Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Old Dec 11th 2022, 12:28 pm
Forum Regular

usvisa is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Hi everyone,

My Interview for my first ever waiver was on 18 MAY 22. So almost 7 months later I still haven't received result back from DHS. From what I have read so far almost everyone has received approval quicker than me... Bit disturbing really. Any advise guys..? I know that official info states 6-8 months. Is it possible to take even more? Embassy answers to my two status requests are that case is still under DHS review.

Thanks again
Old Dec 11th 2022, 5:57 pm
Forum Regular

Hi,

Does anyone have ever tried contacting (emailing) DHS directly asking for status update? I just had have across article about people contacting them...
If someone has some info... please.

Thank you
Old Dec 15th 2022, 4:36 am
Forum Regular

Rvee15 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by usvisa
Hi everyone,

My Interview for my first ever waiver was on 18 MAY 22. So almost 7 months later I still haven't received result back from DHS. From what I have read so far almost everyone has received approval quicker than me... Bit disturbing really. Any advise guys..? I know that official info states 6-8 months. Is it possible to take even more? Embassy answers to my two status requests are that case is still under DHS review.

Thanks again
we are also waiting from our appt in June 2022
i believe from this thread it’s usually within 6 months but the odd one takes 8. Guess we’re the unlucky ones haha
Old Dec 15th 2022, 7:09 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for your response Rvee15. Would you please share if this is your first ever waiver application for your partner..?
At least is my first one and really frustrating that takes such long time. Hopefully is not for nothing... I thought if they have lost somewhere my application... nobody would ever know or find out as their policy is 'no updates or tracking'. What do you think? Have you ask the consulate for info?
Old Dec 15th 2022, 7:21 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Sys
Thanks, was more concerned with the Refused on the status really.
Hi,
Sorry if I have missed your initial info. When was your London interview... and looks like is your first waiver as well?
Old Dec 15th 2022, 7:22 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for your response Rvee15. Would you please share if this is your first ever waiver application for your partner..?
At least is my first one and really frustrating that takes such long time. Hopefully is not for nothing... I thought if they have lost somewhere my application... nobody would ever know or find out as their policy is 'no updates or tracking'. What do you think? Have you ask the consulate for info?
yeah it’s my partners first one.
I think chances of them being lost etc are quite slim but I do agree that it is extremely stressful and frustrating having to wait.
unfortunately us on this thread are just a very small portion of people who have applied for visa’s and a lot of people are on their 2nd or 3rd etc. I’m sure plenty of people are in the same boat as us but simply have not joined this forum.

fingers crossed we hear back soon. I don’t think there’s point in contacting the embassy and I believe from this thread you just get a generic response back.
I’ll keep you updated on here if we hear anything.
Old Dec 15th 2022, 7:39 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Rvee15
I think chances of them being lost etc are quite slim but I do agree that it is extremely stressful and frustrating having to wait.
unfortunately us on this thread are just a very small portion of people who have applied for visa’s and a lot of people are on their 2nd or 3rd etc. I’m sure plenty of people are in the same boat as us but simply have not joined this forum.

fingers crossed we hear back soon. I don’t think there’s point in contacting the embassy and I believe from this thread you just get a generic response back.
So much appreciate your responses. What is the longest wait time you have ever heard of... just wondering? Fingers crossed.
Old Dec 15th 2022, 7:44 pm
Forum Regular

I think one person on this thread a year back took 8.5 months. But o haven’t seen many more taking more than 8 months to be honest.
Old Dec 15th 2022, 7:53 pm
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

My decades of legal experience included examination files of USCIS (or former INS). Approved applications had an “approved” stamp thereon with a notation of date of action. Nothing more. In contrast, here is the regulation governing denials.
Old Dec 15th 2022, 8:01 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by S Folinsky
My decades of legal experience included examination files of USCIS (or former INS). Approved applications had an “approved” stamp thereon with a notation of date of action. Nothing more. In contrast, here is the regulation governing denials.
sorry I don’t understand what you mean
Old Dec 15th 2022, 8:48 pm
Sys
Just Joined

Sys is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
Sorry if I have missed your initial info. When was your London interview... and looks like is your first waiver as well?
Ot isy second waiver interview was on 21 September and email was revieved last Monday sent passort Tue amd can see the DX tracking saying Passport deli ered to embassy last Wed now waiting for email informing of passport sent hopefully will hear soon not sure how long it takes to get passport back currently.
I do hope and wish that anyone waiting to hear back soon.
Old Dec 22nd 2022, 8:37 am
Sys
Just Joined

Sys is an unknown quantity at this point

Just a update on timeline, jut got my passport back with 5 years visa on it (second waiver) Interview third week of Sept so all in all 3 months for the complete process from the time of interview.
Wish that everyone waiting to hear do get the news soon.
Old Dec 22nd 2022, 9:37 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Sys
Just a update on timeline, jut got my passport back with 5 years visa on it (second waiver) Interview third week of Sept so all in all 3 months for the complete process from the time of interview.
Wish that everyone waiting to hear do get the news soon.
Congratulations! That's great news for you and really not bad at all 3 months.
I am still waiting already more than 7 months... really feel like one of the unlucky ones.
Old Dec 23rd 2022, 4:42 am
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

sorry I don’t understand what you mean
Approvals are handled differently than denials. There appears to be a subspecies of non-approvals — non-action.
Old Dec 28th 2022, 3:06 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by S Folinsky
Approvals are handled differently than denials. There appears to be a subspecies of non-approvals — non-action.
Sorry, do you suggest that somehow... no action and long waiting time more likely to result in denial..?
Also do you think there is significant difference between handling waivers related to criminal and those to immigration rules violation background? Seems like everyone on this thread discussing criminal issues in the past.
Just thoughts...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.