Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Old Dec 8th 2017, 1:42 pm
Just Joined

Lukebeth is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Originally Posted by Lukebeth
Hoping mine will be quick as I have had two 10 year visas in the past. Thanks for that they may be getting quicker. Was that the London office because I know Belfast is much quicker. Thanks again for replying
Hi. Thanks everyone for your help. For anyone who is waiting I went for my interview the 25th September and just got email back today asking me for my passport 10 weeks and 4 days. Good luck anyone else waiting and wishing you all a happy new year
Old Dec 28th 2017, 8:48 am
Just Joined

Cah81 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, did you go to London for the interview?
My husband had his interview on the 17th October and we have a holiday booked for 5th February. (We had no idea we would need a visa when we booked the holiday!)
I am in panic mode now as obviously we have 40 days left till we fly and we haven't heard a thing. I have emailed the embassy but they weren't very helpful, and can't give us any idea of time frame.
The fact the embassy is moving offices on January too is worrying, will everything slow down? Or they just put things on hold for a few weeks.
Old Dec 28th 2017, 9:11 am
Just Joined

Lukebeth is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi. Yes we did go to London. I had the interview on the 25th September. It was 10 weeks 5 days then we got email asking for passport to be sent back. I sent it on the Friday it was received on the Monday. The office was shut the Friday and Monday due to them moving we were told and got it back on the Thursday. It was 12 in total. Hope you get it in time.
Old Dec 28th 2017, 3:50 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Lukebeth
Hi. Yes we did go to London. I had the interview on the 25th September. It was 10 weeks 5 days then we got email asking for passport to be sent back. I sent it on the Friday it was received on the Monday. The office was shut the Friday and Monday due to them moving we were told and got it back on the Thursday. It was 12 in total. Hope you get it in time.
Thank you, keeping all fingers and toes crossed 🍀
Old Dec 29th 2017, 3:17 pm
Forum Regular

GinGino has a spectacular aura aboutGinGino has a spectacular aura aboutGinGino has a spectacular aura about

Hi not been on here for a few years now but just for the purposes of letting people know how things have progressed (if anyone is interested) my husband has had a one year, multiple entries visa, next time he received a two year multiple entries waiver and this time he has received a five year waiver. I believe the five year one is the maximum offered. This wait has been the shortest from interview to email at about 11 weeks. Good luck everyone. Hope everyone is successful.
Old Dec 29th 2017, 3:31 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by GinGino
Hi not been on here for a few years now but just for the purposes of letting people know how things have progressed (if anyone is interested) my husband has had a one year, multiple entries visa, next time he received a two year multiple entries waiver and this time he has received a five year waiver. I believe the five year one is the maximum offered. This wait has been the shortest from interview to email at about 11 weeks. Good luck everyone. Hope everyone is successful.
That's excellent news!
Can you tell me when the interview was and email received? Is this very recent?
Thank you
Old Jan 1st 2018, 3:33 pm
Just Joined

Mel20 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi sorry if this is the wrong place to ask. My husband needs to go fir his medical soon in London and I'm wondering if anyone else has had theirs before and if so how long after medical did they get a response in regards as to wether a visa was granted, TIA
Old Jan 3rd 2018, 4:16 pm
Forum Regular

GinGino has a spectacular aura aboutGinGino has a spectacular aura aboutGinGino has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Cah81
That's excellent news!
Can you tell me when the interview was and email received? Is this very recent?
Thank you
Hi yes his interview was 22/09/17 and got email before Christmas. Passport was back end of last week. We have waited 26 weeks previously to get the email so not bad at all.
Old Jan 7th 2018, 9:12 am
Just Joined

swordfish78 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there

has anyone had any problems booking appointment online

for last couple weeks only shows spaces in belfast as london must be full all year as what the website show

help
Old Jan 8th 2018, 4:42 am
Account Closed

materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by swordfish78
Hi there

has anyone had any problems booking appointment online

for last couple weeks only shows spaces in belfast as london must be full all year as what the website show

help
The London embassy is currently relocating to a new building. Just apply for an interview in Belfast if you need it urgently.
Old Jan 10th 2018, 11:29 am
Just Joined

I now have my 1st interview end of this month

i have read through the pages on here am i correct in taking only my passport the d160 and my acro report ... do i need to take anything else
Old Jan 11th 2018, 9:58 pm
Account Closed

materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute

I now have my 1st interview end of this month

i have read through the pages on here am i correct in taking only my passport the d160 and my acro report ... do i need to take anything else
That is likely to be all that they will ask to see. However, if you want to take more documentation along as insurance, in case you are allowed to present it at the interview, then feel free to do so.

It would be better to take it and not get to show it than to be offered the chance to submit it and not have it with you.
Old Jan 16th 2018, 3:34 pm
Just Joined

Can some one help

i have a appointment now and since i ordered acro i have a new passport number but my old passport number was printed on the acro

will this matter
Old Jan 17th 2018, 11:11 am
Account Closed

Can some one help

i have a appointment now and since i ordered acro i have a new passport number but my old passport number was printed on the acro

will this matter
No idea.

The way I see it, your only options right now are to either try and get another police certificate with the updated passport details or you submit what you have now and take both the old and new passports to the interview and hope you are given the chance to explain the discrepancy.

Good luck.
Old Jan 31st 2018, 7:00 pm
Just Joined

Jimbo42 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, After advice please if anyone has had similar...
I had a small colourful past so had to put everything in application, acro and attend the interview and be totally honest. Nothing too sinister and they said they have recommended me for a waiver but it has to go to Homeland security as they have the final say. It would take 6 months and likely to be OK but couldn't be 100%. This was end on November and wondered if anyone had done the same, whether they were accepted/refused and how long it took please??
Thanks in advance for any welcome words

Jimbo

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.