Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Old Nov 19th 2012, 5:24 pm
Forum Regular

bubble123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Originally Posted by sue329
well apparently my passport took from the 5th till the 7th to arrive at the embassy...despite the website saying 4 days for the embassy to issue I have just spoken to them and it can take 10 working days...they were closed on the 12th?? so that doesn't count...that gives them till the 21st plus one day to deliver it back according to dx...and that's the day i'm supposed to fly....i've never experienced anything so expensive or misleading as this process not to mention stressful grrrr
I still have my fingers crossed for you sue.. I with many other people understand how stressfull it is..
Old Nov 19th 2012, 5:28 pm
Forum Regular

sue329 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you
Old Nov 19th 2012, 6:03 pm
Just Joined

Cosmogal32 is an unknown quantity at this point

I've got my fingers crossed as well sue

It is very stressful indeed and you just don't get told much at all, like I thought once you had the visa that was it, wasn't told by the embassy about having to fill in the form on flight or about secondary processing.

When you apply and wait all this time you feel like your the only one!! So it's good to have a forum like this, so you know your not alone.

Old Nov 19th 2012, 6:05 pm
Forum Regular

absolutely, this forum is the only thing keeping me sane!!! To pack or not...to change my spending money or not...to sort travel insurance or not...i'll need another holiday after all this!!
Old Nov 19th 2012, 6:09 pm
Forum Regular

Have you checked flights prices/availability? I would start to get ready to pack.. would you meet your family out there the day after if it came to it?
Old Nov 20th 2012, 4:37 pm
Forum Regular

prices have gone up a fair bit...if it doesn't come tomorrow it looks like it was all pointless :/
Old Nov 20th 2012, 5:18 pm
Account Closed

materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute

prices have gone up a fair bit...if it doesn't come tomorrow it looks like it was all pointless :/
Do you mind me asking why you booked leave from work and had the rest of your family book flights/holiday already? What is so special about travelling right now? In other words, why couldn't all the arrangements have waited until you got your visa?
Old Nov 20th 2012, 6:03 pm
Forum Regular

Oh i really hope you get it sue!! Im still keeping my fingers crossed for you.. could you not get a flight out like the day after or asap once it arrives & meet your family & come back home on their flight?
Old Nov 20th 2012, 6:16 pm
Forum Regular

TranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond repute

If they know your intended travel date they will try their hardest not to meet it.... lol From past experience that is the one thing that is consistent with these guys........
Old Nov 20th 2012, 6:50 pm
Forum Regular

Having applied in February I simply followed the time frames given by the embassy, I have to book leave from work a year ahead and we never dreamt that it would take so long, some of my family had already planned the dates around their committments...the family went ahead and booked because who wants to waste 2 precious weeks of leave from work!
Old Nov 21st 2012, 6:44 pm
Forum Regular

TranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond repute

Having applied in February I simply followed the time frames given by the embassy, I have to book leave from work a year ahead and we never dreamt that it would take so long, some of my family had already planned the dates around their committments...the family went ahead and booked because who wants to waste 2 precious weeks of leave from work!
Hang on! You had your interview in February and are still waiting? What was the date of your interview?
Old Nov 21st 2012, 6:47 pm
Account Closed

materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TranceMaster
Hang on! You had your interview in February and are still waiting? What was the date of your interview?
If you bothered to look back at sue329's posts, you'd see that she began the entire application process in February but had the interview in April:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...9#post10303329
Old Nov 21st 2012, 7:04 pm
Forum Regular

I do apologise for not trawling the thread. To be honest I was more looking forward to your friendly reply as ever.
Old Nov 21st 2012, 8:18 pm
Forum Regular

and still nothing.....
Old Nov 22nd 2012, 4:54 pm
Forum Regular

well it's now 15 calender days since the passport arrived at the embassy and not a word....has anyone else waited this long?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.