Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Old Jul 21st 2015, 12:45 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Originally Posted by downundergirl
... my passport is due to expire July 2016 so what happens to the visa as u require at least 6 months validity to travel ?
Nothing happens to the visa... it'll be valid for as long as its valid. If your passport expires, you'll need a new one and you'll then need to carry both passports. The solution is easy - get a new passport.

Ian

Last edited by ian-mstm; Jul 21st 2015 at 12:54 am.
Old Jul 21st 2015, 1:11 am
Forum Regular

downundergirl is an unknown quantity at this point

Well hopefully I get the visa before my passport expires as getting new one is not so simple as I have since Married since applying for my current passport but unfortunately was married in Fiji and they do not recognise my marriage certificate as a valid change of name but I don't not have enough Identification to renew my passport under my maiden name just another hurdle to overcome I guess but just out of interest if I manage to do a complete name Change can I carry my old passport with visa in my maiden name and new passport with my married name?
Old Jul 21st 2015, 2:06 am
Just Joined

Sarahjaneboyd is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello my boyfriend had his interview 2nd March, it's currently been 4 & half months & heard nothing back but they said it would take approximately 6 month. Does anyone know how long it does take? Then how long it takes to send passport back to London & returned. We go to Vegas in October & starting to get worried about timescale. Thank you .
Old Jul 21st 2015, 2:28 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sarahjaneboyd
Hello my boyfriend had his interview 2nd March, it's currently been 4 & half months & heard nothing back but they said it would take approximately 6 month. Does anyone know how long it does take? Then how long it takes to send passport back to London & returned. We go to Vegas in October & starting to get worried about timescale. Thank you .
Welcome to BE.

Members on here always say, 'Do NOT book any trips until you have your visa in hand'. As to the how long, well, how long is a piece of string?. It will take as long as it takes, no-one can give a specific time as all cases are diferent.
Old Jul 21st 2015, 2:36 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by mikelincs
Welcome to BE.

Members on here always say, 'Do NOT book any trips until you have your visa in hand'. As to the how long, well, how long is a piece of string?. It will take as long as it takes, no-one can give a specific time as all cases are diferent.
We booked it, not knowing we would have this trouble with visas.
Old Jul 21st 2015, 3:03 am
Forum Regular

bubble123 is an unknown quantity at this point

My Husband had his interview March 18th. So we're not too far behind you. We're still waiting. Keep us posted please.
Old Jul 21st 2015, 4:15 am
Forum Regular

Tweety23 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by cazz0069
Sweet baby cheeses!!!! Really??? Wow. thanks so much for posting. I wonder if there's a certain time that you have to wait before you can contact them. Have you checked the ceac website? Please tell me it's at least at 'administrative processing'
Yep, my husband had his interview on 5th Nov. First experience of this process took about 6 months so we were not expecting to be waiting 37 weeks this time around - absolutely everything about his application is the same.

It is showing as 'administrative processing' on CEAC and has done from the start.

We've emailed them a few times now and receive the standard response.

I can only reiterate the advice not to make any travel commitments, we will learn this the hard way as our flights to Florida are in 3 weeks. Given the increased turnaround time for passports to be returned we are now not expecting to travel.

Good luck to those waiting.
Old Jul 21st 2015, 4:24 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

... if I manage to do a complete name Change can I carry my old passport with visa in my maiden name and new passport with my married name?
Yes. You'll probably also want to carry a copy of your marriage certificate.

Ian
Old Jul 21st 2015, 4:28 am
Account Closed

Does anyone know how long it does take?
No one knows for sure... but 30 weeks seems average - so, closer to 7 months. Some a bit more, some a bit less.

Then how long it takes to send passport back to London & returned.
Usually a couple of weeks.

Ian
Old Jul 21st 2015, 4:58 am
Just Joined

angeleno1510 is an unknown quantity at this point

We are finishing week 38, and on to week 39...still no news
Old Jul 21st 2015, 5:02 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
No one knows for sure... but 30 weeks seems average - so, closer to 7 months. Some a bit more, some a bit less.

Usually a couple of weeks.

Ian
Thanks Ian. We booked it last October online but didn't know anything about not being allowed in if you had been arrested for possession of drugs, wish we did & started process earlier. Interview was 2nd March & we go 14th oct so exactly 7 1/2 months. Fingers crossed he's allowed in & it comes in time . Thank you again for your reply .
Old Jul 21st 2015, 7:02 am
Forum Regular

Newyork is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Ian. We booked it last October online but didn't know anything about not being allowed in if you had been arrested for possession of drugs, wish we did & started process earlier. Interview was 2nd March & we go 14th oct so exactly 7 1/2 months. Fingers crossed he's allowed in & it comes in time . Thank you again for your reply .
Looking forward to Ian's response to this one. Lol

All I will say is it is going to be a very very close call time wise on this one.
Old Jul 21st 2015, 7:49 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Newyork
Looking forward to Ian's response to this one.
Sorry to disappoint, but there really is no response for this! People often believe that their past won't come back to haunt them... until they want a holiday in the US.

All I will say is it is going to be a very very close call time wise on this one.
This is about all I can say on it also. They might make it... they might not.

Ian
Old Jul 21st 2015, 8:31 am
Forum Regular

downundergirl is an unknown quantity at this point

Looks like many of us are in same situation learning the process the hard way, on the Aust website it states current wait is 27 weeks but some could take longer but by posts on this site seems to be pretty much all are taking more than 27 weeks it feels like the whole system has come to a sudden stop I hope this is not due to the technical issues with printing visas last month just our luck it happens now! Just trying to do the right & honest way.
Old Jul 21st 2015, 9:30 am
Account Closed

I hope this is not due to the technical issues with printing visas last month...
Even if it did, you'd never know... so what difference?

Ian

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.