Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Old Apr 9th 2018, 11:20 pm
  #3856  
Account Closed
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Location: UK
Posts: 4,891
materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Originally Posted by karenkaren1
I suppose these status updates are a myth also?https://uk.usembassy.gov/wp-content/...9march2018.pdf

Movida, be careful of the 'advice' you get on here. I am actually IN the process now. those appointment times are not accurate, When you are at the stage of booking the appointment, you can choose which of the 2 embassy/consulate then. You also have the option going back in a seeing if there is a possible sooner cancellation and changing your mind.
Wishing u all the best
In case you hadn't realised, just about everyone else on this thread is also "IN" the process and the timescales reported by those that have received waivers of ineligibility are a much more accurate indication of the current state of play than any of the generic and outdated consulate information you have posted here and in movida's other thread.

The London consulate have always given six months as a guideline for processing times. In reality, apart from a couple of years ago, it has never taken that long to adjudicate the majority of applications.
materialcontroller is offline  
Old Apr 9th 2018, 11:23 pm
  #3857  
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: Sep 2017
Location: Miami
Posts: 466
karenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Originally Posted by materialcontroller
In case you hadn't realised, just about everyone else on this thread is also "IN" the process and the timescales reported by those that have received waivers of ineligibility are a much more accurate indication of the current state of play than any of the generic and outdated consulate information you have posted here and in movida's other thread.

The London consulate have always given six months as a guideline for processing times. In reality, apart from a couple of years ago, it has never taken that long to adjudicate the majority of applications.
and so which part of my actual advice are you disagreeing with? (the status of waivers given in2018 so far on the link I posted actually be couldn't be more current) .

Last edited by karenkaren1; Apr 9th 2018 at 11:26 pm.
karenkaren1 is offline  
Old Apr 9th 2018, 11:27 pm
  #3858  
Account Closed
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Location: UK
Posts: 4,891
materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Originally Posted by karenkaren1
and so which part of my actual advice are you disagreeing with?
I'm taking issue with you telling people that Belfast is a better option than London and implying that the advice given on this forum isn't trustworthy.

Your husband had one experience in Belfast. What worked for him may or may not work for anyone else.
materialcontroller is offline  
Old Apr 9th 2018, 11:29 pm
  #3859  
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: Sep 2017
Location: Miami
Posts: 466
karenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Originally Posted by materialcontroller
I'm taking issue with you telling people that Belfast is a better option than London and implying that the advice given on this forum isn't trustworthy.

Your husband had one experience in Belfast. What worked for him may or may not work for anyone else.
I beg to differ as I think this speaks for itself. https://uk.usembassy.gov/wp-content/...9march2018.pdf

I am sure the poster has been given enough information now to make his decision. good day
karenkaren1 is offline  
Old Apr 10th 2018, 2:48 am
  #3860  
Concierge
 
mikelincs's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2006
Location: ex ex-pat, in Taunton
Posts: 27,386
mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Originally Posted by karenkaren1
I beg to differ as I think this speaks for itself. https://uk.usembassy.gov/wp-content/...9march2018.pdf

I am sure the poster has been given enough information now to make his decision. good day
The problem is that the info on the US embassy website may well not be current or correct, and, in any case, the people there have official permission to lie about timings etc.
mikelincs is offline  
Old Apr 10th 2018, 4:12 am
  #3861  
Concierge
 
Rete's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 46,469
Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Originally Posted by karenkaren1
I beg to differ as I think this speaks for itself. https://uk.usembassy.gov/wp-content/...9march2018.pdf

I am sure the poster has been given enough information now to make his decision. good day
Karenkaren1, it is not that people do not believe you. It is that like others have said and Mikelincs confirmed, there is no site for either a US Consulate or the USCIS that is now, or ever has been, known to give accurate and correct timelines.

While one might be able to get an appointment quicker at Belfast, it doesn't mean that the waiver will be approved any quicker if the approval needs to come from the Washington, DC office of Homeland Security.

Also one should see if an appointment can be changed to an earlier one if there is a cancellation of someone else's appointment. Log onto the scheduling site daily and see if there is an earlier date that magically appears. It could be that they have released more time slots for an early date because the immigration section officers aren't as busy or someone has cancelled.

You chose Belfast for your husband and that's great because it works for you as he is in urgent need of approval due to his acceptance of a work visa offer from his current employer. Others who are just looking for a B2 travel visa do not have your husband's same sense of urgency.

Please do not take posts that disagree with you as a personal affront. It was never meant in that spirit. Just as you might not have meant to say "Movida, be careful of the 'advice' you get on here." to mean that the advice given by experienced posters is wrong, inaccurate or harmful. Why do I think that? Because if you distrusted any advice that you have received in the past here, then you would not be participating and would be allowing the company's immigration attorney to handle your family's visas as they are retained to do.

So shall we have peace.
Rete is offline  
Old Apr 10th 2018, 4:20 am
  #3862  
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: Sep 2017
Location: Miami
Posts: 466
karenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Originally Posted by Rete
Karenkaren1, it is not that people do not believe you. It is that like others have said and Mikelincs confirmed, there is no site for either a US Consulate or the USCIS that is now, or ever has been, known to give accurate and correct timelines.

While one might be able to get an appointment quicker at Belfast, it doesn't mean that the waiver will be approved any quicker if the approval needs to come from the Washington, DC office of Homeland Security.

Also one should see if an appointment can be changed to an earlier one if there is a cancellation of someone else's appointment. Log onto the scheduling site daily and see if there is an earlier date that magically appears. It could be that they have released more time slots for an early date because the immigration section officers aren't as busy or someone has cancelled.

You chose Belfast for your husband and that's great because it works for you as he is in urgent need of approval due to his acceptance of a work visa offer from his current employer. Others who are just looking for a B2 travel visa do not have your husband's same sense of urgency.

Please do not take posts that disagree with you as a personal affront. It was never meant in that spirit. Just as you might not have meant to say "Movida, be careful of the 'advice' you get on here." to mean that the advice given by experienced posters is wrong, inaccurate or harmful. Why do I think that? Because if you distrusted any advice that you have received in the past here, then you would not be participating and would be allowing the company's immigration attorney to handle your family's visas as they are retained to do.

So shall we have peace.
I think the general advice is invaluable, I meant that very often there is conflicting advice so not to take 'everything' as gospel. We are on the same page and I completely agree with what you have just written re checking for cancellations ....I previously made the exact same point as you just have.
karenkaren1 is offline  
Old Apr 10th 2018, 8:54 am
  #3863  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 56
movida is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

I have applied and printed out the form online. Having now attempted to book an appointment I simply do not receive the verification email despite trying several addresses. Has this happened to anyone else? Without it I cannot proceed to pay for and book the appointment.
movida is offline  
Old Apr 10th 2018, 9:16 am
  #3864  
Account Closed
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Location: UK
Posts: 4,891
materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Originally Posted by movida
I have applied and printed out the form online. Having now attempted to book an appointment I simply do not receive the verification email despite trying several addresses. Has this happened to anyone else? Without it I cannot proceed to pay for and book the appointment.
Have you checked your spam folders? Occasionally, emails from the consulate have been known to be caught in the spam filters employed by various email providers.

Alternatively, there may simply be a glitch and you could have better luck trying again tomorrow. As a last resort only, you could contact the helpline if still having difficulty (but don't expect them to be too helpful).
materialcontroller is offline  
Old Apr 10th 2018, 10:45 am
  #3865  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 56
movida is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Thanks, the emails were just very delayed. I'd inadvertently registered about 5 times and now paid for an appointment using a less than ideal email. My main email still needed verifying, can I contact them to delete the other registrations so that I can switch my email address over in the account with the appointment against it?

I thought a London appointment was 7-10 days and Belfast was a bit more, it showed the next London appointment on 30th May and I could only get 16th May earliest for Belfast so I went for that. This seems insanely long, is it because I selected yes to criminal conviction on the appointment booking page?
movida is offline  
Old Apr 10th 2018, 10:54 am
  #3866  
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: Sep 2017
Location: Miami
Posts: 466
karenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Originally Posted by movida

I thought a London appointment was 7-10 days and Belfast was a bit more, it showed the next London appointment on 30th May and I could only get 16th May earliest for Belfast so I went for that. This seems insanely long, is it because I selected yes to criminal conviction on the appointment booking page?
Yes!! we had the exact same, those times mean absolutely nothing until you get to the booking section.
karenkaren1 is offline  
Old Apr 10th 2018, 11:15 am
  #3867  
Account Closed
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Location: UK
Posts: 4,891
materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

If you are in a hurry to go to interview, you can always keep checking back to see if there have been cancellations or earlier appointments that free up.
materialcontroller is offline  
Old Apr 15th 2018, 12:00 am
  #3868  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 56
movida is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Any idea how long I should expect to be in the Belfast embassy for so I can plan my travel? I'm envisaging it's not as big/busy as London?
movida is offline  
Old Apr 17th 2018, 9:16 pm
  #3869  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Apr 2018
Posts: 2
Mollyleo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Hi All

After visiting the London embassy for the second time my partner has been recommended for visa waiver. We didn’t understand this fully until reading this thread. The information on here has been informative and uplifting after thinking this was never going to happen we are both extatic. Just one quick question if anyone could help. My partners passport runs out in November and as we have a holiday in June it needs to be renewed however I saw a post that said after renewal their passport number changed. I’m worried that this may happen and could affect the visa once receiving the email to send the passport off. Hope this post makes sense. I have a newborn baby and the lack of sleep is affecting my brain functioning
Mollyleo is offline  
Old Apr 17th 2018, 9:59 pm
  #3870  
Account Closed
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Location: UK
Posts: 4,891
materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Originally Posted by Mollyleo
Hi All

After visiting the London embassy for the second time my partner has been recommended for visa waiver. We didn’t understand this fully until reading this thread. The information on here has been informative and uplifting after thinking this was never going to happen we are both extatic. Just one quick question if anyone could help. My partners passport runs out in November and as we have a holiday in June it needs to be renewed however I saw a post that said after renewal their passport number changed. I’m worried that this may happen and could affect the visa once receiving the email to send the passport off. Hope this post makes sense. I have a newborn baby and the lack of sleep is affecting my brain functioning
You shouldn't renew the passport until AFTER you receive the US visa.
materialcontroller is offline  

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.