Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

DJ's Infamous Eight thread

Wikiposts

DJ's Infamous Eight thread

Old Apr 18th 2007, 8:03 am
BE Enthusiast

jeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nice
Default Re: DJ's Infamous Eight thread

Originally Posted by Keri2323
Ah bum.

I have made my way down to Blanes and it is VERY Spanish indeed! I mean to the point there are no english bars or people at all and its taken me 2 hours to find an internet cafe. My spanish has improved 10 fold already I also went to a couple of hotels and they are quoting around 50 euros a night, which i think is excessive.

I havent eaten yet and I am hot and knackered, so Im gonna get a taxi back to Lloret de mar where they quoted me around 30 euros a night, have some dinner then go chill in a beach bar before sleeping peacefully.

I think Ive walked about 8 miles today, which is the plan, so its all good.

Its very weird at the mo, a tad lonely, but i exprected that
You haven't wasted any time finding your feet. Hope all goes well for you.. have a good nights sleep..
Old Apr 18th 2007, 8:08 am
BE Forum Addict

brisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond repute

Well done Keri!

Great news about the job - really hope it works out for you.

Still, if for any reason it doesn't, I'm sure you'll have no problems finding other work. You're definitely not slow in that department (or in any other, I'm sure! )

Hope you have a nice restful sleep tonight, and that everything continues to go well for you

Hugs from,
Sam x
Old Apr 18th 2007, 8:36 am
Fed up in England!!

silverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to behold

Much love to you sweetie, im in one now, they arent all that bad!

I feel MUCH better now! I found a hostel in Lloret De Mar for 18 euros a night and she said she would charge me 15 euros a night if I booked the whole week. Which after tonight I definitely will. Its a nice place, Im on my own, with own bathroom so no sharing.

I went in some english typey bar and started speaking to the chef guy, and he said he needs an assistant but it will be hot, and hard work etc. I said i dont care as i love cooking anyway (I genuinely do) so he said if Im serious, he would train me up with all the certificates etc.!!!!

So I think I got my first job too

I dont like to mess about Love to you all, the sun is making me immensely happy, I can feel my face burning and its awesome!
Oh bless you, you are so brave, I wish I could be like you, it took me 2 weeks to get the courage to ask for 'Dos cafe con leche por favour!' I suppose bravery comes with youth and as I'm an old bird in her 40's it'll take me a while!
I'm thinking of having hypnotherapy to try and help! My 7 year old is less of a wuss!
It'll be so interesting reading of your adventures, Sleep tight, don't let the bed bugs bite!!! lolol
Old Apr 18th 2007, 10:12 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by silverchick
Oh bless you, you are so brave, I wish I could be like you, it took me 2 weeks to get the courage to ask for 'Dos cafe con leche por favour!'
Dos cafes con leche por favour, por favour
Old Apr 18th 2007, 10:40 am
BE Forum Addict

brisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Dos cafes con leche por favour, por favour
Por favor even!!
Old Apr 18th 2007, 7:08 pm
I have a member

Keri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really nice

Hi guys! Thanks as always for the lovely comments.

Woke up this morning with a beautiful hangover Didnt sleep much, even though I went to bed early, think Im getting used to climate and surroundings. (I had that, where the hell am i moment at 4am this morning, I couldnt quite grasp where I was!)

I spent the night with some fabulous 40 something Yorkshire crowd last night. It was lovely, no hassles, no fights and no bloody chavs. I always seem to get on better with people older than me! Lol.

Im off to buy a Spanish sim card today, so I´ll post the number on here if anyone wants it?

Shorts, T-Shirt, flip flops, man bag and MP3 player for me today! Decided to stay in this lovely hostal for another week before I brave the tent life, and hoping to secure that job later.

Only downer is that I miss my (ex) girlfriend terribly at the moment. I think its because the last time I was in Spain, I was living with her. She did send me a lovely text last night which cheered me up immensely, as when I left things were a little ´tense´between us. lol. But Im pretty cool apart from that. In fact very cool.

Im meeting up with my spanish friends tonight, who are slowly becoming famous in Spain, here they are http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=jamesjamesbondbond anyone heard of them yet? There are links to the TV shows they have done. So that will be a cool night.

Anyone thinking of moving, honestly, really should. And now.

Adios amigos x
Old Apr 18th 2007, 8:00 pm
I have a member

Keri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really nice

New number is 617731991
Old Apr 18th 2007, 8:06 pm
In Estepona

onlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond repute

Hi keri, thanks ever so much for posting back your adventures on the thread, it makes amazing reading, and knowing that ill be doing the same in 4 days from now is really making my stomach flutter like nothing else.

I cant believe you may have found a job already, sod the tent life, get yourself a studio woo hoo

Its great that youve got in there and managed to find people to talk to straight away. I really hope I manage to do that.

My stomach is in jitters today knowing that the end of the week is approaching being Thursday and on Monday i go and do what youre doing.

Armcharir detective.. really like the idea about the map thing. Ive seen it on other forum, it uses google maps and you can put a pin to where you are against your user name and so on one glance people can see where all the members are. Maybe JDR could have a look into that? Or maybe whoever runs britishexpats.com could do it for everyone

All the best keri.
Old Apr 18th 2007, 8:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

TheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by onlineamiga
Hi keri, thanks ever so much for posting back your adventures on the thread, it makes amazing reading, and knowing that ill be doing the same in 4 days from now is really making my stomach flutter like nothing else.

I cant believe you may have found a job already, sod the tent life, get yourself a studio woo hoo

Its great that youve got in there and managed to find people to talk to straight away. I really hope I manage to do that.

My stomach is in jitters today knowing that the end of the week is approaching being Thursday and on Monday i go and do what youre doing.

Armcharir detective.. really like the idea about the map thing. Ive seen it on other forum, it uses google maps and you can put a pin to where you are against your user name and so on one glance people can see where all the members are. Maybe JDR could have a look into that? Or maybe whoever runs britishexpats.com could do it for everyone

All the best keri.
Keri, Good luck with that job mate.

onlineamiga,
Make sure you update as the same as keri has so far please.

<serioius dad mode>Just so we know you are safe</serioius dad mode>

Maybe the easier way of doing a map thing would be through the personal blog pages, it can be done through php I know. But there's loads of programmer type expert dudes who are members and would know the reality.

Those feeling are called excitement
regards
ACD
ps.
my 512 is still in me garage by the way
Old Apr 18th 2007, 10:12 pm
In Estepona

onlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond repute

You bet ill be on here updating my progress and stuff and no doubt going "Heeeeeeeeeeeelp!" sometimes too. I sometimes wish i was going to the same part of Spain as Keri, but i guess we all have our reasons for the part of spain we choose to go to.

4 days to go. Just got to finish today off at work and somehow get through tomorrow.. then im freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!! Got a nice saturday night planned with my bros before i go away so it should be all fun
Old Apr 18th 2007, 10:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

jeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nice

You bet ill be on here updating my progress and stuff and no doubt going "Heeeeeeeeeeeelp!" sometimes too. I sometimes wish i was going to the same part of Spain as Keri, but i guess we all have our reasons for the part of spain we choose to go to.

4 days to go. Just got to finish today off at work and somehow get through tomorrow.. then im freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!! Got a nice saturday night planned with my bros before i go away so it should be all fun
Just come to terms that I can't afford to go yet and then read keri2323's antics of the last 24 hours and he makes it sound sooooo easy. all the doubts the night before sound like they vanished minute he got off the plane! GOOD LUCK hope you stay as positive about your new life as you are today and you'll never look back....
Old Apr 19th 2007, 1:33 am
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

I can feel your excitement from here Andrew The weekend may seem to drag for you but then suddenly it will be Monday and - you're off

Hope everything works out for you
Old Apr 19th 2007, 1:49 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Much love to you sweetie, im in one now, they arent all that bad!

I feel MUCH better now! I found a hostel in Lloret De Mar for 18 euros a night and she said she would charge me 15 euros a night if I booked the whole week. Which after tonight I definitely will. Its a nice place, Im on my own, with own bathroom so no sharing.

I went in some english typey bar and started speaking to the chef guy, and he said he needs an assistant but it will be hot, and hard work etc. I said i dont care as i love cooking anyway (I genuinely do) so he said if Im serious, he would train me up with all the certificates etc.!!!!

So I think I got my first job too

I dont like to mess about Love to you all, the sun is making me immensely happy, I can feel my face burning and its awesome!
Congratulations..
Old Apr 19th 2007, 1:51 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brisca
Por favor even!!
or dos cafes con leche doble (or grande) por favor. and you get a really nice BIG cup, and it doesn't cost that much extra.
Old Apr 19th 2007, 3:36 am
I have a member

Siesta´s are fab arent they? I finally caught up on some kip, although there was a bit of dodgy moment for the poor cleaner lady earlier, who opened my door to clean my room whilst I was sleeping on the bed. After my shower. Naked She kinda did a 180 degree swing and legged it. Im not sure if she caught a glimpse of ´little kez´ but she would have definitely bagged an eyeful of ´Kez´s bottom´ poor woman.

So I learnt ´Siento´this afternoon, for future reference. And to leave the key in the door whilst sleeping.

Onlineamiga, was good to msn you today my friend, I really hope we get together very soon indeed mate. (Maybe we´ll meet half way and check out a new town or city, kill two birds with one stone?)

Just off for dinner, wont keep boring you with inane stories, its just Ive felt quite looked after whilst being a member here, so apologies if it gets a bit tedious!

Love to all x

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.