Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Old Nov 18th 2022, 8:03 pm
Forum Regular

LegalEagleTX has a reputation beyond reputeLegalEagleTX has a reputation beyond reputeLegalEagleTX has a reputation beyond reputeLegalEagleTX has a reputation beyond reputeLegalEagleTX has a reputation beyond reputeLegalEagleTX has a reputation beyond reputeLegalEagleTX has a reputation beyond reputeLegalEagleTX has a reputation beyond reputeLegalEagleTX has a reputation beyond reputeLegalEagleTX has a reputation beyond reputeLegalEagleTX has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Originally Posted by Turbowoowoo
The US do not have access to UK Criminal Records.
They almost certainly do have access, just not formally. There was a huge leak of 13 million UK criminal records a year or so ago by Russian hackers. So even if the U.S. hasn't accessed the data directly, they would have hovered up the data from this leak, just like all the other data that finds its way on the internet. That's not to say the U.S. is using that data for immigration purposes, but it would be naive to think the U.S. doesn't have a lot of it in their system somewhere.
Old Nov 19th 2022, 8:14 pm
Just Joined

Kimmyhas is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello Everyone,
I am an American living in Canada because my Irish husband was denied a green card for smoking hash in 2000. He was denied a green card in 2012 and is awaiting his 2n waiver. We applied at the Toronto embassy, the officer told him he will recommend a visa but he needed to submit a Canadian police cert which he submitted 2 weeks after his August 25 interview (no record). We have heard absolutely nothing since. So it looks like I’m driving to the states alone for Thanksgiving and our American children also won’t have their father there. Is this looking bad? Should we take this as he’s denied?

Last edited by Kimmyhas; Nov 19th 2022 at 8:16 pm.
Old Nov 30th 2022, 8:08 am
Sys
Just Joined

Sys is an unknown quantity at this point

Very quiet on this thread regarding approvals, waiting since Sept when I had my interview for my second waiver anyone had any updates on recent approvals please.
Old Nov 30th 2022, 2:35 pm
Forum Regular

Jr1993 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey everyone. I’ll soon be applying for a new visa, was approved for b2 in may but only for a year so need to renew early next year at some point. To anyone that’s had their review approved recently, when was your interview and how long were you waiting for waiver review?

re length of visa issued, are first waivers generally granted for a year, with subsequent ones granted for longer ? I’ve seen a fair few on here granted 5 years for their second visa. Hoping to be approved for the same. Did any of you mention how long you’d like the visa for in the interview ? Thanks !
Old Dec 2nd 2022, 1:08 am
Just Joined

Mattyg87 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Sys
Very quiet on this thread regarding approvals, waiting since Sept when I had my interview for my second waiver anyone had any updates on recent approvals please.
Just received my passport back with my 2nd waiver. 5 years. Also had my interview on September 12th and got the notification to send my passport 2 weeks ago. Hopefully you hear back soon!
Old Dec 2nd 2022, 7:24 am
Sys
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Mattyg87
Just received my passport back with my 2nd waiver. 5 years. Also had my interview on September 12th and got the notification to send my passport 2 weeks ago. Hopefully you hear back soon!
great news, thanks for the update hopefully hear back soon.
Old Dec 2nd 2022, 6:56 pm
Forum Regular

EmmaN is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone

Just need a bit of guidance please......

email received to submit passport 17th November and sent to London via DX on the 18th November.

Now 2 weeks on, no passport, DX tracking number not recognused, emails from DX not answered.

Have managed to log onto the embassy website today and it says 'Courier - In shipping number ...........'

Does that mean that it hasnt even got to the embassy yet? Or it is on its way back? I cant seem to get hold of anyone and cannot believe it has been 2 weeks and isnt even there yet?

Can anyone help?

Thanks
Old Dec 2nd 2022, 7:02 pm
Sys
Just Joined

Originally Posted by EmmaN
Hi everyone

Just need a bit of guidance please......

email received to submit passport 17th November and sent to London via DX on the 18th November.

Now 2 weeks on, no passport, DX tracking number not recognused, emails from DX not answered.

Have managed to log onto the embassy website today and it says 'Courier - In shipping number ...........'

Does that mean that it hasnt even got to the embassy yet? Or it is on its way back? I cant seem to get hold of anyone and cannot believe it has been 2 weeks and isnt even there yet?

Can anyone help?

Thanks
Hopefully someone with knowledge will reply soon, and you get your passport back. If you dont mind when did you go for your interview please at the embassay.
Old Dec 2nd 2022, 7:09 pm
Forum Regular

EmmaN is an unknown quantity at this point

Interview was the 10th August, email was the 16th November
Old Dec 2nd 2022, 7:10 pm
Sys
Just Joined

Originally Posted by EmmaN
Interview was the 10th August, email was the 16th November

Thanks.
Old Dec 3rd 2022, 9:09 pm
Forum Regular

Rvee15 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Sys

im still waiting to hear for my partner who interviewed June 6th 😖😖
Old Dec 5th 2022, 1:19 pm
Sys
Just Joined

A quick update and some advise as well please, I have just had an email to send my passport for visa issue I did pay for home delivery and the email states I can use the designated DX group locations but the nearest is about 50 miles away can I use RM special delivery instead to send passport to the embassy and if so what address should I use to send this.
Old Dec 8th 2022, 9:13 am
Just Joined

Turbowoowoo is an unknown quantity at this point

There is no LEGAL agreement to share criminal records between US and UK automatically at borders unless under certain conditions. Ie sex register, no fly lists, terrorism etc. the request has to be formally made by the US HS to request criminal records from the UK.

its irrelevant what is available via illegal channels
Old Dec 10th 2022, 1:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

shiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Turbowoowoo
There is no LEGAL agreement to share criminal records between US and UK automatically at borders unless under certain conditions. Ie sex register, no fly lists, terrorism etc. the request has to be formally made by the US HS to request criminal records from the UK.

its irrelevant what is available via illegal channels
Agreed, and it has to go via interpol.

However - I think you can (and should) assume access prior to a visa application. Many people forget decisions can be and are made with impunity - there is no legal right or entitlement to a visa, and no consequences for the person wishing to deny you if they do. This also means they can use whatever information they want to make that decision as there isn't really any oversight from the applicants perspective.
Old Dec 10th 2022, 4:22 pm
Just Joined

Turbowoowoo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by LegalEagleTX
They almost certainly do have access, just not formally. There was a huge leak of 13 million UK criminal records a year or so ago by Russian hackers. So even if the U.S. hasn't accessed the data directly, they would have hovered up the data from this leak, just like all the other data that finds its way on the internet. That's not to say the U.S. is using that data for immigration purposes, but it would be naive to think the U.S. doesn't have a lot of it in their system somewhere.
Originally Posted by shiversaint
Agreed, and it has to go via interpol.

However - I think you can (and should) assume access prior to a visa application. Many people forget decisions can be and are made with impunity - there is no legal right or entitlement to a visa, and no consequences for the person wishing to deny you if they do. This also means they can use whatever information they want to make that decision as there isn't really any oversight from the applicants perspective.

100% this

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.