is this recommended?

thank you!
Old Feb 24th 2023, 7:17 pm
Just Joined

Tambling is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, I’ve submitted my application in the UK, but i can’t see where to pay fee or book interview for London. Can someone help me please. Last time I did, all the information was there.
Old Feb 25th 2023, 12:48 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Tambling
Hi, I’ve submitted my application in the UK, but i can’t see where to pay fee or book interview for London. Can someone help me please. Last time I did, all the information was there.
First you fill in DS-160 form then go to https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-gb/niv. This is one and only official site to apply for a visa, waiver etc.
Of course DS-160 you have to do online. Pay the fee, choose a interview date, receive confirmation and wait. That's all.
Officially will ask you for tones of documents to prepare ready. Realistically they will look at only one-two of them.
Best wishes!
Old Feb 26th 2023, 6:09 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by visawaiver
Hi All I’ve been reading this thread with great interest last week or so and thought I’d post my plight regarding my application on here to see if anyone could give their opinions on whether my visa would be granted or not I apologise in advance if it’s been answered before but I can’t seem to see of anybody with my circumstances on here .....so I had my interview in London and it was denied for crimes of moral turpitude 20 odd years ago
1 common assault ( community service order )
2 theft from person ( 9 months Young offenders institution)
3 obtaining benefits dishonesty (conditional discharge)

But my problem aswell as the criminal record is that I was deported from the u.s 20 years ago for an overstay,having said that I was recommended for a visa of ineligibility,so my question being what do people think of my chances being granted with my case ...I’m a british passport holder and this was all when I was a stupid teenager .Thanks .
Hi, did you receive your waiver..? Can't find more posts from you following up...
Old Mar 5th 2023, 4:05 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by materialcontroller
This question has already been answered in the other thread. It won't be any quicker. Every waiver application has to be sent to the ARO for a decision to be made. The waiting time, in general, reflects how busy the DHS is at any given time. It doesn't matter how complex or lengthy your individual case is; what matters is whereabouts you are in the queue of cases waiting at the ARO.

Your husband's current application will take roughly the same length of time as everyone else that is applying now.
Unfortunately this account was closed but anywhere, I would disagree. And I have the clear proof that this is not the case indeed.

Cases being way behind on the queue, months after my case... have already received decision. So it is clearly different the way DHS proceeds and most likely it is about the complex of the case instead... the position in the queue. My simple observation.
Old Mar 7th 2023, 10:06 am
Forum Regular

My passport was delivered to the US embassy on 22nd Feb, how long roughly does it take to get it back? I assumed within a couple of weeks which would be tomorrow.

Thanks!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.