Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Old Dec 7th 2018, 8:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

shiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Originally Posted by bazza209
Hi, sorry if this has been answered else where. How long should i wait before applying for a visa/waiver? Caution for possesion/attempted class A cocaine in March this year(2018).
Ps been reassured greatly by the info on this tread.

Thanks
2021 at the earliest in my opinion, and I wouldn't be wholly confident. There isn't a whole lot of information on timelines as most people end up here with a pretty decent time stretch between their convictions and visa applications.

I was at 8 years when I applied for mine, with no issues. I suspect if I had gone in at 5 years it probably would have been okay too.

I've read 10 years many times as the "no problem at all" sort of mark.
Old Dec 9th 2018, 12:30 am
Just Joined

bazza209 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by shiversaint
2021 at the earliest in my opinion, and I wouldn't be wholly confident. There isn't a whole lot of information on timelines as most people end up here with a pretty decent time stretch between their convictions and visa applications.

I was at 8 years when I applied for mine, with no issues. I suspect if I had gone in at 5 years it probably would have been okay too.

I've read 10 years many times as the "no problem at all" sort of mark.

Thanks, that’s what I was expecting but hope for better news. Oh well hopefully the next 5 years go quick!!
Old Dec 12th 2018, 1:24 am
Just Joined

Jaime76 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there, I'm from Australia but I couldn't find much information on any Australian sites and I'm hoping someone might have the answer to this. My husband had his interview in July. When we rang to find out what to bring, we were told a National Police Check was fine but of course it turned out that they wanted a Federal one. So, it was the 2nd week of September before we got that and sent it back to the US Embassy in Sydney.

My question is, would his processing time have started from his appointment in July or would they have waited until the police check came to send if off for processing making his start time September? When we log on it says Refused with his initial appointment date but we have no idea when it would have actually been sent for processing. This whole thing is so frustrating. Especially since the last time he was granted a waiver it took about 6 weeks.
Old Dec 12th 2018, 1:44 am
BE Enthusiast

shiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jaime76
Hi there, I'm from Australia but I couldn't find much information on any Australian sites and I'm hoping someone might have the answer to this. My husband had his interview in July. When we rang to find out what to bring, we were told a National Police Check was fine but of course it turned out that they wanted a Federal one. So, it was the 2nd week of September before we got that and sent it back to the US Embassy in Sydney.

My question is, would his processing time have started from his appointment in July or would they have waited until the police check came to send if off for processing making his start time September? When we log on it says Refused with his initial appointment date but we have no idea when it would have actually been sent for processing. This whole thing is so frustrating. Especially since the last time he was granted a waiver it took about 6 weeks.
Almost certainly when the Consulate received the full set of documents they needed, rather than the initial appointment date. Did you get confirmation that he was recommended for a waiver? They are normally pretty good about being explicit on that front. If so, the date you got that is when I would work from.
Old Dec 12th 2018, 1:54 am
Just Joined

Almost certainly when the Consulate received the full set of documents they needed, rather than the initial appointment date. Did you get confirmation that he was recommended for a waiver? They are normally pretty good about being explicit on that front. If so, the date you got that is when I would work from.
Thanks...that's what I was thinking but it's so hard to get any real information.
The officer gave my husband the form saying he was recommending him for the waiver at his initial appointment. On the form it had 3 things checked that he needed to return. The police check, his passport and a cheque for the Visa issuance fee. A week after we returned everything he got his passport and the cheque back saying we can keep them until requested. I'm not sure why they bothered having him send them in the first place then.
Old Dec 12th 2018, 6:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks...that's what I was thinking but it's so hard to get any real information.
The officer gave my husband the form saying he was recommending him for the waiver at his initial appointment. On the form it had 3 things checked that he needed to return. The police check, his passport and a cheque for the Visa issuance fee. A week after we returned everything he got his passport and the cheque back saying we can keep them until requested. I'm not sure why they bothered having him send them in the first place then.
Yeah I can see what you mean given he was already told he was being recommended. To be honest, with waivers, it's always best to work on a worst case scenario basis. Last year's wait times are case in point, some were taking nearly 8 months.
Old Dec 13th 2018, 1:50 am
Just Joined

Yeah I can see what you mean given he was already told he was being recommended. To be honest, with waivers, it's always best to work on a worst case scenario basis. Last year's wait times are case in point, some were taking nearly 8 months.
Holy crap!!! In an unexpected turn, he got the email today that it's been approved! I can't believe it. I've literally been just talking to my friends about it today and yesterday as well as posting on here. We must have had a major run of cosmic good luck đŸ˜€
Old Dec 13th 2018, 2:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Holy crap!!! In an unexpected turn, he got the email today that it's been approved! I can't believe it. I've literally been just talking to my friends about it today and yesterday as well as posting on here. We must have had a major run of cosmic good luck đŸ˜€
Interesting, sounds a lot like the recommendation was sent off in advance then. Congratulations!
Old Jan 3rd 2019, 11:25 am
Just Joined

floridadream is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, has anyone recently received their visa through the London embassy after being recommended for a waiver of ineligibility? If so could you please advise of the timescales. Belfast seem to be ahead of their predicted times, I would love to know of it's the same for London.

thanks in advance
Old Jan 3rd 2019, 12:01 pm
Account Closed

materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by floridadream
Hi, has anyone recently received their visa through the London embassy after being recommended for a waiver of ineligibility? If so could you please advise of the timescales. Belfast seem to be ahead of their predicted times, I would love to know of it's the same for London.

thanks in advance
This information is unlikely to be of much use to you, as every case is judged on it's own individual merits and some will be taking considerably longer to adjudicate than others.
Old Jan 4th 2019, 11:09 pm
Sys
Just Joined

Sys is an unknown quantity at this point

I went for interview in London and was told that will be put forward to homeland security for visa waiver and was given a piece of paper detailing the clause there was no reference no on it only date was put on the letter just checked on the Cesc website and the status is showing refused can please someone throw some light as to weather my file was sent for review even tough it is saying refused on the site when o check it
Old Jan 5th 2019, 12:05 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Sys

I went for interview in London and was told that will be put forward to homeland security for visa waiver and was given a piece of paper detailing the clause there was no reference no on it only date was put on the letter just checked on the Cesc website and the status is showing refused can please someone throw some light as to weather my file was sent for review even tough it is saying refused on the site when o check it
What happened to you is correct. You do not receive an additional reference number beyond what you already have. If you have been told that you are being recommended for a waiver, and were given the form detailing why you have been refused and that you're being recommended, then that is the case. The next thing that will happen is you'll receive an email asking for you to send in your passport once the waiver has been granted and they are ready to issue you a visa. Until that time, CEAC will show your visa as refused, as that is true, it has been refused. CEAC is often slow to be updated and gives very little information. Do not bother checking it every day as it likely won't show anything new until you have sent your passport in.

That email is likely to arrive in around 5-6 months time. Keep an eye on your email address that you gave the Consulate when you signed up to complete your DS-160, that is the address it'll be sent to.
Old Jan 5th 2019, 9:56 am
Sys
Just Joined

Sys is an unknown quantity at this point

Many thanks for your prompt and detailed reply just was confused as read the whole thread and there have been references to ref no on the waiver form that people had and was used to check the backlog the waivers.
Old Jan 11th 2019, 10:21 am
Just Joined

laxkay is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all, new to this thread. Has anybody heard back from their visa app re a waiver of ineligibility that was interviewed early Nov 2018 in London? My husband was interviewed on Nov 1st and we're still waiting to hear something back!
Old Jan 11th 2019, 10:54 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by laxkay
Hi all, new to this thread. Has anybody heard back from their visa app re a waiver of ineligibility that was interviewed early Nov 2018 in London? My husband was interviewed on Nov 1st and we're still waiting to hear something back!
If you search this thread you'll find lots of timescales, I think about 5 months is the norm so you've got a way to go yet. No need to worry at all.

HTH and welcome to BE.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.