Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Old Aug 29th 2018, 10:26 am
Just Joined

Fayefina is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Hi

Wondering if anyone can give me some details please.

My girlfrend had her interview on 11th April & we still haven't heard anything. I know they said it can take upto 6 months but just wondering if anyone who had an interview in April or near abouts has heard any news back yet. Or what the waiting time is like. It's torture waiting for the email haha.

Sorry if these questions have already been asked.

Thank you in advance

Faye
Old Aug 29th 2018, 11:46 am
Account Closed

materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fayefina
Hi

My girlfrend had her interview on 11th April & we still haven't heard anything. I know they said it can take upto 6 months but just wondering if anyone who had an interview in April or near abouts has heard any news back yet. Or what the waiting time is like. It's torture waiting for the email haha.

Thank you in advance

Faye
There's nothing much you can do at this stage when it's only been 4 months since the interview and that is still very much within the normal timescale. Try not to obsess about the email. Just forget about it and wait patiently for the moment.
Old Aug 29th 2018, 11:49 am
Just Joined

britexpat4456 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

Thank you in advance

Faye
My appointment was on April 13th and I haven't heard anything either.
Old Aug 29th 2018, 11:54 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by materialcontroller
There's nothing much you can do at this stage when it's only been 4 months since the interview and that is still very much within the normal timescale. Try not to obsess about the email. Just forget about it and wait patiently for the moment.
thank you for the reply I appreciate that. I booked a surprise trip for her to Florida in November so trying to wait patiently is not good haha. I didn't realise they took this long so my fault entirely. Should have checked.

Thanks again
Old Aug 29th 2018, 11:55 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by britexpat4456
My appointment was on April 13th and I haven't heard anything either.
thanks for the reply. Here's hoping it's soon for you & us.

Fingers crossed
Old Aug 29th 2018, 5:44 pm
Account Closed

materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute

thank you for the reply I appreciate that. I booked a surprise trip for her to Florida in November so trying to wait patiently is not good haha. I didn't realise they took this long so my fault entirely. Should have checked.

Thanks again
Hopefully things will work out OK for you. Good luck and please come back to update the thread and let us know the eventual outcome as your experience will be useful for other applicants in a similar situation.
Old Sep 1st 2018, 1:03 pm
Just Joined

BB64 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

Thank you in advance

Faye
Hi Faye,

I had my appointment on April 5th in London, and received the email confirmation for the courier yesterday on August 31st if that helps
Old Sep 1st 2018, 1:05 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by goomerang
Hi Bert,

Yes, my interview was on 23rd March (I think I previously wrote it was 28th but that was incorrect - definitely on 23rd March). So it's been about a 4 month wait to get to this point.

Just to update everyone on this thread I received my confirmation email for courier yesterday from the embassy on August 31st. My appointment was April 5th, so just under 5 months from appointment to receiving the email
Old Sep 1st 2018, 1:21 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BB64
Hi Faye,

I had my appointment on April 5th in London, and received the email confirmation for the courier yesterday on August 31st if that helps

Hi

Thats great, thank you very much for letting me know. Really appreciate that, hopefully we are only a week or 2 behind you then haha. Thanks again.

Enjoy sending your passport!

Faye
Old Sep 6th 2018, 8:08 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by shiversaint
Depends slightly on the day of week, but my last experience was send on friday end of day, received on the following thursday. It's generally 5-7 working day turnaround.

My previous experience was similar, as was my partner's. This is one of the more consistent areas of this process!!!

Congratulations on finally getting sorted. I still abide by the advice of never booking anything until the visa is in hand.
Hi both,

Thanks for this info it's really useful.

I recently received the email and dropped my passport off at the courier this week to be sent back to the US consulate.
Would you receive another email once this passport has been sent back for delivery to me, and would they deliver back to the courier DX office I dropped off at, or to your home address? Also is there any way of tracking this?

Many thanks in advance
Old Sep 8th 2018, 7:25 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by BB64
Hi both,

Thanks for this info it's really useful.

I recently received the email and dropped my passport off at the courier this week to be sent back to the US consulate.
Would you receive another email once this passport has been sent back for delivery to me, and would they deliver back to the courier DX office I dropped off at, or to your home address? Also is there any way of tracking this?

Many thanks in advance
I'm not sure if there's any way to track the return of your passport, other than possibly watching to see if the visa status changes to "Issued". You will receive an email when it is ready for collection though. This will be from the same DX depot that you used to deposit the documents originally.
Old Sep 9th 2018, 10:11 am
Just Joined

britexpat4456 is an unknown quantity at this point

My visa appointment was held in London on April 13th and I received my email to send my passport on September 7th (circa 5 months). I will update this thread on the visa length once received.
Old Sep 9th 2018, 3:21 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by britexpat4456
My visa appointment was held in London on April 13th and I received my email to send my passport on September 7th (circa 5 months). I will update this thread on the visa length once received.
That's great news. We still haven't heard about my partners yet. Hopefully they haven't lost it as her interview was the 11th April. It's annoying as she has already had one in 2010 so was hoping it would come in quicker haha.

Fingers crossed it comes this week if you have got yours already.

Thank you for the update.
Old Sep 11th 2018, 10:32 am
Just Joined

Jay82 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey guys,

Havent been around for a loooong time but you were all super helpful previously.

Just a quick one, previously approved for a one year visa with waiver of ineligibility due to cimt 10+years ago.... trip went fantastic

applied again when I got home 2 years ago and same deal but approved for a 5 year visa!!!! We are now heading over this year, the visa doesn’t expire until 2021, so I’m all good to travel yeah? I don’t need to take any other documents to the airport do I?

i just over think things and would hate to mess it up!

thanks guys
Jay
Old Sep 11th 2018, 11:37 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Jay82
Hey guys,

Havent been around for a loooong time but you were all super helpful previously.

Just a quick one, previously approved for a one year visa with waiver of ineligibility due to cimt 10+years ago.... trip went fantastic

applied again when I got home 2 years ago and same deal but approved for a 5 year visa!!!! We are now heading over this year, the visa doesn’t expire until 2021, so I’m all good to travel yeah? I don’t need to take any other documents to the airport do I?

i just over think things and would hate to mess it up!

thanks guys
Jay
You don't need anything else. Just your passport and visa.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.