Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

DJ's Infamous Eight thread

DJ's Infamous Eight thread

Old Apr 22nd 2007, 6:50 pm
Eve
BE Enthusiast

Eve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud of
Default Re: DJ's Infamous Eight thread

Oooh Lionda, just read your "moving to Spain 10th May" Where are you going? Not long now
Eve
Old Apr 22nd 2007, 7:15 pm
In Estepona

onlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond repute

Just want to say thank you ever so much guys for all your warm support and encouragement in the last couple of months leading my move to spain.

Today it happens.. infact the taxi is due to arrive in 20 minutes!

Case is packed (just about got it closed) - I have a feeling i might be paying some excess baggage when i check in!!! Not because of all the clothes and stuff, but because of all my technology I have packed in there! Cant leave home without laptop, hard drives cables, interface cards etc

I actually slept OK last night, well I think i did, maybe i didnt coz i woke up absolutely knackered. But the main thing is I didnt lay awake all night fretting about the move.

Its SUNNY here in the UK this morning. It looks quite a nice day actually, bit cloudy but there sa few bursts of sun. The weather forecast for malaga is rainy but with some sun.

Once ive landed im going to get myself a spanish sim card then give Keri a ring to see where he is. As i type this he's probably just got off his train in Malaga. I cant believe he's been on a train all night!
I'll ask the dude whos meeting me with the hire car where i could get a spanish pre pay sim card from. Need one kinda straight away as i have about £2 left on my UK one and theres no much point topping it up.

So Ill keep you posted when i arrive!!!

See you in spain!
Old Apr 22nd 2007, 7:19 pm

Pam Sarky is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by onlineamiga
Just want to say thank you ever so much guys for all your warm support and encouragement in the last couple of months leading my move to spain.

Today it happens.. infact the taxi is due to arrive in 20 minutes!

Case is packed (just about got it closed) - I have a feeling i might be paying some excess baggage when i check in!!! Not because of all the clothes and stuff, but because of all my technology I have packed in there! Cant leave home without laptop, hard drives cables, interface cards etc

I actually slept OK last night, well I think i did, maybe i didnt coz i woke up absolutely knackered. But the main thing is I didnt lay awake all night fretting about the move.

Its SUNNY here in the UK this morning. It looks quite a nice day actually, bit cloudy but there sa few bursts of sun. The weather forecast for malaga is rainy but with some sun.

Once ive landed im going to get myself a spanish sim card then give Keri a ring to see where he is. As i type this he's probably just got off his train in Malaga. I cant believe he's been on a train all night!
I'll ask the dude whos meeting me with the hire car where i could get a spanish pre pay sim card from. Need one kinda straight away as i have about £2 left on my UK one and theres no much point topping it up.

So Ill keep you posted when i arrive!!!

See you in spain!
I will be thinking of you all day Take care and post soon.

Sam
Old Apr 22nd 2007, 7:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute

Buena suerte!
Adios!
Hasta luego!
Old Apr 22nd 2007, 8:28 pm
I have a member

Keri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really nice

I arrived! That was horrendous!

Ok, here´s what happened.

Get on the train and i kid you not it is like a very small prison cell with 4 bunk beds. Already Im thinking, upgrade son, upgrade, but when I ask its 200 euros extra, so I´m about to do some porridge.

Me, 2 Romanians and onehundremileanhourloco Spaniard all fight for space trying to work out which bed is ours. The Romanians are actually really friendly and when I tell in broken Spanish that Im english, they say, "AHHHH!!! David Beckham ya?" I wish amigo We all sit and talk for about 10 minutes and they give me a doughnut and a can of coke, really kind people but they look dodgier than delboy. Im worrying about the night ahead, lol. The spaniard is saying something to me that sounds like ghjwkehfjhjkwhejkfhjkwqhefkhcviiririqfhiowneriocnq iowrnfio si? I say No entiende, lo siento amigo, 300 times.

They eat their ´dinner´which comprises of a ton of salami, with bread, philadelphia cheese, 2 packs of doughnuts and a gallon of coke, then the bigger Romanion takes off his trousers straight away to go to sleep. Thats my cue to leave i believe and I head for the bar where I spend 4 hours chatting to old speediospaniard and I understand about 10%.

When I go back to the room, it smells like a tramps armpit with more than a hint of salami. So i jusp on my bunk and turn on my head phone, plug up my nose with tissue and eventually drift off.

I caught the Bulgarian girls in the morning and said my many thanks and bought them some breakfast as a thank you. We didnt swap numbers as i couldnt understand a word they said unless it was basic Spanish, but they were lovely people.

So im in Malaga, waiting for a text off Andrew so I can find out where to look for digs. Does anyoone know what part he is ggoing to?

Cheers, love Keri x
Old Apr 22nd 2007, 8:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

mrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Kerri, well done, may see you soon. Andrew is staying about 10 minutes from us, and is renting car from where I work
Old Apr 22nd 2007, 9:05 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Keri2323
I arrived! That was horrendous!

Ok, here´s what happened.

Get on the train and i kid you not it is like a very small prison cell with 4 bunk beds. Already Im thinking, upgrade son, upgrade, but when I ask its 200 euros extra, so I´m about to do some porridge.

Me, 2 Romanians and onehundremileanhourloco Spaniard all fight for space trying to work out which bed is ours. The Romanians are actually really friendly and when I tell in broken Spanish that Im english, they say, "AHHHH!!! David Beckham ya?" I wish amigo We all sit and talk for about 10 minutes and they give me a doughnut and a can of coke, really kind people but they look dodgier than delboy. Im worrying about the night ahead, lol. The spaniard is saying something to me that sounds like ghjwkehfjhjkwhejkfhjkwqhefkhcviiririqfhiowneriocnq iowrnfio si? I say No entiende, lo siento amigo, 300 times.

They eat their ´dinner´which comprises of a ton of salami, with bread, philadelphia cheese, 2 packs of doughnuts and a gallon of coke, then the bigger Romanion takes off his trousers straight away to go to sleep. Thats my cue to leave i believe and I head for the bar where I spend 4 hours chatting to old speediospaniard and I understand about 10%.

When I go back to the room, it smells like a tramps armpit with more than a hint of salami. So i jusp on my bunk and turn on my head phone, plug up my nose with tissue and eventually drift off.

I caught the Bulgarian girls in the morning and said my many thanks and bought them some breakfast as a thank you. We didnt swap numbers as i couldnt understand a word they said unless it was basic Spanish, but they were lovely people.

So im in Malaga, waiting for a text off Andrew so I can find out where to look for digs. Does anyoone know what part he is ggoing to?

Cheers, love Keri x

Bienvenidos en Espana, welcome..
Old Apr 22nd 2007, 9:48 pm
I have a member

Keri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really nice

Just about to make my way to where andrew will be after checking in and out of the hotel from hell! After spending the evening on the prison train I thought it couldnt be that bad. I wish I took a pìc lol!!!

Hoping there is somewhere nice and cheap near Andrew, can you recommend anywhere mrsjdr? Would be extremly grateful and look forward to meeting you both

And muchos gracias Mike!

Last edited by Keri2323; Apr 22nd 2007 at 9:49 pm. Reason: Because I forgot to say thanks to Mike!
Old Apr 22nd 2007, 9:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

mrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond repute

Just "spoken" to Andrew, he is on plane! Will PM you
Old Apr 22nd 2007, 10:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

brisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond repute

Hiya Keri!

I just knew we could count on you for yet another descriptive tale!
Eve will be proud of you

Well done for surviving the train journey

Hope you can find somewhere to stay soon. Maybe it's worth waiting to see if there's any room where Andrew's going??
Mind you, after last night's escapade I'm sure you'd like a bit of sleep right now?

I was thinking that Big Buddha would probably really like the sound of your train "cell!"
If he starts feeling a bit "homesick" whilst he's in Spain this week, he might like to try the train for a bit of "security"??

Anyway, thinking of you and hoping that you meet up with Andrew OK later.
Take good care, and try and get your head down for a few hours
(Make sure you're in the shade though - you don't want to end up looking like a lobster!)

Love and hugs,
Sam xx
Old Apr 22nd 2007, 10:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brisca
Hiya Keri!

I just knew we could count on you for yet another descriptive tale!
Eve will be proud of you

Well done for surviving the train journey

Hope you can find somewhere to stay soon. Maybe it's worth waiting to see if there's any room where Andrew's going??
Mind you, after last night's escapade I'm sure you'd like a bit of sleep right now?

I was thinking that Big Buddha would probably really like the sound of your train "cell!"
If he starts feeling a bit "homesick" whilst he's in Spain this week, he might like to try the train for a bit of "security"??

Anyway, thinking of you and hoping that you meet up with Andrew OK later.
Take good care, and try and get your head down for a few hours
(Make sure you're in the shade though - you don't want to end up looking like a lobster!)

Love and hugs,
Sam xx
Brisca..you little rascal...thank you for thinking of me..but it's all sorted, I have a "secure" room off the Almacen constructed by my Jailers..errr builders, very nice...it has straw.....
Old Apr 22nd 2007, 11:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

brisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond repute

Glad to hear you're all sorted in the accommodation department BB!

Is it tomorow you're setting off from Blighty?
I do hope all goes well with your journey, and that you don't get your Mulligatawny soup confiscated at Customs!!
After all, they may just consider locking you up on the grounds that who on earth would want to eat (spicy?) soup in heat like this!?!

Seriously, hope all goes well for you, and that your home is at the stage of build you expect it to be!?

Will you keep us posted please?
We have to know that you're safe and well, otherwise Big Pete will start us all off worrying again!

Take care,
Sam.
Old Apr 23rd 2007, 12:03 am
Eve
BE Enthusiast

Eve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud of

Keri,
you never fail to keep everyone amazed, have to go back to work now. Hope you meet Andrew ok and he hasn't had a journey that lives up to your adventures. Take it easy for a while we can't keep up!!!
Luv Eve
Old Apr 23rd 2007, 12:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Bigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brisca
Glad to hear you're all sorted in the accommodation department BB!

Is it tomorow you're setting off from Blighty?
I do hope all goes well with your journey, and that you don't get your Mulligatawny soup confiscated at Customs!!
After all, they may just consider locking you up on the grounds that who on earth would want to eat (spicy?) soup in heat like this!?!

Seriously, hope all goes well for you, and that your home is at the stage of build you expect it to be!?

Will you keep us posted please?
We have to know that you're safe and well, otherwise Big Pete will start us all off worrying again!

Take care,
Sam.
Yes Sam...first flight out of Heathrow tomorrow..thanks for your kind wishes, don't worry about security the soup will be in diplomatic bags..they cant be searched...I travel in complete secrecy you know, they can't afford to let the Spanish know I am in the country..... I think the house has progressed well judging by the info I am getting, so I will take loads of piccys when there and hopefully share them with you on my return...if I return..Nursey says I might be left there..!!!
Tell Big pete not to worry, I am quite safe with the face mask on...hence the Muligatawny...liquids only you see..........see if I can find a netty cafe when over failing that it will have to be morse code or carrier pigeon...Adios and Hola...Mi amiga.....
Old Apr 23rd 2007, 12:09 am
I have a member

Originally Posted by Eve
Keri,
you never fail to keep everyone amazed, have to go back to work now. Hope you meet Andrew ok and he hasn't had a journey that lives up to your adventures. Take it easy for a while we can't keep up!!!
Luv Eve
Hi Eve and Brisca xxx

You will be pleased to know nothing has happened for a while Although Im sure there is a good chance Andrew and I will change that later

And thanks mrsjdr, you are VERY kind xxx

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.