Jimmy Savile

Old Oct 4th 2012, 9:37 am
  #1  
On the road again.
Thread Starter
 
Dick Dasterdly's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: On Top of the World
Posts: 17,507
Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Jimmy Savile

Anyone see how Jim fixed it last night ?

Pretty damning I thought.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...d-8191761.html

Good pal of Gary Glitter apparently who he aided and abetted and later openly claimed that Glitter had done nothing wrong.

Savile even openly bragged of one incident in his autobiography.

Mr Untouchable, Mr Teflon or Mr Perfect, ..take your pick.
Dick Dasterdly is offline  
Old Oct 4th 2012, 9:58 am
  #2  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 46
RichardP has much to be proud ofRichardP has much to be proud ofRichardP has much to be proud ofRichardP has much to be proud ofRichardP has much to be proud ofRichardP has much to be proud ofRichardP has much to be proud ofRichardP has much to be proud ofRichardP has much to be proud ofRichardP has much to be proud ofRichardP has much to be proud of
Default Re: Jimmy Savile

I think you have to be careful here.

Jimmy Saville, fom my memory of him has always been an oddball, by that I mean --a bit off the wall --- that was his style, he liked to shock, do the unusual, even speak out on topics that could make him a target.

Now like him or loathe him, every person is regarded innocent until proven guilty,and it is so easy to denegrate a persons character when they are dead, if these events were going on and it was, as said, "an open secret", then people such as Esther Rantzen and all the other so called "celebreties that are are climbing on the band wagon because they reckoned they "KNEW" what was going on , but said nothing, should be prosecuted for withholding information regarding the abuse of minors.

I am NOT defending Jimmy Saville, I have neve met him and I have never liked him as a person, but I will defend any mans /womans rights to a fair and just trial to be proven if that person is innocent or guilty.

One other thing I would add is the fact that "celebreties" such as him do attract "groupies", young girls willing to do almost anything in order they can can brag about it after the event, but when they get older perhaps they regret it --perhaps they realise there could be money in the story -- only they can answer that. But if this is the case it is no excuse for an adult to accept "favours" showered upon him by youngsters, but there again, if you were in the same situation, could you HONESTLY say you wouldn't be tempted by a nubile young offering herself to you,
RichardP is offline  
Old Oct 4th 2012, 10:24 am
  #3  
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Location: In the middle of 10million Olive Trees
Posts: 12,053
Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Jimmy Savile

well trying to be careful.........

there were rumours going round quite openly in the late 60's and 70's that, oddball as he may be, he was known to go "behind the curtain" with all manner of females when he was on his DJ roadshows etc. They also used to throw their knickers at him

however, I do find there is a distasteful element in this that people are only now, after decades willing to come forward openly now he is dead. were they really that frightened of him ? ?

it reminds me of when a work colleague left the company all sorts of rumours went flying round about his sexual proclavities, women popping up all over the place to dig the dirt. But not willing to make the claim whilst he was still there and in a position to fight or ague different.
Domino is offline  
Old Oct 4th 2012, 10:28 am
  #4  
On the road again.
Thread Starter
 
Dick Dasterdly's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: On Top of the World
Posts: 17,507
Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Jimmy Savile

Well I've already mentioned myself that he was something of an oddball, but other than that I've always had a neutral opinion of him until these accusations began coming out into the open, though obviously those who follow the gossip columns were already well aware of them.

Not sure what you mean by the kids bestowing favours on him, but the evidence strongly suggests that he was the one who took undue advantage of their attention.

Maybe you didn't see the programme and the evidence presented but I thought it was fairly strong myself and apparently only the tip of the iceberg.

I see the BBC are running around like headless chickens at the moment giving conflicting opinions on what happened under their watch, varying from complete denial and total ignorance through to admitting they put the block on a similar exposure programme themselves.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...=feeds-newsxml


By the way some terrible things have also been said about Hitler since he was dead.
All terribly unfair eh ?

Last edited by Dick Dasterdly; Oct 4th 2012 at 10:43 am.
Dick Dasterdly is offline  
Old Oct 4th 2012, 10:41 am
  #5  
Straw Man.
 
rugbymatt's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2006
Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
Posts: 46,302
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Jimmy Savile

The guy was obviously a pedo! It was a well known open secret in the industry that he liked young girls, one could argue that since all of his conquests were not pre pubescent that he didn't cross a line as far as his peers are concerned but that would be splitting hairs.
rugbymatt is offline  
Old Oct 4th 2012, 12:02 pm
  #6  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 46
RichardP has much to be proud ofRichardP has much to be proud ofRichardP has much to be proud ofRichardP has much to be proud ofRichardP has much to be proud ofRichardP has much to be proud ofRichardP has much to be proud ofRichardP has much to be proud ofRichardP has much to be proud ofRichardP has much to be proud ofRichardP has much to be proud of
Default Re: Jimmy Savile

Rugbymatt ----- be VERY careful what you say and how you state it --- do you have PROOF that he was a pedo -- or are you making an ill informed remark based on what has been said about the man ??.

The one thing that few have mentioned is the fact ---if these allegations were true --- did he entice young girls??--did he force them ?? --- did he "groom" them -------- to be honest I doubt , if it were the case that he did any of thse things.

I would think, and I would suggest it was more a case of these young girls offering themselves, unfortunately most would be at an age where the law would state they were juveniles, so therefore if their advances were accepted and the man, ( because of his stupid ego ) accepted them, the girls, I would suggest, were at the that moment in time totally compliant to what was required of them, they knew exactly what they were doing,and thats why they were in the company of the accused.

The fact they were underage is alarming, the fact that girls of that age were "promoting" themselves like that is frightening.

I put this point of view quite simply because I cannot hosetly believe that this man could, or would, select an innocent young fan from a very large crowd in order to ---"have his pleasures" --- those that say, YEARS LATER --- that he abused them, were at the time, somewhat complicit in the event --- underage or not.

Finally --- if this is the case and he did abuse these young girls --- had they been sixteen / seventeen, in other words NOT a juvenile would there still be the same outcry --- In my opinion there would, simply because we, as a nation -- enjoy seeing the mighty fall
RichardP is offline  
Old Oct 4th 2012, 12:12 pm
  #7  
Straw Man.
 
rugbymatt's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2006
Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
Posts: 46,302
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Jimmy Savile

Originally Posted by RichardP View Post
Rugbymatt ----- be VERY careful what you say and how you state it --- do you have PROOF that he was a pedo -- or are you making an ill informed remark based on what has been said about the man ??.

The one thing that few have mentioned is the fact ---if these allegations were true --- did he entice young girls??--did he force them ?? --- did he "groom" them -------- to be honest I doubt , if it were the case that he did any of thse things.

I would think, and I would suggest it was more a case of these young girls offering themselves, unfortunately most would be at an age where the law would state they were juveniles, so therefore if their advances were accepted and the man, ( because of his stupid ego ) accepted them, the girls, I would suggest, were at the that moment in time totally compliant to what was required of them, they knew exactly what they were doing,and thats why they were in the company of the accused.

The fact they were underage is alarming, the fact that girls of that age were "promoting" themselves like that is frightening.

I put this point of view quite simply because I cannot hosetly believe that this man could, or would, select an innocent young fan from a very large crowd in order to ---"have his pleasures" --- those that say, YEARS LATER --- that he abused them, were at the time, somewhat complicit in the event --- underage or not.

Finally --- if this is the case and he did abuse these young girls --- had they been sixteen / seventeen, in other words NOT a juvenile would there still be the same outcry --- In my opinion there would, simply because we, as a nation -- enjoy seeing the mighty fall
I can pretty much say anything I like on this subject, the site itself already has a disclaimer that the opinions of its members don't express the opinions of the site owners and under that disclaimer banner I am within my rights to express an opinion based on what has been said for the last 40 years often in the open. The man once said himself, in writing, in a biography, that he had. One of his peers sat on TV a couple of nights ago and said that he would not be the only person to be accused from the days of Top of the Pops of similar crimes, he actually said the only ones he knew were not involved were the gay ones.
rugbymatt is offline  
Old Oct 4th 2012, 12:33 pm
  #8  
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Location: In the middle of 10million Olive Trees
Posts: 12,053
Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Jimmy Savile

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly View Post
I see the BBC are running around like headless chickens at the moment giving conflicting opinions on what happened under their watch, varying from complete denial and total ignorance through to admitting they put the block on a similar exposure programme themselves.

By the way some terrible things have also been said about Hitler since he was dead.
All terribly unfair eh ?

afraid, considering the very strait laced attitudes the BBC was founded on that over many decades they have been a closed shop for luvvies of all types. So long as the public wanted them then the BBC wanted them.
too many people in the know have kept quiet, ignored the goings on. Probably extends further than Savile but although the late FIL was involved in film production he kept very quiet about any impropriety.

quite honestly the organisation is corrupt from top to bottom. but then it feeds off public money as well as public acclaim for its people.
it is more than happy to push boundaries, sexual, financial, contractual, couldnt care less.
what can you say about an organisation that pays its managers way above the salary of the Prime Minister and gives them Golden Pensions. ? Then gives them sabbaticals to do their "own thing" and buys up their work for large sums.
what can you say that appoints a new Dirctor General and for 18 months pays his personal company rather than him - therefore no employee stamp and reclaims the VAT. That was only stopped because it was leaked by someone worried about his impartiality.
Ross, Clarkson, and others have their own companies through which they are employed, and Clarkson is selling his share of the Top Gear company for over £3million.

Sexual "perks" for people like Savile and Gadd are just the tip of the iceberg, part of what the BBC turns a blind eye to because they are "famous".

Oh and yes Hitler does get a bad press, but then so did Atilla, Vlad and a few others for a couple of centuries.
Domino is offline  
Old Oct 4th 2012, 12:45 pm
  #9  
On the road again.
Thread Starter
 
Dick Dasterdly's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: On Top of the World
Posts: 17,507
Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Jimmy Savile

Originally Posted by RichardP View Post
Rugbymatt ----- be VERY careful what you say and how you state it --- do you have PROOF that he was a pedo -- or are you making an ill informed remark based on what has been said about the man ??.

The one thing that few have mentioned is the fact ---if these allegations were true --- did he entice young girls??--did he force them ?? --- did he "groom" them -------- to be honest I doubt , if it were the case that he did any of thse things.

I would think, and I would suggest it was more a case of these young girls offering themselves, unfortunately most would be at an age where the law would state they were juveniles, so therefore if their advances were accepted and the man, ( because of his stupid ego ) accepted them, the girls, I would suggest, were at the that moment in time totally compliant to what was required of them, they knew exactly what they were doing,and thats why they were in the company of the accused.

The fact they were underage is alarming, the fact that girls of that age were "promoting" themselves like that is frightening.

I put this point of view quite simply because I cannot hosetly believe that this man could, or would, select an innocent young fan from a very large crowd in order to ---"have his pleasures" --- those that say, YEARS LATER --- that he abused them, were at the time, somewhat complicit in the event --- underage or not.

Finally --- if this is the case and he did abuse these young girls --- had they been sixteen / seventeen, in other words NOT a juvenile would there still be the same outcry --- In my opinion there would, simply because we, as a nation -- enjoy seeing the mighty fall
Had you actually seen the programme and the evidence presented I very much doubt you'd be spouting such absolute nonsense by trying to defend the indefensible, unless of course you enjoy playing devils advocate.


Maybe Saviles own words will give you a better insight into his character and actions.

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/articles/38...phile-gary.htm

Birds of a feather it seems.

Last edited by Dick Dasterdly; Oct 4th 2012 at 12:53 pm.
Dick Dasterdly is offline  
Old Oct 4th 2012, 1:13 pm
  #10  
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: Mar 2011
Location: Girona/Barcelona
Posts: 379
The Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe Beast has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Jimmy Savile

The dark underground world of paedophilia is rampant (I use the term deliberately) amongst all walks of life... It is known about and is covered up from family members, perpetrators, up to and including and victims themselves. But when observers and people who know the facts are implicated in cover-ups and hide the stories to empower their professional status???.......

Nothing shocks or surprises me anymore.

Just from one google question about Tony Blair, Operation ore and Dunblane D notice... and there are dozens of stories.

http://www.propagandamatrix.com/alleged_pedophiles.html

http://www.tpuc.org/node/34

Last edited by The Beast; Oct 4th 2012 at 1:19 pm.
The Beast is offline  
Old Oct 4th 2012, 1:32 pm
  #11  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 5,078
bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Jimmy Savile

Originally Posted by RichardP View Post
Rugbymatt ----- be VERY careful what you say and how you state it --- do you have PROOF that he was a pedo -- or are you making an ill informed remark based on what has been said about the man ??.

The one thing that few have mentioned is the fact ---if these allegations were true --- did he entice young girls??--did he force them ?? --- did he "groom" them -------- to be honest I doubt , if it were the case that he did any of thse things.

I would think, and I would suggest it was more a case of these young girls offering themselves, unfortunately most would be at an age where the law would state they were juveniles, so therefore if their advances were accepted and the man, ( because of his stupid ego ) accepted them, the girls, I would suggest, were at the that moment in time totally compliant to what was required of them, they knew exactly what they were doing,and thats why they were in the company of the accused.

The fact they were underage is alarming, the fact that girls of that age were "promoting" themselves like that is frightening.

I put this point of view quite simply because I cannot hosetly believe that this man could, or would, select an innocent young fan from a very large crowd in order to ---"have his pleasures" --- those that say, YEARS LATER --- that he abused them, were at the time, somewhat complicit in the event --- underage or not.

Finally --- if this is the case and he did abuse these young girls --- had they been sixteen / seventeen, in other words NOT a juvenile would there still be the same outcry --- In my opinion there would, simply because we, as a nation -- enjoy seeing the mighty fall
Poor Old Jimmie heh used and abused by these awful girls yes they can be very persausive at 12 can't they.

Put the blame on them not the dirty old man taking advantage eh. he was an adult when these things that were mentioned on the program were taking place they were children. Even accepting what you say about throwing themselves at him??? he should have known better. Your theory may have had some weight if he was an up and coming pop star 18/20 years but not in his late 30's.

As Domino mentions as a young lad in the pubs in Yorkshire late 60's 70's and using a pub he used to visit (believe he had DJ'd there) there were rumours about him.
From the program and what I've read I am of the believe that this is true. Had it just been say the girls from 1 school then maybe not. But this was over a widespread area and time with identical MO's by people who didn't know each other but same age at time of incident.

A lot of people do seem to have been aware or at least had suspicions and did nothing. Sadly may of them would have been young themselves at the time and trying to get on in the BBC / showbusiness and afraid of repercussions. They will now just have to live with the fact that maybe they could have done something but didn't.

You have a relevant point re poss compensation through criminal injuries but I can't see that being a motivating factor for all. I think the main problem for a lot of these girls is they blame themselves and no doubt wanted to just leave it in the past. After all you clearly blame them!

It is a pity that he was not tried and sentenced while alive and had to face the humiliation he deserved. Surely given the weight of evidence the least they can do is remove the MBE and Knighthood.
bobd22 is offline  
Old Oct 4th 2012, 1:44 pm
  #12  
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Location: In the middle of 10million Olive Trees
Posts: 12,053
Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Jimmy Savile

Oh come on bobd, criminal injuries payment when they reported it 40 years ago but not now, and not when someone hasnt been charged.
A guy I know punched me when we were at school and I had a bruise on my arm for a week, perhaps I should claim criminal injuries

one girl is said to have an abortion and repaid her grandmother for the cost over several years. so what did her mother and grandmother say and do about it.? And where was the father and grandfather whilst all this was going on.

considering the area he came from it seems surprising he wasnt taken down a pit for a few hours and shown the error of his ways. (if he did it of course)
Domino is offline  
Old Oct 4th 2012, 1:54 pm
  #13  
On the road again.
Thread Starter
 
Dick Dasterdly's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: On Top of the World
Posts: 17,507
Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Jimmy Savile

Originally Posted by bobd22 View Post
It is a pity that he was not tried and sentenced while alive and had to face the humiliation he deserved. Surely given the weight of evidence the least they can do is remove the MBE and Knighthood.
Well there's a start.


http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2012...n_1935350.html

Shame, I'm sure he would have approved of the location.
Dick Dasterdly is offline  
Old Oct 4th 2012, 1:55 pm
  #14  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 5,078
bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Jimmy Savile

Domino I was merely saying in response to Richards comment that he may have a point in possible motivation for some and that is a MAY. I wouldn't surprise me that some ambulance chasing type lawyer may have put it in to someones head. But I do agree length of time without reporting etc. Plus as I said definately " but I can't see that being a motivating factor for all".
Also even without a complaint the independant woman who walked into his dressing room and saw him with his hand up a girls skirt and tongue down her throat.
On a side note I seem to recall it is only a short while ago that they sold of his treasures etc at auction, I wonder how happy the people that bought them are now?
bobd22 is offline  
Old Oct 4th 2012, 1:58 pm
  #15  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 5,078
bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Jimmy Savile

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly View Post
Well there's a start.


http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2012...n_1935350.html

Shame, I'm sure he would have approved of the location.
Yes I believe they have had to remove plaques etc to prevent them being damaged maybe even his grave stone.
Mind one more thing he was burried at a 45 deg angle so apparently he had a view of Scarborough Bay, maybe they should replant him upside down.
bobd22 is offline  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2022 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.