Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Old Oct 3rd 2016, 10:00 pm
Just Joined

Alex234 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Originally Posted by Alex234
Hello, I need some advice please. Had interview yesterday in London for a tourist visa and have been recommended for a visa waiver if ineligibility. I was expecting to be granted a visa but no such luck. I have flight booked in 26 weeks but I am correct in thinking that there is no chance of getting the email and then passport sent off and returned in this time ? I have the option to change my flights and the flights of the others in our group to next February (at an additional cost of £1000). Not sure what to do as would be gutted if it came through within 26 weeks and had changed the flights but if I don't change them and it takes longer the holiday will be lost. Dilema!
Timeline update for anyone interested. Had interview on 13th May, received email today to send my passport so 20 weeks 4 days. Luckily I took the gamble and didn't change the flights (see my original post above). The holiday is to Vegas so that will probably the only gamble that pays off !
Old Oct 3rd 2016, 10:40 pm
Just Joined

Mirae1973 is an unknown quantity at this point

Timeline update for anyone interested. Had interview on 13th May, received email today to send my passport so 20 weeks 4 days. Luckily I took the gamble and didn't change the flights (see my original post above). The holiday is to Vegas so that will probably the only gamble that pays off !
Hi,

can you advise if you were told via email or letter and what they need to be sent back to them for the visa please? i am at week 19 with the holiday in just under 3 weeks so want to make sure if it is email that i carry what i need with me to respond immediately :-).

thanks.
Old Oct 3rd 2016, 10:47 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mirae1973
Hi,

can you advise if you were told via email or letter and what they need to be sent back to them for the visa please? i am at week 19 with the holiday in just under 3 weeks so want to make sure if it is email that i carry what i need with me to respond immediately :-).

thanks.
The post says 'e mail' so presumably that is what he was sent and, AFAIK you would need to send your passport.
Old Oct 3rd 2016, 10:54 pm
Just Joined

Mandplus4 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

happy to announce that we had our email this morning to send passport!
interview was 16th may at london so 20 weeks and 1 day
good luck to everyone waiting
Old Oct 3rd 2016, 11:16 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Mandplus4
Hi,

Thats fab i had my interview on 27th May so i may just make it for my holiday, fingers crossed. hope you enjoy yours.
Old Oct 4th 2016, 3:55 am
Just Joined

Mandplus4 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thats fab i had my interview on 27th May so i may just make it for my holiday, fingers crossed. hope you enjoy yours.
thank you! i will keep my fingers crossed for you also
Old Oct 4th 2016, 4:10 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by mikelincs
The post says 'e mail' so presumably that is what he was sent and, AFAIK you would need to send your passport.
Was via email and they asked for the passport and also had to print out a courier document. You can either take it to a Dx courier drop off point or send it via Royal Mail special delivery.
Old Oct 11th 2016, 9:01 pm
Just Joined

Hi. I just got my email. 19 weeks 5 days. You have to courier the passport over. Courier locations are few and far between.
Hopefully be in Florida in a few weeks yay.
Old Oct 11th 2016, 9:17 pm
Just Joined

Hi. I just got my email. 19 weeks 5 days. You have to courier the passport over. Courier locations are few and far between.
Hi

I sent mine via Royal Mail special delivery last Tuesday and it is being returned to me at home via courier today.
Old Oct 12th 2016, 12:38 am
Just Joined

Hi

I sent mine via Royal Mail special delivery last Tuesday and it is being returned to me at home via courier today.
oh thats good news, i took your advice and sent mine via royal mail today. fingers crossed it is bak by next Friday. Did the courier call to say what day they deliver? cheers.
Old Oct 12th 2016, 7:25 am
Just Joined

oh thats good news, i took your advice and sent mine via royal mail today. fingers crossed it is bak by next Friday. Did the courier call to say what day they deliver? cheers.
The embassy sent an email yesterday to say it had been passed to the courier and they also gave me the tracking number. It arrived this evening, 1st visa, 5 years. Hope you get your one back in time.
Old Oct 12th 2016, 8:35 am
Account Closed

materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute

It's been over five years since I last applied for a US visa, but have just begun filling in the DS-160 and VCU1 forms this evening as I'm hoping to return to the USA sometime next summer. I will be documenting my new experience of the visa process on this thread as I'm sure to learn a few things now that a lot of stuff has changed since 2011.
Old Oct 12th 2016, 11:19 am
Forum Regular

serenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by materialcontroller
It's been over five years since I last applied for a US visa, but have just begun filling in the DS-160 and VCU1 forms this evening as I'm hoping to return to the USA sometime next summer. I will be documenting my new experience of the visa process on this thread as I'm sure to learn a few things now that a lot of stuff has changed since 2011.
How exciting !! Keep us updated
Old Oct 12th 2016, 11:20 am
Forum Regular

serenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats - thank you for sharing your timeline.
Old Oct 12th 2016, 11:24 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Mandplus4
Hi,

Great news - thank you for sharing your timeline.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.