Jimmy Savile

Old Oct 24th 2012, 9:05 pm
  #241  
Straw Man.
 
rugbymatt's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2006
Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
Posts: 46,302
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Jimmy Savile

Originally Posted by jojojojojo View Post
Apology for what Matt??? I'm simply saying that you are not the judge and jury, cos dispite what you think, you havent got all of the facts - only what the media tell you. You're just a chap who listens to every new revelation with child like belief. I'm saying wait until there has been an official enquiry and outcome. I have no doubt that Savile is guilty, but I prefer to wait for someone other than you to confirm how guilty

Jo xxx
You keep accusing me of being a media whore Jo. Its funny because one of the first to accuse the media of being scum bags is me but you are utterly convinced I am getting all my information from the media. Yeah sure I have flicked through various sites regarding this, otherwise I end up like you and a couple of others on here, stuck in the aspic of the first couple of days of this breaking, convinced that its simply a couple of money hungry attention seekers determined to cash in on something but I get my information from quite a few sources and I have an open mind, one that is open to the fact that he is scum. Now, if what is annoying you is that people are talking about this then unsubscribe, take yourself away from the discussion because I hate to tell you, no one is gonna stop discussing this predatory scum bag simply because you don't like to speak bad of the dead. Freddie Star and Gary Glitter are still alive.....
rugbymatt is offline  
Old Oct 24th 2012, 9:54 pm
  #242  
Banned
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Location: Living in a good place
Posts: 8,824
jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Jimmy Savile

The Police are already saying he was a predatory peodophile and they don't usually commit themselves so it's not just the "media"
jackytoo is offline  
Old Oct 24th 2012, 10:11 pm
  #243  
Banned
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Location: Living in a good place
Posts: 8,824
jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Jimmy Savile

Just a thought...didn't Jonathon King claim that Savile was one of his closest friends
jackytoo is offline  
Old Oct 24th 2012, 10:29 pm
  #244  
He/him
 
kimilseung's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Location: WA
Posts: 17,938
kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Jimmy Savile

Originally Posted by jackytoo View Post
Just a thought...didn't Jonathon King claim that Savile was one of his closest friends
King classes veteran TV presenter Jimmy Savile as one of his closest friends - they have known each other for 25 years. Savile once said of him: "He's a sabra. A sabra is an Israeli fruit that's prickly on the outside and all soft and lovely inside. That's Jonathan King."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-King-pop.html
kimilseung is offline  
Old Oct 24th 2012, 10:34 pm
  #245  
On the road again.
Thread Starter
 
Dick Dasterdly's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: On Top of the World
Posts: 17,507
Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Jimmy Savile

Originally Posted by jackytoo View Post
The Police are already saying he was a predatory peodophile and they don't usually commit themselves so it's not just the "media"
Quite correct.

I saw one of the police chiefs in charge of the investigation openly refer to Savile as a paedophile in front of the TV cameras about a week ago.
Numerous others in positions of authority are doing likewise.

Coincidently his elder brother was sacked from a psychiatric hospital for sexual offences against patients.
Dick Dasterdly is offline  
Old Oct 24th 2012, 10:52 pm
  #246  
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Location: In the middle of 10million Olive Trees
Posts: 12,053
Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Jimmy Savile

Originally Posted by rugbymatt View Post
You know what I am going to enjoy Jo? Coming back on here in a couple of weeks when what is still to come out, comes out. People on this forum have a habit of not admitting when they are wrong, even in private and I am going to enjoy getting your apology. Some of us here know what is and has gone on, others just pretend the world is as good as it ever was... beep..... beep..... beep.....
and that comes from the master at it
pot calling kettle......
Domino is offline  
Old Oct 25th 2012, 7:35 am
  #247  
Straw Man.
 
rugbymatt's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2006
Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
Posts: 46,302
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Jimmy Savile

Originally Posted by Domino View Post
and that comes from the master at it
pot calling kettle......
Once again you are wrong, many on here have had a private apology from me, on one occasion one made that apology public.

What is funny, old chap, is that when I do reply with more than my usual hilarious one liner you are still not happy. If I reply without insults, you are not happy, if I reply at all, you are not happy. Its not just YOUR forum ya know?

Now if you don't mind, some of us are enjoying the thread and the fact that the likes of you are not trying to start fights, thanks.

Last edited by rugbymatt; Oct 25th 2012 at 7:38 am.
rugbymatt is offline  
Old Oct 25th 2012, 8:05 am
  #248  
squeaky clean
 
jojojojojo's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2010
Location: Spain 4th feb 08 - October 11, now flits batck and forth from sunny Worthing
Posts: 1,576
jojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Jimmy Savile

Originally Posted by rugbymatt View Post
Once again you are wrong, many on here have had a private apology from me, on one occasion one made that apology public.

What is funny, old chap, is that when I do reply with more than my usual hilarious one liner you are still not happy. If I reply without insults, you are not happy, if I reply at all, you are not happy. Its not just YOUR forum ya know?

Now if you don't mind, some of us are enjoying the thread and the fact that the likes of you are not trying to start fights, thanks.
Is anyone enjoying this thread??? I get the impression there is only one who is enjoying gossiping, slagging off and reporting every new so called "fact" on here - you'll be posting the text jokes that are going around next. But you're right in one of your posts - I'm unsubscribing and waiting for the official information

Jo xx

Last edited by jojojojojo; Oct 25th 2012 at 8:08 am.
jojojojojo is offline  
Old Oct 25th 2012, 8:32 am
  #249  
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Location: In the middle of 10million Olive Trees
Posts: 12,053
Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Jimmy Savile

Originally Posted by jojojojojo View Post
Is anyone enjoying this thread??? I get the impression there is only one who is enjoying gossiping, slagging off and reporting every new so called "fact" on here - you'll be posting the text jokes that are going around next. But you're right in one of your posts - I'm unsubscribing and waiting for the official information

Jo xx
Hold the door Jo, I'm just behind you
Domino is offline  
Old Oct 25th 2012, 8:47 am
  #250  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 46
RichardP has much to be proud ofRichardP has much to be proud ofRichardP has much to be proud ofRichardP has much to be proud ofRichardP has much to be proud ofRichardP has much to be proud ofRichardP has much to be proud ofRichardP has much to be proud ofRichardP has much to be proud ofRichardP has much to be proud ofRichardP has much to be proud of
Default Re: Jimmy Savile

Originally Posted by rugbymatt View Post
You are completely missing the point and trying to justify it by giving anecdotal stories about what you were like as a child, you were not 10, he was not 50+ and you were not then passed around among your friends to try. Have you actually looked into any of this or are you just staunchly defending his right to a peaceful death? I only ask because its beginning to emerge that there are people alive who were involved and its also clear they preyed on very young children and very vulnerable children. If you don't understand why the exploitation of vulnerable children is a problem then there is no hope for you understanding why some of us do actually want to see this creep unearthed as the predatory scum he quite obviously was.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.

I quote >>>>>>>> and you were not then passed around among your friends to try. >>>>>>>>>>>>>unquote

Are you implying / infering / stating thar Jimmy Saville was part of a paedaphile ring ????, Do you have PROOF of that ???? or are you, like so may others adding two and two together and coming uo with five. Fortunately for you the man, ( call him what you will) is dead, I suspect had he been alive you would have car loads of lawyers at your door, all of them with writs against you.

Again, you, like so many others , are taking the stance that there is no smoke without fire, and if there were mob rule you'd hang him from the highest tree, just on peoples say so. This is a democratic nation, let ALL the issues go before a court of law, if, and I say again ------IF ------ these allegations of proven to be true then by all means let us all howl at the moon, until then though you are besmirching a mans character.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I quote again >>>>>>>>>>

why some of us do actually want to see this creep unearthed as the predatory scum he quite obviously was.[ >>> unquote

Ahhhh now were getting to the nub of it -------- he's as guilty as sin ---- based on your say so ---------- congratulations, youv'e just been promoted to be head of the lynch mob >>> lets hope your'e right.
RichardP is offline  
Old Oct 25th 2012, 8:50 am
  #251  
Banned
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Location: Living in a good place
Posts: 8,824
jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Jimmy Savile

Originally Posted by Domino View Post
Hold the door Jo, I'm just behind you
If I were leaving the forum I would do that without feeling the need to announce it
jackytoo is offline  
Old Oct 25th 2012, 8:51 am
  #252  
Straw Man.
 
rugbymatt's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2006
Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
Posts: 46,302
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Jimmy Savile

Originally Posted by jojojojojo View Post
Is anyone enjoying this thread??? I get the impression there is only one who is enjoying gossiping, slagging off and reporting every new so called "fact" on here - you'll be posting the text jokes that are going around next. But you're right in one of your posts - I'm unsubscribing and waiting for the official information

Jo xx
You never did like people not agreeing with you did you Jo? I would never want anyone to leave a thread but then I've never understood why some people jump into threads when they don't like the content.
rugbymatt is offline  
Old Oct 25th 2012, 8:58 am
  #253  
Straw Man.
 
rugbymatt's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2006
Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
Posts: 46,302
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Jimmy Savile

Originally Posted by RichardP View Post
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.

I quote >>>>>>>> and you were not then passed around among your friends to try. >>>>>>>>>>>>>unquote

Are you implying / infering / stating thar Jimmy Saville was part of a paedaphile ring ????, Do you have PROOF of that ???? or are you, like so may others adding two and two together and coming uo with five. Fortunately for you the man, ( call him what you will) is dead, I suspect had he been alive you would have car loads of lawyers at your door, all of them with writs against you.

Again, you, like so many others , are taking the stance that there is no smoke without fire, and if there were mob rule you'd hang him from the highest tree, just on peoples say so. This is a democratic nation, let ALL the issues go before a court of law, if, and I say again ------IF ------ these allegations of proven to be true then by all means let us all howl at the moon, until then though you are besmirching a mans character.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I quote again >>>>>>>>>>

why some of us do actually want to see this creep unearthed as the predatory scum he quite obviously was.[ >>> unquote

Ahhhh now were getting to the nub of it -------- he's as guilty as sin ---- based on your say so ---------- congratulations, youv'e just been promoted to be head of the lynch mob >>> lets hope your'e right.
So are the three police forces who have opened investigations just acting on gossip and hearsay? No, they have, and I quote, "enough credible and compelling evidence to open investigations" and I bring us back to the solicitors, and I feel we must go back to the solicitors because no one has of yet even bothered to comment on them, they have 110 separate cases that have come forward. Now I understand that sometimes they like to say things just to rattle the cage but to openly claim they had claimants willing to give testimony would be career suicide if there were no basis at all in the accusations. Savile OPENLY admitted he "enjoyed" younger flesh....


Jeez people, what is wrong with you, I have sat back and watched many on this thread hang draw and quarter people willingly for far lesser crimes yet because this wanker gave money out of guilt you are all clamouring to defend his honour! This is not your finest hour Spain Forum, not at all.
rugbymatt is offline  
Old Oct 25th 2012, 9:41 am
  #254  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 46
RichardP has much to be proud ofRichardP has much to be proud ofRichardP has much to be proud ofRichardP has much to be proud ofRichardP has much to be proud ofRichardP has much to be proud ofRichardP has much to be proud ofRichardP has much to be proud ofRichardP has much to be proud ofRichardP has much to be proud ofRichardP has much to be proud of
Default Re: Jimmy Savile

Originally Posted by rugbymatt View Post
So are the three police forces who have opened investigations just acting on gossip and hearsay? No, they have, and I quote, "enough credible and compelling evidence to open investigations" and I bring us back to the solicitors, and I feel we must go back to the solicitors because no one has of yet even bothered to comment on them, they have 110 separate cases that have come forward. Now I understand that sometimes they like to say things just to rattle the cage but to openly claim they had claimants willing to give testimony would be career suicide if there were no basis at all in the accusations. Savile OPENLY admitted he "enjoyed" younger flesh....


Jeez people, what is wrong with you, I have sat back and watched many on this thread hang draw and quarter people willingly for far lesser crimes yet because this wanker gave money out of guilt you are all clamouring to defend his honour! This is not your finest hour Spain Forum, not at all.
>>>>
This country is NOT a police state, the police act on information recieved, they then investigate the relativity pertaining to that information recieved, all the information is then passed over to the C.P.O. who then decide whether to prosecute or not.

Because the accused is dead everyone and anyone can say what they think regarding his guilt or innocence and have no fear of a libel law suit coming through the letterbox.

Until that guilt is substantiated in a court of law everything that is --- said / implied / thought ---- is hearsay and unproven. Nobody on this thread, including me, is defending the man, if the evidence is discussed in a court of law and is found to be based on TRUTH and NOT hearsay then and only then can this mans character be assasinated.
RichardP is offline  
Old Oct 25th 2012, 9:48 am
  #255  
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: Apr 2008
Location: Catalonia, Spain
Posts: 530
Rambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Jimmy Savile

Personally I don't care a hoot about Savile or his 'legacy' in a few years time it would have been 'Jimmy who?' in any case.
What I do care about is knowing whether the BBC and other institutions covered up systematic abuse for decades.

There are all sorts of allegations being made now and they need to be properly investigated.

Maybe some good will come of this to prevent such things happening in the future.

I watched an interview with a representative from an abuse helpline yesterday. Their calls have increased from about 200 per week to over 2,000. He said people were feeling it was OK to come forward and talk about their experiences now when they hadn't done so before.
Theres going to be plenty of work for lawyers and counsellors.
Rambling Rose is offline  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.