Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Old Jul 15th 2018, 10:04 pm
Just Joined

mss3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Hi all,
Just a bit of extra data involving waiting times at different embassies. My husband has been issued a waiver twice so far:
-one tourist visa, issued after roughly 3 months at Belfast in 2016
-one J2, issued 2 months and 3 weeks after interview in London in March this year.
This was for a shorter project that I was working on in the US on a J1 visa.
Now we're waiting for our 3rd visa, again a J1/J2 for which we had the interview in the embassy in Frankfurt (Germany) at the end of April. I really hope I can post good news again soon, and that our 2-3 month waiting period trend continues. We have flights booked for the end of August that we (I for sure) need to catch, and I really do hope it works out again.
Old Jul 16th 2018, 7:29 pm
Just Joined

goomerang is an unknown quantity at this point

I had my interview at the London Embassy on 28th March and was recommended for a waiver. I haven't heard a peep since then. My CEAC status hasn't updated at all.

Just curious if anyone else recommended for a waiver around the same time has heard anything?
Old Jul 16th 2018, 9:07 pm
Account Closed

materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by goomerang
I had my interview at the London Embassy on 28th March and was recommended for a waiver. I haven't heard a peep since then. My CEAC status hasn't updated at all.

Just curious if anyone else recommended for a waiver around the same time has heard anything?
This timeframe sounds normal for cases in London.
Old Jul 17th 2018, 11:16 pm
Just Joined

Hey, we applied for a waiver in Germany a month later than you and also haven't heard back. In the recent past we got waivers back after 2-3 months but as you know that's no indication as to whether you will get yours anytime soon. I know it's super frustrating, especially if a lot of changes in your life are depending on this.

I'm slightly worried as they are probably very very busy with waivers just now due to the high volume of applicants who are going for summer holidays or starting school in the US in September. It really would be great if they continuously released data indicating processing times of individual cases, that way we'd be able to calculate the distribution and how this shifts throughout the year.

Good luck!
Old Jul 17th 2018, 11:27 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by mss3
Hey, we applied for a waiver in Germany a month later than you and also haven't heard back. In the recent past we got waivers back after 2-3 months but as you know that's no indication as to whether you will get yours anytime soon. I know it's super frustrating, especially if a lot of changes in your life are depending on this.

I'm slightly worried as they are probably very very busy with waivers just now due to the high volume of applicants who are going for summer holidays or starting school in the US in September. It really would be great if they continuously released data indicating processing times of individual cases, that way we'd be able to calculate the distribution and how this shifts throughout the year.

Good luck!
I agree! It would be a load off if I had some idea of the whens and ifs! I've sort of accepted it will turn up when it turns up. Can't do any more than that.

Good luck to you too!
Old Jul 17th 2018, 11:54 pm
Account Closed

materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute

I agree! It would be a load off if I had some idea of the whens and ifs! I've sort of accepted it will turn up when it turns up. Can't do any more than that
You already know the whens and ifs. It's just a waiting game so sit back, forget about your visa application for the moment and just get on with the rest of your life. It's only a visa and not really worth the aggravation and stress of constantly worrying about it.
Old Jul 18th 2018, 12:01 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by materialcontroller
You already know the whens and ifs. It's just a waiting game so sit back, forget about your visa application for the moment and just get on with the rest of your life. It's only a visa and not really worth the aggravation and stress of constantly worrying about it.
Thanks for the comment, I know you mean well! But some of us are not waiting for a tourist visa and a little more than a holiday is on the line. If you're moving to the US on a NIV with dependents and have a deadline for which you have to be in there (starting a job/school), and simultaneously trying to finish up your responsibilities at home as well as finding a new home in the states, this unknown waiting game does indeed put your life on hold. It's a huge financial responsibility too, and waiting 6 rather than 3 months means lots and lots of extra spendings.
Old Jul 18th 2018, 1:42 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by mss3
Thanks for the comment, I know you mean well! But some of us are not waiting for a tourist visa and a little more than a holiday is on the line. If you're moving to the US on a NIV with dependents and have a deadline for which you have to be in there (starting a job/school), and simultaneously trying to finish up your responsibilities at home as well as finding a new home in the states, this unknown waiting game does indeed put your life on hold. It's a huge financial responsibility too, and waiting 6 rather than 3 months means lots and lots of extra spendings.
​​​​​​I guess we'll just have to agree to differ on this point then.
Old Jul 24th 2018, 3:59 am
Just Joined

Thought I'd provide a bit of an update on my case. Received my email today asking me to send my passport in for Visa issuance. I had my interview at the end of March and was told it would be approximately 6-8 months for a waiver so looks like either I'm one of the lucky ones or processing has sped up massively since then.
Old Jul 24th 2018, 6:46 am
Just Joined

BB64 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone,

I was put forward for a waiver of ineligibility following an interview on April 5th.

I understand it is just a case of waiting for the email to come through from the visa office as to whether this has been granted - can anyone please advise who sends the email or what the subject title is so I can look out for it?

Also is there a way of checking if the waiver of ineligibility has already been unsuccessful? Would they send an email notification or is there anywhere online that displays this information?

Apologies if this question has been answered previously.

Thanks in advance

Many thanks
Old Jul 24th 2018, 10:15 am
Forum Regular

ireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really nice

Originally Posted by BB64
Hi everyone,

I was put forward for a waiver of ineligibility following an interview on April 5th.

I understand it is just a case of waiting for the email to come through from the visa office as to whether this has been granted - can anyone please advise who sends the email or what the subject title is so I can look out for it?

Also is there a way of checking if the waiver of ineligibility has already been unsuccessful? Would they send an email notification or is there anywhere online that displays this information?

Apologies if this question has been answered previously.

Thanks in advance

Many thanks

There is no way of checking the status you just have to wait for the email. This is is a copy of my email for my last Visa

———————-

subject header was

Yatri: U.S. DoS Visa system follow up action required

A U.S. Department of State Consulate officer located in London has indicated that follow-up actions are required for the following applicant(s).ApplicantStatus (Your name is here) Needs Follow-Up DocumentsConsular Section Comments:
Please submit passport for visa issuance. Please note that you have 30 days from today in which to resubmit your passport. You are NOT required to submit any other additional documents.

Please log into your user account at https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-GB/niv/account and follow the system instructions.

Best regards,

The CSC Visa Appointment and Information Service Team

———————-

this is where the email came from

[email protected]

hope this helps.

Last edited by ireallywannago; Jul 24th 2018 at 10:22 am. Reason: Remove name
Old Jul 24th 2018, 10:24 am
Just Joined

BB64 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Goomerang,

Do you have a specific date in March which you could share if possible please?

Thank you,
Bert
Old Jul 24th 2018, 7:03 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BB64
Hi Goomerang,

Do you have a specific date in March which you could share if possible please?

Thank you,
Bert
Hi Bert,

Yes, my interview was on 23rd March (I think I previously wrote it was 28th but that was incorrect - definitely on 23rd March). So it's been about a 4 month wait to get to this point.
Old Aug 5th 2018, 8:25 pm
Just Joined

Further update in case it helps anyone else:

- Had interview at London Embassy on 23rd March and was told a waiver was being submitted on my behalf
- Received email from Embassy on 24th July asking me to submit my passport
- Passport submitted on 25th July and delivered 26th July
- CEAC status changed to 'Administrative Processing' on 30th July
- CEAC status changed to 'Issued' on 3rd August
- Passport received back by courier with Visa inside on 4th August

Total time from interview to receiving Visa: 4 months, 14 days

Thanks for all the advice on this forum - it was massively helpful.

Good luck to everyone also waiting on waiver!
Old Aug 19th 2018, 7:15 pm
Just Joined

Char7c is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey all,

I didn’t know you could check the status on the CEAC.
what did your status say prior to the processing etc please?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.