Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Old Feb 19th 2019, 5:15 am
Just Joined

floridadream is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Hi, I have the email address for the london consulate ...
[email protected]

Old Feb 19th 2019, 6:46 am
Just Joined

Thekopman is an unknown quantity at this point

Many thanks. Will give that a go 👍
Old Feb 19th 2019, 6:34 pm
Just Joined

Jay1971 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi ya i recieved my update for my Waiver last Thursday. when I send my passport off if they stamp it does that start date of my waiver start from the day my status was updated to 'send documents' or from the actual day they receive my passport in the post
Old Feb 19th 2019, 9:20 pm
Account Closed

materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jay1971
Hi ya i recieved my update for my Waiver last Thursday. when I send my passport off if they stamp it does that start date of my waiver start from the day my status was updated to 'send documents' or from the actual day they receive my passport in the post
It usually begins from the date the consulate processes your visa and sticks it inside your passport.
Old Feb 19th 2019, 11:07 pm
Just Joined

Excellent, hanks for that I'm sending it Friday as I'm travelling to LA Feb 8th next year
Old Feb 21st 2019, 7:13 pm
Just Joined

DaveMB is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by laxkay
Okay, so just to keep you all updated - My husband went for his appointment on the 1st Nov 2018 and was recommended a waiver. He then received an email that stated to send his passport for "visa processing" on the 15th Feb 2019 so thats 15 weeks and 1 day. We've sent off his passport (on Sat) so will keep you posted on when its returned.

Fingers crossed for those of you that are waiting and are in sticky positions!
Hi,
I have also received my email to send my passport.
Did you just post your passport to the consulate for processing.

Thanks
Old Feb 21st 2019, 8:01 pm
Just Joined

Yoby is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by DaveMB
Hi,

Thanks
Hi Dave,

When was your appointment?

Thanks
Old Feb 21st 2019, 8:19 pm
Just Joined

laxkay is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by DaveMB
Hi,

Thanks
Hey, yeah we just sent his passport as the email stated not to send anything else and just the print off of the barcode that they provide. We're still 50/50 though as it could still come back declined. The email just said visa processing, not visa issuance which is what somebody else received earlier in the thread!
Old Feb 21st 2019, 8:54 pm
Just Joined

Yes I've, sent my passport yesterday for processing special delivery but paid the £120 for the courier to bring it back me
Old Feb 21st 2019, 9:16 pm
Account Closed

materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute

Hey, yeah we just sent his passport as the email stated not to send anything else and just the print off of the barcode that they provide. We're still 50/50 though as it could still come back declined. The email just said visa processing, not visa issuance which is what somebody else received earlier in the thread!
With all due respect, why do you think they would ask for you to send in your passport if they were going to deny your visa?
Old Feb 21st 2019, 9:59 pm
Just Joined

laxkay is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by materialcontroller
With all due respect, why do you think they would ask for you to send in your passport if they were going to deny your visa?
Honestly, to stamp it as denied? I've read that if a waiver is approved then you get a visa but I haven't read anything about a process if it's denied!
Old Feb 21st 2019, 11:21 pm
Just Joined

Are the wavers normally issued for a year!? With the visa
Old Feb 21st 2019, 11:27 pm
Just Joined

Also if I say get a 5 year waiver some people have done and my visas for a year or 2 ... What visa do I apply for when my 2 year visa expires ... Does my waiver allow me to apply for a ESTA ?
Old Feb 21st 2019, 11:44 pm
Account Closed

Honestly, to stamp it as denied? I've read that if a waiver is approved then you get a visa but I haven't read anything about a process if it's denied!
The process for denying a visa is they'll email you and tell you that it's been denied. That's it.
Old Feb 21st 2019, 11:53 pm
Account Closed

Are the wavers normally issued for a year!? With the visa

If your waiver is granted, the visa you receive will normally be valid for 5 years.

Originally Posted by Jay1971
Also if I say get a 5 year waiver some people have done and my visas for a year or 2 ... What visa do I apply for when my 2 year visa expires ... Does my waiver allow me to apply for a ESTA ?
In most cases, if you have an ineligibility that requires a waiver, you need that for the rest of your life. So it doesn't matter how long your visa is valid for, you will need to make a totally fresh new application to renew it eventually.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.