Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Old Nov 29th 2012, 6:14 pm
Forum Regular

marbella-james is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Ever? Yes.

No idea... once people are denied a waiver, they rarely come back to post what happens afterwards. I'm guessing that most give up.

Ian
Ian, that would seem crazy considering have you have to go to get this far!!
Also it seems that many wavier first timers only get 1 year?? but with it taking so long at what point do you reapply for the next waiver and visa?
Old Nov 29th 2012, 6:54 pm
Account Closed

materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by marbella-james
Also it seems that many wavier first timers only get 1 year?? but with it taking so long at what point do you reapply for the next waiver and visa?
I would suggest you apply for a new waiver once the existing one has expired (or is about to expire).
Old Nov 29th 2012, 7:00 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Respectuflly, I was not trying to weigh the logic behind those sorts of decisions. Those whose waiver is denied generally don't return to update us.

Ian
Old Nov 30th 2012, 6:45 am
Forum Regular

TranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond repute

The embassy advised me to apply 6 months before it expired at the min cos of the long processing time.

My question, if it comes through before the old one expires do you essesntially lose time cos they cancel the old one or do they add the remaingin time onto the new one PLUS the time for the new one? I assume its the former, meaning you will lose possibly months.

My first time waiver was only 1 entry 6 months.
Old Nov 30th 2012, 7:09 am
Account Closed

materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TranceMaster
The embassy advised me to apply 6 months before it expired at the min cos of the long processing time.

My question, if it comes through before the old one expires do you essesntially lose time cos they cancel the old one or do they add the remaingin time onto the new one PLUS the time for the new one? I assume its the former, meaning you will lose possibly months.

My first time waiver was only 1 entry 6 months.
What do you mean by "lose time" exactly? If you've been issued with a new waiver, the period of validity begins immediately and you no longer need the remaining time left on the old waiver (if any) at that point.
Old Dec 2nd 2012, 9:19 am
Forum Regular

bubble123 is an unknown quantity at this point

ive been waiting over 28 weeks for my waiver and all ARO can say is that they are conducting security checks-any idea how long these take? any advice would be greatful. James
What is ARO & BIA? Did you apply in London?
Old Dec 2nd 2012, 12:13 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bubble123
What is ARO & BIA?
ARO = Admissibility Review Office.
BIA = Board of Immigration Appeals.

For future reference, if there's an acronym that you don't understand, Google is your friend - especially if you include the acronym and the word "immigration".

Ian
Old Dec 2nd 2012, 1:39 pm
Forum Regular

bubble123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks
Old Dec 4th 2012, 10:14 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by bubble123
What is ARO & BIA? Did you apply in London?
Bubble-No I applied in Madrid as in live in Spain-Hence the screen name and no longer have enough ties to the UK to qualify as a resident.

MC-I'm wondering if there is a time limit to how long the processing can take? I mean they cant have a file sitting on there desks for an infinite period of time. Whats the longest anyone on here has had to wait for the ARO to deliver an answer?

Also, once you have a waiver and visa-can you file an i-539 once in the US?
Old Dec 4th 2012, 10:18 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Respectuflly, I was not trying to weigh the logic behind those sorts of decisions. Those whose waiver is denied generally don't return to update us.

Ian
Ian, i appreciate that but i would have thought people would share experiences both good and bad. I mean it would help the community on here,no?

I'm just trying to cover all my bases without having to get a lawyer involved-from what i've seen this can all be done yourself.
Old Dec 4th 2012, 10:20 am
Forum Regular

As a side note top all this im still waiting for the return of departure bond following a VD, granted its only $500 but its been 17 months!! Any suggestions, how i could get it back as ICE/CBP are no help.
Old Dec 5th 2012, 1:15 pm
KTG
Forum Regular

KTG has a reputation beyond reputeKTG has a reputation beyond reputeKTG has a reputation beyond reputeKTG has a reputation beyond reputeKTG has a reputation beyond reputeKTG has a reputation beyond reputeKTG has a reputation beyond reputeKTG has a reputation beyond reputeKTG has a reputation beyond reputeKTG has a reputation beyond reputeKTG has a reputation beyond repute

Hi everyone

Can anyone tell me if you or someone you know has finally received a visa with a prior drugs conviction from 12 years ago.

Thanks
Old Dec 5th 2012, 1:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

DavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by KTG
Hi everyone

Can anyone tell me if you or someone you know has finally received a visa with a prior drugs conviction from 12 years ago.

Thanks
A visa? What type of visa are you referring to?

Either way people can overcome ineligibility for visas, but this all depends on the extent of the circumstances. If you are just wishing to visit for a holiday, then you need to apply for a tourist visa (if ineligible for VWP). if this is denied, you may be recommended for a waiver, but it all depends on the extent of the offense in which you were convicted.
Old Dec 5th 2012, 2:10 pm
KTG
Forum Regular

KTG has a reputation beyond reputeKTG has a reputation beyond reputeKTG has a reputation beyond reputeKTG has a reputation beyond reputeKTG has a reputation beyond reputeKTG has a reputation beyond reputeKTG has a reputation beyond reputeKTG has a reputation beyond reputeKTG has a reputation beyond reputeKTG has a reputation beyond reputeKTG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DavidLemon
A visa? What type of visa are you referring to?

Either way people can overcome ineligibility for visas, but this all depends on the extent of the circumstances. If you are just wishing to visit for a holiday, then you need to apply for a tourist visa (if ineligible for VWP). if this is denied, you may be recommended for a waiver, but it all depends on the extent of the offense in which you were convicted.
Hi

I need to apply for a waiver if inegibility. I have a conviction of possesion on class A and class B (I received just one conviction in total). This was 12 years ago and nothing since. I wish to travel on a family holiday.

Thanks
Old Dec 5th 2012, 2:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

DavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by KTG
Hi

I need to apply for a waiver if inegibility. I have a conviction of possesion on class A and class B (I received just one conviction in total). This was 12 years ago and nothing since. I wish to travel on a family holiday.

Thanks
If you are not eligible for the VWP, then you will need to book an appointment at the US Embassy in London to apply for a B-2

Click here for more info http://london.usembassy.gov/applying_in_london.html

This is where the process starts. All of the requirements can be found within this link so Good Luck and let us know how you get on.

Word of caution though. If you have not all ready done so, please do not just book a holiday and assume you are going to be dealt with in time. The process for the waiver of ineligibility is a long process and reports are showing in excess of 20 weeks. No guarantees that yours will be as long but never book tickets until you have the visa in hand.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.