Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

DJ's Infamous Eight thread

DJ's Infamous Eight thread

Old Apr 20th 2007, 10:49 pm
I have a member

Keri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really nice
Default Re: DJ's Infamous Eight thread

You guys are all far too cool. Where have you been all my life?

I´m getting used to it here but I think it will be great to meet up with Andrew so I can just have a chat to someone real in the same position, hehe.

I do have a funny story for you though.

I went out last night and was sitting at a the bar with a Polish girl, a Czech girl, a Dutch guy, and me, The Welshman with a girls name. (Surely there is a joke in there too right?)

Anyway, we were all reeling off what Spanish words we knew and I was obviously the one who had little to give at the the moment, so I was listening and learning.

The conversation went towards food, and the Polish girl said what she had to eat tonight, rather loudly across the bar in ´Spanish´. What she meant to say was ´Tonight, I ate chicken´. All of a sudden, the whole bar cracked up laughing, all the Spaniards were laughing, some went red and I sat there confused. When it all died down, someone explained the Chicken is VERY similar to ... er... Willy... .. in Spanish and that she had just proclaimed that earlier that evening she had dined out on the crown jewels.

Thats when I cracked up, after every had stopped laughing. I dont know who was more embarressed, her or me.
Old Apr 20th 2007, 11:01 pm

crispy will become famous soon enoughcrispy will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Keri2323

The conversation went towards food, and the Polish girl said what she had to eat tonight, rather loudly across the bar in ´Spanish´. What she meant to say was ´Tonight, I ate chicken´. All of a sudden, the whole bar cracked up laughing, all the Spaniards were laughing, some went red and I sat there confused. When it all died down, someone explained the Chicken is VERY similar to ... er... Willy... .. in Spanish and that she had just proclaimed that earlier that evening she had dined out on the crown jewels.

Thats when I cracked up, after every had stopped laughing. I dont know who was more embarressed, her or me.

Hi keri, good to see you're still checking in with us, I do hope you do out grow this family you have here.

The young lady you speak of is a girl after my own heart. Rugbymatt has a thread in siesta Spanish Slang for adults, check it out, the first word I clicked on at random was POLLA, so hopefully I won't be making the same mistake.
Old Apr 20th 2007, 11:03 pm
I have a member

Keri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really nice

Originally Posted by crispygirl
Hi keri, good to see you're still checking in with us, I do hope you do out grow this family you have here.

The young lady you speak of is a girl after my own heart. Rugbymatt has a thread in siesta Spanish Slang for adults, check it out, the first word I clicked on at random was POLLA, so hopefully I won't be making the same mistake.
I wont ever outgrow you guys, you are all awesome xxx
Old Apr 21st 2007, 4:00 am
I have a member

I got a phone call this afternoon, Spanish mobile number and it´s some english girl on the end of the line.

"Hello" I say.

"Hi, you won´t know who I am, but my name is Charlotte, I got your number from the piccadily bar on the sea front" (I left my number with the chef there for the job) she says

"Oh ... er... hi, how are you?" I say

"I´m good thanks, this is a bit embarrassing but Ive seen you in there a couple of times, and asked around the bar for your number, i was wondering if you want to go for a drink tonight?" She says

"Er, erm, I don´t see why not, but how will I know it´s you?" I say without conviction

"Oh you will know, what about the Picadilly at 8pm? I´ll come over to you so you know who I am" She says

"Ermmmmm, Ok, see you there, and er... thanks" I say

Now here´s the problem. I really dont want to go, I didn´t come to Spain to go out on dates, i have too much to achieve and do, plus the fact I´m really not over my ex so it would be unfair to her, PLUS the fact I am going to the Costa Del Sol next week. But the picadilly is my ´local´here now, so I don´t want to not go in there. I have met some good friends there. PLUS! What if she looks like Billy Connellys sister, but with more body hair?

What the hell should I do?

Last edited by Keri2323; Apr 21st 2007 at 4:04 am.
Old Apr 21st 2007, 4:06 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

I got a phone call this afternoon, Spanish mobile number and it´s some english girl on the end of the line.

"Hello" I say.

"Hi, you won´t know who I am, but my name is Charlotte, I got your number from the piccadily bar on the sea front" (I left my number with the chef there for the job) she says

"I´m good thanks, this is a bit embarrassing but Ive seen you in there a couple of times, and asked around the bar for your number, i was wondering if you want to go for a drink tonight?" She says

"Er, erm, I don´t see why not, but how will I know it´s you?" I say without conviction

"Oh you will know, what about the Picadilly at 8pm? I´ll come over to you so you know who I am" She says

Now here´s the problem. I really dont want to go, I didn´t come to Spain to go out on dates, i have too much to achieve and do, plus the fact I´m really not over my ex so it would be unfair to her, PLUS the fact I am going to the Costa Del Sol next week. But the picadilly is my ´local´here now, so I don´t want to not go in there. I have met some good friends there. PLUS! What if she looks like Billy Connellys sister, but with more body hair?

Why not go to the bar, meet her and have a chat but tell her that you are 'in recovery' so not wanting any involvement other than making friends in different areas.

Keep it light and non-commital. Have a jolly evening and say goodbye firmly.

Rosemary
Old Apr 21st 2007, 4:09 am

"Hello" I say.

Calm down, it's a drink.

Just go along as norm, (I know you're Keri but be norm) if she comes up to you, be nice and during the evening you can tell her you are off on your travels and that you are meeting up with a buddy next week, and if ever you are ever back in town and she is in the dilly when you are there you will buy her a drink. Simple, sorted. Next question.
Old Apr 21st 2007, 4:11 am

Originally Posted by The Oddities
Why not go to the bar, meet her and have a chat but tell her that you are 'in recovery' so not wanting any involvement other than making friends in different areas.

Keep it light and non-commital. Have a jolly evening and say goodbye firmly.

Rosemary

That's good you got to him first....
Old Apr 21st 2007, 4:13 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by crispygirl
That's good you got to him first....
See great minds do think alike. Or is it our age bracket? No, No it is definitely the greatness of our minds.

Rosemary
Old Apr 21st 2007, 4:16 am
BE Forum Addict

TheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond repute

"Hello" I say.

Keri,
Youve been smoking lentils or something
Someone fancies you. Maybe she's new too and wants a friend.
Maybe her parents own the biggest hotel chain in Spainand are looking for a guy with a man bag and a guitar for a gig or two.
Go and meet her, You never know you might even like her and Billy Connelly's rich

and dont forget, you ex is your EX.
chin up son
Old Apr 21st 2007, 4:23 am
Fed up in England!!

silverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to behold

lolol you must be sooo gorgeous !!! Just think of the courage it took for her to do that!!
Go for a drink, you never know, she could turn out to be your soulmate, if not she could also turn out to be a very good friend,(prob the latter if she does look like Billy Connolly!!) Like another person said, your ex is your ex, if you were meant to be together, she'd either be with you now, or you'd still be in FOLKESTONE!!! ARGHHHH!!!!!!
Old Apr 21st 2007, 4:25 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

"Hello" I say.

there is a very famous scene from Animal House that pretty much sums my thoughts up here.
Old Apr 21st 2007, 4:28 am

Pam Sarky is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
there is a very famous scene from Animal House that pretty much sums my thoughts up here.
Now you have got me wondering about the scene. I have not seen Animal House so can you elaborate?
Old Apr 21st 2007, 4:37 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sam parky
Now you have got me wondering about the scene. I have not seen Animal House so can you elaborate?
I would You tube it but it is very rude.
Old Apr 21st 2007, 4:40 am

Pam Sarky is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
I would You tube it but it is very rude.
At the risk of sounding very dense I have to ask what is You tube?

But no worries I get the gist of Animal House lol.
Old Apr 21st 2007, 5:13 am
Straw Man.

Originally Posted by sam parky
At the risk of sounding very dense I have to ask what is You tube?

But no worries I get the gist of Animal House lol.
The god that is Youtube

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.