Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Old Feb 15th 2019, 3:52 am
  #4051  
Account Closed
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Location: UK
Posts: 4,891
materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Originally Posted by laxkay
So my husband got an email to say his passport needs to be sent off but it doesnt say whether he's been granted the VISA. It just says: Please submit passport for visa processing. Please note that you have 30 days from today in which to resubmit your passport. You are NOT required to submit any other additional documents.

Does this mean he has been issued the visa?
Yes, it means they want his passport to be able to put the visa inside it.
materialcontroller is offline  
Old Feb 15th 2019, 8:05 am
  #4052  
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: Sep 2017
Location: Miami
Posts: 463
karenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Originally Posted by laxkay
So my husband got an email to say his passport needs to be sent off but it doesnt say whether he's been granted the VISA. It just says: Please submit passport for visa processing. Please note that you have 30 days from today in which to resubmit your passport. You are NOT required to submit any other additional documents.

Does this mean he has been issued the visa?
visa processing means processing his visa
karenkaren1 is offline  
Old Feb 18th 2019, 3:22 am
  #4053  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Jan 2019
Posts: 17
laxkay is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Okay, so just to keep you all updated - My husband went for his appointment on the 1st Nov 2018 and was recommended a waiver. He then received an email that stated to send his passport for "visa processing" on the 15th Feb 2019 so thats 15 weeks and 1 day. We've sent off his passport (on Sat) so will keep you posted on when its returned.

Fingers crossed for those of you that are waiting and are in sticky positions!
laxkay is offline  
Old Feb 18th 2019, 6:00 am
  #4054  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Nov 2018
Posts: 6
Yoby is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Originally Posted by laxkay
Okay, so just to keep you all updated - My husband went for his appointment on the 1st Nov 2018 and was recommended a waiver. He then received an email that stated to send his passport for "visa processing" on the 15th Feb 2019 so thats 15 weeks and 1 day. We've sent off his passport (on Sat) so will keep you posted on when its returned.

Fingers crossed for those of you that are waiting and are in sticky positions!
Hi Laxkay,

How long was your husband quoted it would take for it to be done?

thanks
Yoby is offline  
Old Feb 18th 2019, 6:11 am
  #4055  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Jan 2019
Posts: 17
laxkay is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Originally Posted by Yoby


Hi Laxkay,

How long was your husband quoted it would take for it to be done?

thanks
Hey, at the appointment, he was told 6-8 months but he emailed the general London address a couple of weeks back and they said 3-6 months.
laxkay is offline  
Old Feb 18th 2019, 6:15 am
  #4056  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Nov 2018
Posts: 6
Yoby is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Originally Posted by laxkay
Hey, at the appointment, he was told 6-8 months but he emailed the general London address a couple of weeks back and they said 3-6 months.
I had my meeting on the 13th of November, and was told 5 months. So fingers crossed mine comes in the next couple of weeks.

Honeymoon is in April so there’s still abit of time.

Thanks
Yoby is offline  
Old Feb 18th 2019, 6:59 am
  #4057  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Jan 2019
Posts: 17
laxkay is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Originally Posted by Yoby


I had my meeting on the 13th of November, and was told 5 months. So fingers crossed mine comes in the next couple of weeks.

Honeymoon is in April so there’s still abit of time.

Thanks
Oh yeah, I hope you hear from them soon. We have a holiday booked in June, but the final date to make any changes without any cancellation charges is March so hopefully his passport comes back in time! Congrats by the way.
laxkay is offline  
Old Feb 18th 2019, 8:28 am
  #4058  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Feb 2019
Posts: 7
hhg92 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

My family is taking a cruise from FL in April and my husband had to apply for a visa waiver because of possession of marijuana when he was 20y/o.
We didn't think it would be a problem receiving a ESTA/VISA so we were very "late" in the process and he was recommended for a waiver on December 10th only giving the boarder security exactly 4 months to answer which I now see is extremely unlikely..
Anyone who applied around end of November/beginning of December who has received an answer??


hhg92 is offline  
Old Feb 18th 2019, 8:37 am
  #4059  
Account Closed
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Location: UK
Posts: 4,891
materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Originally Posted by hhg92
My family is taking a cruise from FL in April and my husband had to apply for a visa waiver because of possession of marijuana when he was 20y/o.
We didn't think it would be a problem receiving a ESTA/VISA so we were very "late" in the process and he was recommended for a waiver on December 10th only giving the boarder security exactly 4 months to answer which I now see is extremely unlikely..
Anyone who applied around end of November/beginning of December who has received an answer??
The timing is very tight. In addition to the 4+ months waiting for the waiver decision, you also need to add on a further 1-2 weeks for the passport to be sent off and turned around with the visa inside.

If your cruise is in the latter part of April, it might just work out; but you should still be prepared for the possibility that he won't have his visa in time and will have to miss the trip.
materialcontroller is offline  
Old Feb 18th 2019, 8:38 am
  #4060  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Feb 2019
Posts: 7
hhg92 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Originally Posted by materialcontroller
The timing is very tight. In addition to the 4+ months waiting for the waiver decision, you also need to add on a further 1-2 weeks for the passport to be sent off and turned around with the visa inside.

If your cruise is in the latter part of April, it might just work out; but you should still be prepared for the possibility that he won't have his visa in time and will have to miss the trip.
is the passport sent to the USA or just to the USA embassy in my country?
hhg92 is offline  
Old Feb 18th 2019, 8:43 am
  #4061  
Account Closed
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Location: UK
Posts: 4,891
materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Originally Posted by hhg92


is the passport sent to the USA or just to the USA embassy in my country?
It is sent to your local US consulate in your country.
materialcontroller is offline  
Old Feb 18th 2019, 9:16 am
  #4062  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Feb 2019
Posts: 7
hhg92 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Originally Posted by materialcontroller
It is sent to your local US consulate in your country.
Ok I live in a very small country hopefully that will shorten the waiting time a little bit..
hhg92 is offline  
Old Feb 18th 2019, 11:03 pm
  #4063  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Feb 2019
Posts: 22
Thekopman is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Hi all

New to forum but was hoping for a bit of help. After being refused visa last Tuesday and having to cancel a family trip to New York this Saturday I am a bit in the dark regarding if there is anything I can do just to be sure the waiver application is going ahead and that I don’t need to do anything my end.

I was given the white piece of a4 with the “moral turpitude reason” ticked and this also says towards the bottom that I have been recommended for waiver. (the very abrupt and to the point officer also said she would recommend the full 5 year). This seems quite straight forward but there is no note of this on my account which simply still states “appointment” stage.

I am sure it’s fine and patience is now the key but people have mentioned an email that I can send just to ensure it’s in motion (I realise no progress report will ever be available).

Any help would be appreciated.
Thekopman is offline  
Old Feb 19th 2019, 4:40 am
  #4064  
Account Closed
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Location: UK
Posts: 4,891
materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Originally Posted by Thekopman
Hi all

New to forum but was hoping for a bit of help. After being refused visa last Tuesday and having to cancel a family trip to New York this Saturday I am a bit in the dark regarding if there is anything I can do just to be sure the waiver application is going ahead and that I don’t need to do anything my end.

I was given the white piece of a4 with the “moral turpitude reason” ticked and this also says towards the bottom that I have been recommended for waiver. (the very abrupt and to the point officer also said she would recommend the full 5 year). This seems quite straight forward but there is no note of this on my account which simply still states “appointment” stage.

I am sure it’s fine and patience is now the key but people have mentioned an email that I can send just to ensure it’s in motion (I realise no progress report will ever be available).

Any help would be appreciated.
I think you are worrying unnecessarily. It is perfectly normal for your case status to not be updated. Just be patient and let the process run its course. There is nothing more you can do now.
materialcontroller is offline  
Old Feb 19th 2019, 4:55 am
  #4065  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Feb 2019
Posts: 22
Thekopman is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Many thanks. So not having an update even to say the appointment was a refusal is normal?

Has anyone got an email address as I have seen a few people say they at least got an “in progress” reply.

This would set my mind at rest as seen some stories of bad administration and cases just sat there for many months.
Cheers
Thekopman is offline  

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.