Gibraltar

Old Jan 22nd 2015, 1:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gibraltar

Originally Posted by Fredbargate
Mike a while back when this topic was raised I looked into it

I could only find one boat offering charters and that was on a part time basis after the owner had done his day job.
B.......r, and I was planning my next trip to Gib around game fishing, too.
Old Jan 22nd 2015, 2:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MikeJ
B.......r, and I was planning my next trip to Gib around game fishing, too.
Sorry Mike but it appears not to be as lucrative as some would have us believe
Old Jan 22nd 2015, 3:38 pm
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

Mike a while back when this topic was raised I looked into it

I could only find one boat offering charters and that was on a part time basis after the owner had done his day job.
You should read your own tourist boards promotion of sport fishing which specifically mentions tuna and the number of operators.

But even in the land of la la you were right given in your words that Gibraltar does not have a fishing fleet and only 1 part time charter boat why in your part of the universe does Gibraltar need a quota for bluefin. Who in la la land is going to catch them ?????
Old Jan 22nd 2015, 3:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EMR
You should read your own tourist boards promotion of sport fishing which specifically mentions tuna and the number of operators.
Once again unsubstantiated with no links
Old Jan 22nd 2015, 3:57 pm
Banned

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

it's generally referred to as an "opinion" I believe.

And you know what they say about opinions...
Old Jan 22nd 2015, 4:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

la mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EMR

But even in the land of la la you were right given in your words that Gibraltar does not have a fishing fleet and only 1 part time charter boat why in your part of the universe does Gibraltar need a quota for bluefin. Who in la la land is going to catch them ?????
I’m glad you’re still here. I asked you before if it’s only Gib catching Bluefin tuna you object to, or is it Bluefin tuna fishing worldwide you object to?
Old Jan 22nd 2015, 5:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Garcia accuses Spanish Government of three-pronged attack against Gibraltar

Date: 22 January 2015

The Deputy Chief Minister, Joseph García, has accused the Spanish Government of carrying out a three-pronged attack against Gibraltar, by land, air and sea, in a continuation of the policy started by General Franco half a century ago. In a speech during his latest lobbying trip to Brussels, Dr. García highlighted the border restrictions and incursions by Spanish military aircraft and state vessels and said Spain cannot be allowed to hold the whole of Europe to ransom in pursuit of her narrow political interests.

Before addressing the European Policy Centre think tank this afternoon, Joseph García and the director of the GIB Office in Brussels, Sir Graham Watson, visited the Gibraltar exhibition that's on view in the European Parliament.

The Government says the timing of the exhibition could not be better, coinciding as it does with Spain's attempts to exclude Gibraltar from the latest civil aviation legislation and the European Commission's investigations into the situation at the land frontier. Sir Graham Watson agreed.

Dr. García's talk at the European Policy Centre was entitled: "Gibraltar and the EU - Challenges and Perspectives". He said Gibraltar's existence in Europe was almost boring until 1986 when Spain joined, and then the fireworks began. Madrid has consistently sought to make life difficult for the Rock, especially at the frontier, which he described as a new Berlin Wall.

And the situation for Gibraltar will be even worse if the UK ever decides to leave the EU. The Deputy Chief Minister said there are hundreds of millions of Europeans in 28 EU Member States, and there are also 30 thousand Europeans in a small and often forgotten corner of the Union. He concluded that both the Government and the people of Gibraltar would welcome any support they get in securing their rights for the future.

GBC | Gibraltar Broadcasting Corporation
Old Jan 22nd 2015, 5:16 pm
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by la mancha
I’m glad you’re still here. I asked you before if it’s only Gib catching Bluefin tuna you object to, or is it Bluefin tuna fishing worldwide you object to?
I am against the over exp!oitation of any endagered species. I would not customise any restaurant that served bluefin not that there are many reputable chefs who would serve it anyway.
As for Fred's claim he should look at the official Gibraltar tourist site VisitGib. No doubt he will pretend that this too does not exist.
Old Jan 22nd 2015, 5:24 pm
Banned

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EMR
I am against the over exp!oitation of any endagered species. I would not customise any restaurant that served bluefin not that there are many reputable chefs who would serve it anyway.
As for Fred's claim he should look at the official Gibraltar tourist site VisitGib. No doubt he will pretend that this too does not exist.
I agree. I wouldn't customise any restaurant. There are many that are poorly decorated, but I think that's their problem, not mine.

Anyway, since you're back to the fish story again, I think you may be better served to just start a new thread. Perhaps entitle it "Bluefin Tuna - Good or bad?" or something like that. I'm sure it would be a hot topic.
Old Jan 22nd 2015, 5:39 pm
EMR
Banned

Originally Posted by amideislas
I agree. I wouldn't customise any restaurant. There are many that are poorly decorated, but I think that's their problem, not mine.

Anyway, since you're back to the fish story again, I think you may be better served to just start a new thread. Perhaps entitle it "Bluefin Tuna - Good or bad?" or something like that. I'm sure it would be a hot topic.
I would have thought that someone with your intellect would have realised that this is not about bluefin but the two faced environmental approach of the Gibraltarian authorities.
It claimed that the reef which caused so many problems with the neighbours was done because GiB wants to protect fish stocks etc etc yet follows this up with granting itself a quota for one of the worlds most threatened fish.
What next I wonder ??
Old Jan 22nd 2015, 5:52 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=amideislas;11541877]I agree. I wouldn't customise any restaurant. There are many that are poorly decorated, but I think that's their problem, not mine.[/ QUOTE]

Must admit one of the most entertaining aspects of this thread is to pop in and have a chuckle at his latest faux pas.
Old Jan 22nd 2015, 6:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by EMR
the official Gibraltar tourist site VisitGib
Well yes because having googled it I can find no site named VisitGib

However if you would post a link I am sure I will be able to comment

How many times have you failed to post links?
Old Jan 22nd 2015, 6:26 pm
EMR
Banned

Well yes because having googled it I can find no site named VisitGib

However if you would post a link I am sure I will be able to comment

How many times have you failed to post links?
You obviously need a new PC or one that is linked to the 21st century . I think that not for the first time your are being obtuse . It is your countries official tourst site even you should be able to find it.
Old Jan 22nd 2015, 6:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by EMR
You obviously need a new PC or one that is linked to the 21st century . I think that not for the first time your are being obtuse . It is your countries official tourst site even you should be able to find it.
I will take that as the website VisitGib does not exist then as you cannot post a link

Another figment of your imagination.

By the way were is your response to post 2291

I would also think it is time La Mancha got a reply

Last edited by Fredbargate; Jan 22nd 2015 at 6:37 pm.
Old Jan 22nd 2015, 7:02 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by EMR
I would have thought that someone with your intellect would have realised that this is not about bluefin but the two faced environmental approach of the Gibraltarian authorities.
I was delighted to see you dump the fish story in favour of a new atrocity: "duplicitous actions", but you ultimately chose to return to the fish story.
Fark knows why, it's not working for you at all.

Originally Posted by EMR
It claimed that the reef which caused so many problems with the neighbours was done because GiB wants to protect fish stocks etc etc yet follows this up with granting itself a quota for one of the worlds most threatened fish.
yeah, blah blah blah...

Originally Posted by EMR
What next I wonder ??
That's exactly what I was thinking (hoping).

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.