Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Old Feb 22nd 2019, 2:14 am
Just Joined

Thekopman is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Originally Posted by floridadream
Hi, I have the email address for the london consulate ...
[email protected]
hi , thanks for the email address. I had a reply confirming all is in process and was given a 3-6month estimation.
Old Feb 22nd 2019, 3:11 am
Just Joined

Jay1971 is an unknown quantity at this point

But I've heard cases, that some people, get granted a Waiver for 5 years
so I will still have to apply for a normal visa everytime once my visa, expires
have an interview everytime
have a police certificate within 6 months everytime ?
Old Feb 22nd 2019, 3:53 am
Account Closed

materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jay1971
so I will still have to apply for a normal visa everytime once my visa, expires
have an interview everytime
have a police certificate within 6 months everytime ?
Yes.

If you need to renew a visa (because it is lost or has expired or whatever); you will need to get a new police certificate, new interview at the consulate, new wait for them to decide on your waiver etc etc

Every. Single. Time. For the rest of your life.
Old Feb 22nd 2019, 4:00 am
Account Closed

materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute

Also, just to clarify what I think is a misunderstanding on your part. Nobody is granted a waiver for 5 years.

If their waiver is approved, it allows the consulate to issue a visa for upto 5 years. The waiver has no timeframe, it is simply permission for the consulate to issue the visa.

Last edited by materialcontroller; Feb 22nd 2019 at 4:05 am.
Old Feb 22nd 2019, 5:33 am
Just Joined

@materialcontroller so when I got to Consulate for the interview once my visa expires as long as my police, certificate as nothing more I should be just granted, a visa there and then if my Waivers still valid thanks for your advice it's appreciated
Old Feb 22nd 2019, 5:59 am
Account Closed

@materialcontroller so when I got to Consulate for the interview once my visa expires as long as my police, certificate as nothing more I should be just granted, a visa there and then if my Waivers still valid thanks for your advice it's appreciated
That is not what I said. I suggest you read back through this thread and look very carefully at the explanations provided by numerous contributors.
Old Feb 22nd 2019, 11:03 am
BE Enthusiast

shiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond repute

No, he said the exact opposite. Every time you go for another visa it's the same process all over again.
Old Feb 22nd 2019, 6:59 pm
Just Joined

DaveMB is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=Yoby;12641529]

Hi Dave,

When was your appointment?

Thanks
[/QUOTE

Hi,
My interview was on the 23rd October, I thought the processing would take much longer, so so I'm pleased

thank you for your response
Old Feb 22nd 2019, 11:43 pm
Just Joined

Thekopman is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=DaveMB;12642123]
Originally Posted by Yoby

Hi Dave,

When was your appointment?

Thanks
[/QUOTE

Hi,
My interview was on the 23rd October, I thought the processing would take much longer, so so I'm pleased

thank you for your response
I was meant to be travelling to New York today for my sons 16th and wife’s 40th. Lost £3k but telling kids we weren’t going was the worst part of it all. I hope they turn my waiver around as quick as yours as would love to book for this Xmas / new year.
Old Feb 23rd 2019, 2:11 am
Just Joined

Yoby is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all, I got my email though yesterday. My appointment was November 13th, so I got this back in just over 3 months.

I have a couple of concerns, 1st is do I need to use a certain courier to send my passport to them or can I just go down to the post office?

2nd is I have moved homes since my interview, there wasn’t an option to change address, does anyone know if there is a way to change the return to address.

thanks
Old Feb 23rd 2019, 3:32 am
Just Joined

You can send you passport to the consultant via Special delivery the returning of your passport goes, to a designated DX box of your choice or you can pay £19 to have it delivered to a, designated address
ring the embassy 02074999000, regarding your address change I don't want to give you the wrong info good luck
Old Feb 26th 2019, 7:55 pm
Just Joined

laxkay is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all, got the passport back yesterday. Husband has been given a 5 year visa. Has anyone (with a waiver) had any issues getting past border control when landing in the US?
Old Feb 26th 2019, 9:05 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by laxkay
Hi all, got the passport back yesterday. Husband has been given a 5 year visa. Has anyone (with a waiver) had any issues getting past border control when landing in the US?
What sort of issues?
Old Feb 26th 2019, 9:07 pm
Just Joined

laxkay is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by materialcontroller
What sort of issues?
Like will they ask about the reasons for waiver? I've read some have been in for questioning when they've landed.
Old Feb 27th 2019, 3:49 am
Just Joined

Just had the DX,m email saying my passport will be delivered tomorrow
So from the email saying send documents to the visa stamped it has took 12 working days..2 days over the maximum

Last edited by Jay1971; Feb 27th 2019 at 4:19 am.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.