Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

DJ's Infamous Eight thread

Wikiposts

DJ's Infamous Eight thread

Old Apr 23rd 2007, 2:55 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: DJ's Infamous Eight thread

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
smart arse!
You can post youtube alright, lol
Old Apr 23rd 2007, 2:56 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
why am I screwing up internal links then?
Old Apr 23rd 2007, 2:58 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
I've just got that!

Bit slow today, raging hangover!
Old Apr 23rd 2007, 3:07 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
why am I screwing up internal links then?
Dont know, type click on the address, right click and select copy, type HERE and hilite it, click the world/link, right click in address window and paste, click ok.
Attached Thumbnails DJ's Infamous Eight thread-rug.jpg  
Old Apr 23rd 2007, 4:14 am
In Estepona

onlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond repute

HOLA!!! I made it!!

Well i certinately cant say ive had quite the same journey as Keri, but mines certinately been fun. Got to the airport this morning with a heavy suitcase and had to pay Ā£30 to put it on the plane coz it was 5 kilos over what the allowed limit was. OK fair enough no problem.

Anyway the flight went fine.. now it was my understanding that the planes fly out into the sea turn round and land into malaga.. well not today. Either way I landed in a sunny spain and alls good! Was actually talking to an ex pat on the flight and she does property rentals in a nice area that oculd be worth looking at in the future. So good stuff!

Thank you to torremar rent a car, once i picked suitcase up which arrived pretty sharpish, there was a guy waiting for me. I got the car I wanted, a great seat Ibiza diesel. And was away from malaga airport pretty quickly.

Thats when the stupidity set in. Couldnt find the hotel despite having a sat nav.. ok the sat nav was a little out and then it ran out of batteries, so i had to park up and dig through the suitcase to get the charger and cradle out and got that attached. Managed to fill the car up no problems at all. And i was on my way. Up the hills i went.. hmm wheres the hotel? down the hill i went.. hmm wheres the hotel.. up the hills i want.. hmm wheres the hotel? Down some cobbled streets in a lovely place might have been mijas itself almost ran loads of people over.. down the hill. and OH YEAH ITS THERE!! how blind was i??!!!?!?!

So yup, all checked into the hotel no problem. Gets the laptop out and yeah theres wifi internet in the lobby, so im sat here with 15 minutes of battery going.

Now other problem, trying to contact keri, havnt managed to get a sim card for my mobile yet, so will probably give him a call from hotel phone. Be fine, then ill go and meet him i think. Ready for some grub and a drink. Though he's in fuengirola so ill probably have a drive down there.

Wow im here!!

Dont know what to do with myself now! hehehehe. Its just madness lol.
Its also 18:15! arghhh getting late. heheh Of course the hours gone on.

Anyway be glad to be all refreshed in the morning. Its a lovely place.

I'll keep you updated!
Old Apr 23rd 2007, 4:18 am
BE Enthusiast

mrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Andrew, glad you made it in one piece, it is easy to get to places once you have been in area for awhile, but I remember getting hopelessly lost in Fuengirola on our first visit, now I think to myself "how come we did not know where to go" easy ha ha

Keep us all posted with your travels etc., and hope you meet up with Kerri ok
Old Apr 23rd 2007, 4:32 am
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

Happy to hear you have arrived safely Andrew Benalmadena is a lovely place you will have to visit the marina - beautiful when it's lit up at night, though it's a few years since I was there. Have fun and hope you meet up with Keri soon
Old Apr 23rd 2007, 4:42 am
BE Forum Addict

TheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by onlineamiga
HOLA!!! I made it!!

Well i certinately cant say ive had quite the same journey as Keri, but mines certinately been fun. Got to the airport this morning with a heavy suitcase and had to pay Ā£30 to put it on the plane coz it was 5 kilos over what the allowed limit was. OK fair enough no problem.

Anyway the flight went fine.. now it was my understanding that the planes fly out into the sea turn round and land into malaga.. well not today. Either way I landed in a sunny spain and alls good! Was actually talking to an ex pat on the flight and she does property rentals in a nice area that oculd be worth looking at in the future. So good stuff!

Thank you to torremar rent a car, once i picked suitcase up which arrived pretty sharpish, there was a guy waiting for me. I got the car I wanted, a great seat Ibiza diesel. And was away from malaga airport pretty quickly.

Thats when the stupidity set in. Couldnt find the hotel despite having a sat nav.. ok the sat nav was a little out and then it ran out of batteries, so i had to park up and dig through the suitcase to get the charger and cradle out and got that attached. Managed to fill the car up no problems at all. And i was on my way. Up the hills i went.. hmm wheres the hotel? down the hill i went.. hmm wheres the hotel.. up the hills i want.. hmm wheres the hotel? Down some cobbled streets in a lovely place might have been mijas itself almost ran loads of people over.. down the hill. and OH YEAH ITS THERE!! how blind was i??!!!?!?!

So yup, all checked into the hotel no problem. Gets the laptop out and yeah theres wifi internet in the lobby, so im sat here with 15 minutes of battery going.

Now other problem, trying to contact keri, havnt managed to get a sim card for my mobile yet, so will probably give him a call from hotel phone. Be fine, then ill go and meet him i think. Ready for some grub and a drink. Though he's in fuengirola so ill probably have a drive down there.

Wow im here!!

Dont know what to do with myself now! hehehehe. Its just madness lol.
Its also 18:15! arghhh getting late. heheh Of course the hours gone on.

Anyway be glad to be all refreshed in the morning. Its a lovely place.

I'll keep you updated!
Congrats to you Andrew.

I wait with anticipation in regards to what fun episodes you and keri are going to post.
Old Apr 23rd 2007, 4:42 am
BE Forum Addict

TheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Keri2323
I arrived! That was horrendous!

Ok, hereĀ“s what happened.

Get on the train and i kid you not it is like a very small prison cell with 4 bunk beds. Already Im thinking, upgrade son, upgrade, but when I ask its 200 euros extra, so IĀ“m about to do some porridge.

Me, 2 Romanians and onehundremileanhourloco Spaniard all fight for space trying to work out which bed is ours. The Romanians are actually really friendly and when I tell in broken Spanish that Im english, they say, "AHHHH!!! David Beckham ya?" I wish amigo We all sit and talk for about 10 minutes and they give me a doughnut and a can of coke, really kind people but they look dodgier than delboy. Im worrying about the night ahead, lol. The spaniard is saying something to me that sounds like ghjwkehfjhjkwhejkfhjkwqhefkhcviiririqfhiowneriocnq iowrnfio si? I say No entiende, lo siento amigo, 300 times.

They eat their Ā“dinnerĀ“which comprises of a ton of salami, with bread, philadelphia cheese, 2 packs of doughnuts and a gallon of coke, then the bigger Romanion takes off his trousers straight away to go to sleep. Thats my cue to leave i believe and I head for the bar where I spend 4 hours chatting to old speediospaniard and I understand about 10%.

When I go back to the room, it smells like a tramps armpit with more than a hint of salami. So i jusp on my bunk and turn on my head phone, plug up my nose with tissue and eventually drift off.

I caught the Bulgarian girls in the morning and said my many thanks and bought them some breakfast as a thank you. We didnt swap numbers as i couldnt understand a word they said unless it was basic Spanish, but they were lovely people.

So im in Malaga, waiting for a text off Andrew so I can find out where to look for digs. Does anyoone know what part he is ggoing to?

Cheers, love Keri x

Good going keri.
Old Apr 23rd 2007, 4:54 am
Forum Regular

Big_john is just really niceBig_john is just really niceBig_john is just really niceBig_john is just really niceBig_john is just really niceBig_john is just really niceBig_john is just really niceBig_john is just really niceBig_john is just really niceBig_john is just really nice

Congratulations and a warm welcome to Spain ........I hope that you and keri have a great time
Old Apr 23rd 2007, 5:08 am
Eve
BE Enthusiast

Eve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud of

Well done Andrew, I should think you and keri are quite unique, having this adventure together while keeping the world of expectant espanoles in touch with your adventures. Wish you all the luck and don't let the sun( I hope) sea, sangria and .....whats that other little word that starts with "s"! go to your head, have fun but SAFE fun.
Keep us posted, it is a lovely area and do take the time to explore, travel east of Malaga too, there are also lovely places that way and inland of course.
take care,
Luv Eve
Old Apr 23rd 2007, 6:56 am
Eve
BE Enthusiast

Eve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud of

Oh no , getting withdrawal symptoms, no more news. I am sure they are enjoying themselves and we will have to wait!!!
Luv to all
Eve
Old Apr 23rd 2007, 7:12 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Eve
Oh no , getting withdrawal symptoms, no more news. I am sure they are enjoying themselves and we will have to wait!!!
Luv to all
Eve
Eve, the will have met up, gotton on famously and gone on the &^%$ err gone for a drink or 12
Old Apr 23rd 2007, 8:03 am
Eve
BE Enthusiast

Hi all, just had a quick chat with keri, msn, he is ok, they have met up, and no more adventures........yet!!
Eve
Old Apr 23rd 2007, 8:05 am
BE Forum Addict

brisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Andrew!

Great to hear you've arrived safely, and that things seem to be going well for you

It sounds like you've got a nice to stay (now you've found it ) so that's half the battle.

Hope you and Keri have managed to meet up by now, and are having a great time together.
We're all here, waiting with bated breath you know..................................

Bienvenidos a tu vida nueva en EspaƱa!

All good wishes, from
Sam x

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.