Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Old Feb 4th 2013, 9:50 am
Just Joined

Fabregas1981 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Has anyone received a waiver of ineligibility from the London Embassy lately and how long was your wait time?

Thanks
Old Feb 13th 2013, 6:00 am
Just Joined

wazza1 is an unknown quantity at this point

hi,
ive applied for one recently and just wonderd how long it takes myself on the 11/02/2013
Old Feb 13th 2013, 6:14 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wazza1
ive applied for one recently and just wonderd how long it takes...
No one knows. It'll take as long as it takes.

Ian
Old Feb 13th 2013, 6:23 am
Just Joined

i appreciate that but i stupidly booked already to go on the 5th august and it has to be fully paid for by may do you think i have any chance it was a drugs offence 29 years ago this is my first time ever abroad so was not aware of all this
Old Feb 13th 2013, 6:35 am
Just Joined

Fabregas1981 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Wazza,

yesterday was my 24th week, and I'm still waiting. Ill let you know when I here a response. it is likely to be a while mate!

how long does it say it will take in the letter they gave you? mine said 22 to 24 weeks
Old Feb 13th 2013, 6:43 am
Just Joined

mine aswell i think im just going to cancel the holiday dont sound like theres any chance of getting it in time im a complete idiot sometimes
Old Feb 13th 2013, 6:52 am
Just Joined

sorry to ask but would you mind sharing why you was turned down so i no if it relates to my drug offence for timescales
Old Feb 13th 2013, 7:05 am
Account Closed

materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wazza1
sorry to ask but would you mind sharing why you was turned down so i no if it relates to my drug offence for timescales
In general terms, the timescale seems to apply to all waivers of ineligibility, regardless of why the visa was denied.

As far as your particular case is concerned, with things being as they are now, and waivers taking 25+ weeks to be adjudicated (plus you have to add on a further 2 weeks or so for your passport to be collected/visa fixed inside/passport returned to you), I'd say it's probably wise to lose the deposit and rebook your trip after you receive the visa.
Old Feb 13th 2013, 10:55 pm
Forum Regular

marbella-james is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
No one knows. It'll take as long as it takes.

Ian
+1
Old Feb 17th 2013, 9:54 pm
Forum Regular

sevorg is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Fabregas1981
I had my interview on the 21st September and the paper they gave me said 20/22 weeks.
What date did you have your interview?
Its now week 22 for me and the online status check still says "Administrative Processing"
When I did get a reply from [email protected] all they said was they had no trace and referred me back to the Embassy
Old Feb 18th 2013, 3:14 am
Forum Regular

marbella-james is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sevorg
Hi Fabregas1981
I had my interview on the 21st September and the paper they gave me said 20/22 weeks.
What date did you have your interview?
Its now week 22 for me and the online status check still says "Administrative Processing"
When I did get a reply from [email protected] all they said was they had no trace and referred me back to the Embassy
Did you apply in London? You did well to a response at week 22; I applied last May and have only just sent my passport back to the embassy today. I'm dreading doing this again when it comes to renew!!
Old Feb 18th 2013, 3:23 am
Forum Regular

Yes I did apply in London although I am a little confused by your reply.
I have had no response from the Embassy.
The only response is from the ARO(after I e mailed them six times),. I posted because the OP (Fabregas) seems to have had an interview earlier in September than I did, yet seems to have been quoted 22/25 weeks(If I am reading the posts correctly), mine on the 21st was quoted as 20/22 weeks and at week 22 I have had no request to send my passport.
Hope that makes things clearer

Ps when you posted the contact number for Washington you gave the telephone options as 1/3/9/0 when I tried I could not get past 3, it just gave me the option to repeat the message or return to the main menu??

Last edited by sevorg; Feb 18th 2013 at 3:49 am.
Old Feb 18th 2013, 5:31 am
Account Closed

materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute

Why are you guys so impatient to get these visa waivers? The process takes as long as it takes. Could be 5 weeks, could be 55 weeks. Your time would be better spent forgetting about the application and continuing with your lives until such time as the embassy ask you to submit your passport for visa issuance. Why get agitated and stress over something you can't influence or change?
Old Feb 18th 2013, 5:51 am
Forum Regular

The only reason I applied for a visa was to go to my sons wedding.Not as a tourist.
I missed his wedding and now I want to see him and his new wife as I missed the wedding although I applied for a visa four months before the wedding.
Due to my commitments I need to know well in advance in order to travel.
My only problem is,if I am told six weeks ,six months or even 12 months, it does not matter.what does matter is that the information given is accurate.I know the US Gov dont care about my plans but I do expect that when they say a timescale it is basically accurate.
I dont want to start a keyboard war with anyone,all I want to do is to try and plan things using the information given.Again,the actual timescale is not that important,just that the information given can be relied on.i dont think thats being unreasonable.
Old Feb 18th 2013, 6:00 am
Account Closed

I've just looked again at the VCU R3 letter, which is the form the embassy in London gives to people who've been refused visas and who require a waiver of ineligibility.

It clearly states an approximate waiting time for the waiver decision to be evaluated. (For what it's worth, in the case of the R3 I have in my possession, it is dated April 2009 and the waiting time is given as 14-16 weeks). They can't be any more accurate than that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.