Jimmy Savile

Old Oct 20th 2012, 9:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Rambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Jimmy Savile

Anyone recognise the term 'jail bait'?

It's illegal to have sex with children however old they look, however sophisticated they seem to be and even if they throw themselves at you. It is incumbent on the adult to say no.

I fully understand the point Jo makes about young girls. Some of them are pretty scary nowadays although as I remember it childhood lasted a bit longer in the 1970's. None of the girls I knew were sexually active until they were at least 16 or 17 and the boys took even longer.

It will be interesting to see what happens to the teacher who ran away to France with the 15 year old. I suspect that won't get followed up and to my mind nor should it, she was clearly not being kidnapped, she's not that far off the legal age and (presumably) he's not a serial offender.

I argued 'innocent until proven guilty' on another thread on here (the one about the murdered girl found in the attic, I'm ashamed to say I can't even remember her name now). In that case the media had convicted the grandmothers boyfriend without any clear evidence and until the police make their case I felt there was always a possibility of his innocence.

I think the Savile case is different because there seem to be numerous instances of people who witnessed or were aware of his behaviour. Its not just a list of alleged victims who may be jumping on the bandwagon or hoping for compensation, its a long list of nurses and and others as well as police admitting complaints were made that were never followed up.

In the end nothing can be done about Jimmy. So what if they take away his knighthood? Its not going to bother him now is it. What really matters is that all these institutions particularly the BBC take a good hard look at themselves and make sure it can't happen now or in the future.

As I've said before, what really sickens me is those who were adults at the time trying to get some media attention by claiming something happened to them. Today its Kerry Katona: 'Jimmy Savile looked at me in a pervy way' She must have been so traumatised. To report that in the same way as a 12 year old in a childrens home getting groomed for sex
Old Oct 20th 2012, 9:38 am

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy View Post
This isn't a court of law you know. Its an ex pat forum where people can express their individual views. Just because other peoples views don't coincide with yours, it doesnt mean that they are "ignorant"
I think this posting should be at the top of each page as a reminder to posters.
Old Oct 20th 2012, 9:42 am
FreeThinker

jimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jojojojojo View Post
You dont know that. As you rightly point out, all we know is whats been reported by the media and thats all been sensationalised and made newsworthy - its open season on Savile.

I dont believe he was a pervert or a paedophile - I believe if had been, it would have not been covered up, it would have been brought to light when it happened and he wouldnt have been "sir Jimmy", he'd have been a "Michael Jackson".

He was probably a bloke, like many others who found himself or engineered himself into a position where he was surrounded by pretty young girls, all "glammed up", looking way above their years and he took advantage. Whats that crude saying that I've heard many a man say "I'll bet they're gagging for it" - well he took advantage of his position and the girls eagerness to be grown up and to be special to a celebrity. Wrong yes, stupid yes, but I dont think it was much more than that - but hey, what do any of us know???? Oh yes, what the gutter press have cleverly worded to incriminate him and we all fall for it!!!

Jo xxx
I don't doubt that you are right - that he took advantage of girls who were 'up for it' - which is of course not right but not as wrong as fiddling with kids in hospital and disturbed girls in Broadmoor which is what is also alleged.

This is why I say he was probably both an opportunist dirty old man and a more sinister child molester.

(if what is being said is true of course)
Old Oct 20th 2012, 10:06 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RichardP View Post
Typical "muck-spreader" reply, he's guilty is he???, based on media muck spreading, I just hope to god no-one starts baying for your blood just on someone elses say so. And why shout, simply because the "tunnelled visionaries" amongst us are trying to hang a dead man on the say so of unproven facts.

As I have said before, let it be judged in a court of law, and then, if he is found guilty you can vent your spleens demanding this that and the other, but by that time he'll be old news and you vigilantes will no doubt have another "innocent till proven guilty" to bray your mindless brains at.
Look, your views are your views, but please stop referring to the other posters as mindless, ignorant and vigilantes in your holier than thou attitude as it does you no favours and is not in the best interests of the discussion. Thank you for your cooperation.
Old Oct 20th 2012, 10:23 am

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

well this discussion is keeping Kate's nude photo's off the boards
Old Oct 20th 2012, 10:30 am
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

It's strange that there are still people around who take the attitude "she was asking for it gov" as an excuse for abuse/rape. Implies it's ok for an aging celeb to shag 14 year olds (or younger in some cases!) cos she wore a short skirt and a smile
Old Oct 20th 2012, 10:48 am
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jackytoo View Post
It's strange that there are still people around who take the attitude "she was asking for it gov" as an excuse for abuse/rape. Implies it's ok for an aging celeb to shag 14 year olds (or younger in some cases!) cos she wore a short skirt and a smile
Sadly I suppose there'll always be apologists around trying to justify his actions, possibly because they want to go on believing what they have always believed, that the sun shone out of his backside and can't get their heads around the fact or accept that they have been so totally wrong for so many years
Old Oct 20th 2012, 11:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Pocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond repute

What do people think about John Peel, who (allegedly) had a relationship with a 15 year old girl when he was 30? She claims he was the father of her baby. Just as illegal as what Savile (allegedly) did, but I find it hard to place them in the same category.
Old Oct 20th 2012, 11:42 am
Happy in my bubble

Sam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pocaloca View Post
What do people think about John Peel, who (allegedly) had a relationship with a 15 year old girl when he was 30? She claims he was the father of her baby. Just as illegal as what Savile (allegedly) did, but I find it hard to place them in the same category.
I havent a clue who he is but if he did have a relationship with her he should be punished - she is underage - as said above - even if they are supposedly up for it its still illegal - im sure if it where their sons/daughters that had been fiddled with or had sex with im sure they would be feeling very different about it - i know id skin the bastard alive if anyone had touched my lads xxxxx
Old Oct 20th 2012, 11:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Pocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sam Greenfield View Post
I havent a clue who he is but if he did have a relationship with her he should be punished - she is underage - as said above - even if they are supposedly up for it its still illegal - im sure if it where their sons/daughters that had been fiddled with or had sex with im sure they would be feeling very different about it - i know id skin the bastard alive if anyone had touched my lads xxxxx
You don't know who John Peel is?
Old Oct 20th 2012, 11:54 am
Happy in my bubble

Sam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond repute

No - i take it he's someone important then - i'll go and google him now coz i might know his face - if hes on telly i dont watch much and i never read newspapers or listen to the news as it says or used to say under my name - im happy in my bubble xxxxx
Old Oct 20th 2012, 11:56 am
Happy in my bubble

Yeh i recognise his face but i couldnt tell you what hes been in xxxxx
Old Oct 20th 2012, 12:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Sam Greenfield View Post
Yeh i recognise his face but i couldnt tell you what hes been in xxxxx
Only the greatest DJ ever ...

The girl had an abortion but didn't tell him about the pregnancy until 30 years later.
Old Oct 20th 2012, 12:03 pm
Happy in my bubble

Only the greatest DJ ever ...

The girl had an abortion but didn't tell him about the pregnancy until 30 years later.
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh if i said i was rubbish with names would you believe me hahahahaha xxxxx
Old Oct 20th 2012, 12:39 pm

Default Re: Jimmy Saville

considering the work he did could be called the most successful DJ in the UK, perhaps even the world.

according to Wiki
According to Peel, he had a lot of affairs with young girls and women. In an interview with the Guardian in 1975 he stated: "All they wanted me to do was abuse them, sexually, which, of course, I was only too happy to do". In 1989 he told another journalist: "Girls used to queue up outside oral sex they were particularly keen on, I remember one of my regular customers, as it were, turned out to be 13, though she looked older."

While in Dallas, in 1965,
{when he was 26} he married his first wife, Shirley Anne Milburn, then aged 15, in what Peel later described as a "mutual defence pact". The marriage was never happy and although she accompanied Peel back to Britain in 1967, they were soon separated. The divorce became final in 1973. Shirley Anne Milburn later took her own life

I understand that he was barred from DJing in certain states because of his marriage/relationship as they had higher age of responsibility than Texas.

Peel died in 2004 aged 65 however, he had built up a huge recording library and a reputation for promoting many up and coming bands on his various broadcasts, for which he received an OBE.

Not wishing to condone anything he may have done, I am not (at this moment) aware of anything illegal after he married in 1974

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.