Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Old Oct 14th 2018, 5:49 pm
Just Joined

visa07 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Heard anything back yet?
Old Oct 14th 2018, 6:55 pm
Just Joined

CreakyHat is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by visa07
Heard anything back yet?
no still nothing. When was your case last updated?
Old Oct 14th 2018, 8:00 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Heard anything back yet?
Not sure who you’re asking - please do use the quote button so people know who you’re responding to, thanks.
Old Oct 15th 2018, 2:01 am
BE Enthusiast

shiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CreakyHat

no still nothing. When was your case last updated?
The status page is often wrong and doesn't ever give any useful information outside of telling you when the visa has been issued. It'll say Denied until that point. If I remember correctly, mine wasn't updated until after I got my passport back.
Old Oct 15th 2018, 5:03 pm
Just Joined

visa07 is an unknown quantity at this point

My case was last updated on 24th April as Refused. Is there a maximum wait time?
Old Oct 15th 2018, 5:25 pm
Just Joined

My case was last updated on 24th April as Refused. Is there a maximum wait time?
my interview was in may the status still says refused but dated in June. thou from memory I think I had see it update like that before.
Old Oct 15th 2018, 7:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

shiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond repute

Theoretically, probably not. The process doesn't really "time out" or have to meet an upper limit in terms of processing time.

Given you were April, you're probably going to be hearing in the next few weeks.
Old Oct 20th 2018, 11:22 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by shiversaint
Theoretically, probably not. The process doesn't really "time out" or have to meet an upper limit in terms of processing time.

Given you were April, you're probably going to be hearing in the next few weeks.
got email to send passport the other day. Interview was first week may.
Old Oct 20th 2018, 2:03 pm
Just Joined

Jay1971 is an unknown quantity at this point

I've kinda given in to the fact my holidays buggered in Feb so anything earlier that makes me go is a bonus, I've already spoken to BA and they were really helpful so kinda go a plan B
Old Oct 22nd 2018, 8:16 pm
Forum Regular

movida is an unknown quantity at this point

Having been granted my waiver and having my passport back in hand with the visa in it, it's a 5 year multiple entry. I have just booked a trip to New York. What can I expect when I arrive, and do I need to bring loads of paperwork relating to my conviction? Should I expect an interview or deep questioning, or should the visa and the waiver be enough and I should get through border control with relative ease?

Obviously after all this time, stress and expense I don't want to fall at the last hurdle and not bring some required paperwork or something...

Also, do I go to the normal queue and additionally, what do I fill in on the form on the plane? I think it asks about what I'm bringing into the country as well as convictions, so what do I tick here?
Old Oct 22nd 2018, 9:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by movida
Having been granted my waiver and having my passport back in hand with the visa in it, it's a 5 year multiple entry. I have just booked a trip to New York. What can I expect when I arrive, and do I need to bring loads of paperwork relating to my conviction? Should I expect an interview or deep questioning, or should the visa and the waiver be enough and I should get through border control with relative ease?

Obviously after all this time, stress and expense I don't want to fall at the last hurdle and not bring some required paperwork or something...

Also, do I go to the normal queue and additionally, what do I fill in on the form on the plane? I think it asks about what I'm bringing into the country as well as convictions, so what do I tick here?
You do not need to take any additional paperwork with you beyond your passport. Fill in your landing card like any other passenger.

You cannot go through the electronic ESTA machine - just goto the normal visa queue.

You will be taken aside for an interview in Secondary Inspection. You cannot use a phone or anything electronic (kindles may be okay but I wouldn't personally gamble it). Bring a book. Quickest it has been for me is 30 minutes or so, slowest it has been in secondary inspection is about 4.5 hours. Just depends how many people are in there and how long the line is and how complex the other cases are. Waivers are generally straightforward, they might ask you typical questions about why you are there, where you are staying etc. Same as always, just be honest, compliant, and don't start volunteering information unless asked. These are the guys that can turn you round home so it's not the place to get cocky or smart. Just treat everyone with respect, be patient, and you'll be fine.

It's a stress free experience as long as you just go with the flow and stay relaxed. Go in knowing you're going to be waiting for a long time, and you'll probably come out pleasantly surprised. You will get pulled aside to secondary inspection upon every entry into the USA, FYI. Permanently.
Old Oct 22nd 2018, 10:24 pm
Forum Regular

movida is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you, that’s really helpful.

On the landing card do I tick yes for convictions then? Even though I’ve already gone through the waiver process? From memory they ask about this on the card.

In the secondary interview will they routinely ask about the conviction and why I had to apply for the waiver? Do I need to bring up remorse for the crime etc and go through all that again?
Old Oct 22nd 2018, 11:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

The landing card doesn't ask about it.

They might ask you about it. I've only been asked what the crime was, and nothing more. So remorse etc doesn't tend to come up in my experience. But you know the drill if it does.
Old Oct 23rd 2018, 11:15 am
Just Joined

britexpat4456 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by shiversaint
You will be taken aside for an interview in Secondary Inspection. Bring a book. Quickest it has been for me is 30 minutes or so, slowest it has been in secondary inspection is about 4.5 hours. Just depends how many people are in there and how long the line is and how complex the other cases are.

It's a stress free experience as long as you just go with the flow and stay relaxed. Go in knowing you're going to be waiting for a long time, and you'll probably come out pleasantly surprised. You will get pulled aside to secondary inspection upon every entry into the USA, FYI. Permanently.
Interested to hear from other people around their experience/average time spent in secondary inspection. F.e. if anyone who travels regularly has noticed any differences between airports.

I've had one trip to the US on my visa waiver and spent around 2.5 hours at Las Vegas McCarran International airport. As mentioned, wasn't allowed access to my phone or any way to notify those I was traveling with. Once I was finally called, just some very basic questions and lasted around 5 minutes. Seems the main delay is the queue of people in front and how complex their cases are - it goes in order of arrival from what I could see.
Old Oct 23rd 2018, 12:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

karenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by britexpat4456
Interested to hear from other people around their experience/average time spent in secondary inspection. F.e. if anyone who travels regularly has noticed any differences between airports.

I've had one trip to the US on my visa waiver and spent around 2.5 hours at Las Vegas McCarran International airport. As mentioned, wasn't allowed access to my phone or any way to notify those I was traveling with. Once I was finally called, just some very basic questions and lasted around 5 minutes. Seems the main delay is the queue of people in front and how complex their cases are - it goes in order of arrival from what I could see.
My husband got taken to secondary inspection when we landed in Orlando for first time using L1. Me and the kids went ahead to claim luggage and 15 mins later were all heading out of the airport. Was really not a big deal at all for us.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.