Reload this Page >

Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part IV

Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part IV

Old Oct 1st 2006, 9:25 am
Forum Regular

JohnandCarol will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Pelayo Moron?

Originally Posted by Gary & Julie Selkirk
We are also using nick we hare having a problem with Fadesa over the change of doors from original spec,Nick is in full agreement with us and is chasing Fadesa to sort it out as they did with the aircon units on the duplex balconies
we have found him v good,Yes English solicitors would keep you updated on everything,
my experience of them is sometimes to recieve 2 or three letters a day with a couple of lines on each dictated at different times,only to recieve a bill at
£90 per letter ,an English solicitor will not make a phone call without charging you for it,so I am happy with Nicks way.

Gary and Jules

p.s. anyone else complained about the doors being changed ,refusing to accept is the only way to get them changed look at the aircon unit problem
we all stuck together and got a result.
Hi Gary & Jules,

What appartment type are you buying? We are purchasing a Duplex in Pueblo Andaluz and also feel there may be a problem with the change of doors from sliding to inward opening. We can not yet confirm as we are still waiting to gain access to do the snagging. I would be most interested to hear of any success other buyers have in getting Fadesa to make this change.

JohnandCarol
Old Oct 1st 2006, 9:38 am
has got a huge member

keithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pelayo Moron?

Originally Posted by JohnandCarol
Hi Gary & Jules,

What appartment type are you buying? We are purchasing a Duplex in Pueblo Andaluz and also feel there may be a problem with the change of doors from sliding to inward opening. We can not yet confirm as we are still waiting to gain access to do the snagging. I would be most interested to hear of any success other buyers have in getting Fadesa to make this change.

JohnandCarol
Were the doors ever going to be sliding doors? I know that on the coloured plans they handed out they showed the doors opening outwards, although in the show flats they open inwards. I believe the only difference between the actual apartments and the show flat is the colour of the doors, not the type.

I would imagine that if Fadesa change the doors/windows for one apartment, they would have to change them for the entire site, thereby making it impossible to do.

Only guessing though.
Old Oct 1st 2006, 10:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part IV

Hola! y buenos dias,

Hi JohnandCarol,
This is the way I see it regarding my own duplex (doesn't mean it's correct...):
Unless you are buying on RMA manzanas 1 or 2 (which are the last to be completed, but not for long), your contract states that the exterior doors are "sliding", your lawyer feels there is a case to be won (because the door does not fit its purpose) and you are not in a hurry to occupy, then you might stand a chance of having the French doors converted to sliding doors.
Manzanas 1 and 2 are large complexes, and if the majority of purchasers want this changed, it might happen. Trouble is, once you've handed over the cash, it's hard to get any comeback. And, as Keith has stated above, it might be impossible to change the whole of the RMA design (not just for duplexes). The exterior doors, as they are fitted presently in my duplex (others might be different), serve their purpose. The doors do not open into wardrobe space, nor do they bump the end of the bed. I am not sure how the first and second floor apartments are set out (perhaps this is where the door design doesn't serve it's purpose).
The issue with the air con units/and communications box on the upper terraces of the duplexes had a lot to do with the fact that it lessened the amount of total squared floor space purchased on the signed contract.
The Pueblo Andaluz duplex showflat at the shed has a sign stating the design is not exact (a disclaimer?)
Talk about being blind when signing the contract? I can raise my hand. I didn't realise the duplex/pueblo andaluz designs were slightly different between manzanas, but I do now. Some end terrace duplexes are one floor lower (ie. no middle apartment). Some end terrace ground floor (middle apartment too?) apartments have what appears to be an extra room built at the side.
Does anyone know the room layout of these apartments?

Sorry if this is not good news, but I am concentrating on having the aircon/terrace issue resolved to my satisfaction. Another bug bear is the door opening into the kitchen, which collides with the fridge door - that design is not fit for purpose. And the list goes on... Keep smiling!

Regards,
Carol

Last edited by Carol&John; Oct 1st 2006 at 10:25 am.
Old Oct 1st 2006, 11:28 am
has got a huge member

keithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Carol&John
Hola! y buenos dias,

Some end terrace ground floor (middle apartment too?) apartments have what appears to be an extra room built at the side.

Regards,
Carol

Take a look at this for the "extra" room at the side. It think it is the version of Pueblo Andaluz that has 3 bedrooms.
Attached Thumbnails Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part IV-floor-plan-3-bed-garden-apt.png  
Old Oct 1st 2006, 11:29 am
BE Enthusiast

CAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud of

Hi there

As some of you have contacted me regarding walks I thought I would pass on the start I have made in cutting and pasting the few bits I could find in websites etc. The walks are not really local - they are from the National Parks - although there are one or two in Spanish from the Lepe/Islantilla area. Those of you with good Spanish might wish to help with the transalation and those who are not still trying to sort out CE problems might want to start the ball rolling with trying to build up some local walks if you are interested in this sort of thing. I am sure it would be welcomed - any walk is enhanced by places to eat and drink at the end (or middle if a very long walk!). Does any one keep up with the local newspaper Oracle (I must admit I do not ) - I wondered whether they have a section on local walks?

I have also been given some booklets on the Donana, Aracena, Picos do Aroche and a map showing trails - I think they came from the Huelva Tourist Board and they are in English.
Attached Files
File Type: doc
Walks.doc (567.5 KB, 677 views)
Old Oct 1st 2006, 11:47 am
Forum Regular

JohnandCarol will become famous soon enough

Hola! y buenos dias,

Hi JohnandCarol,
This is the way I see it regarding my own duplex (doesn't mean it's correct...):
Unless you are buying on RMA manzanas 1 or 2 (which are the last to be completed, but not for long), your contract states that the exterior doors are "sliding", your lawyer feels there is a case to be won (because the door does not fit its purpose) and you are not in a hurry to occupy, then you might stand a chance of having the French doors converted to sliding doors.
Manzanas 1 and 2 are large complexes, and if the majority of purchasers want this changed, it might happen. Trouble is, once you've handed over the cash, it's hard to get any comeback. And, as Keith has stated above, it might be impossible to change the whole of the RMA design (not just for duplexes). The exterior doors, as they are fitted presently in my duplex (others might be different), serve their purpose. The doors do not open into wardrobe space, nor do they bump the end of the bed. I am not sure how the first and second floor apartments are set out (perhaps this is where the door design doesn't serve it's purpose).
The issue with the air con units/and communications box on the upper terraces of the duplexes had a lot to do with the fact that it lessened the amount of total squared floor space purchased on the signed contract.
The Pueblo Andaluz duplex showflat at the shed has a sign stating the design is not exact (a disclaimer?)
Talk about being blind when signing the contract? I can raise my hand. I didn't realise the duplex/pueblo andaluz designs were slightly different between manzanas, but I do now. Some end terrace duplexes are one floor lower (ie. no middle apartment). Some end terrace ground floor (middle apartment too?) apartments have what appears to be an extra room built at the side.

Sorry if this is not good news, but I am concentrating on having the aircon/terrace issue resolved to my satisfaction. Another bug bear is the door opening into the kitchen, which collides with the fridge door - that design is not fit for purpose. And the list goes on... Keep smiling!

Regards,
Carol
Hi Carol&John

Thanks for the useful information we are buying in RMA 1 Manzana 2. Where in the contract does it actually state that the doors are sliding doors rather than inward opening doors? Our main concern is for the bedroom with patio doors to the main terrace and the doors from the louge/diner to the main terrace. Your help would be appreciated.

JohnandCarol
Old Oct 1st 2006, 1:04 pm
has got a huge member

Anyone know where I can get lay my eyes on a table of statistics for house price increases in spain over say the last 5 years or so?

I am obviously particularly interested in the CDL area or if it exists, statistics for Ayamonte, but would also like to be able to compare the % of increase to spain as a whole. Have house prices doubled in Ayamonte in the last 4 years, 6 years 10 years?? That is the sort of info I would like to get.

I realise that the statistics will vary according to the source, but that doesn't matter too much. I just want a general idea - nothing too in depth.
Old Oct 1st 2006, 1:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JohnandCarol
Hi
Where in the contract does it actually state that the doors are sliding doors rather than inward opening doors? Our main concern is for the bedroom with patio doors to the main terrace and the doors from the louge/diner to the main terrace.
Hi again,
Needed to open the files which have been sitting permanently at the side of the desk for the past 2 or more years! Bet lots of you have a similar corner!
The thing about my contract is that it does NOT specifically state the doors WILL be sliding. With hindsight, if I had known there would not be sliding doors, I'd have asked the solicitor to include this specification in the contract. On all the plans there is a disclaimer: "este plano podra ser modificado por razones tecnicas, juridicas o comerciales, y estara sujeto al clausulado del respectivo contrato de compraventa." In my contract (which I believe is standard), there is a similar clause under "Estipulaciones", parte segunda:"Las obras de edificacion... no obstante, la parte VENDEDORA se reserva el derecho de efectuar en las mismas las modificaciones que viniesen motivadas por exigencias tecnicas, juridicas, o comerciales, durante su ejecucion."
"exigencias tecnicas, juridicas, o comerciales": this must be lawyer speak to cover all eventualities.
"durante su ejecucion" : this might be one to worry about if it means Fadesa can handover a problem to the purchaser who then has to rectify a "chapuza" (builder's dumb mistake). With the air con chapuza, Fadesa (to their credit) appear to be taking the responsibility; however, remember they might have been in breech of contract (I'm not a lawyer!) as our contract specifically states the square footage of floor space.
Another point regarding the (my) contract is on "Exponen" numero III:" la construccion se realizara a expensas...con sujecion a la perceptiva licencia municipal de obras en las manzanas 3, 4 y 5 concedida...Ayuntamiento de Ayamonte." Unless anyone out there knows the answer, this clause might mean manzanas 1 & 2 (RMA1) are being constructed differently to say manzanas 6 & 7, or 3,4,& 5? Perhaps this is where your lawyer thinks there is a case/point of principal to pursue?
When you go to snag, measure the floor/wall length beside the french doors in the bedroom. Keep in mind the unusual corners, which might take off a few inches of bedspace (do you follow?). In our duplex, the french doors in this bedroom open inwards, and there is a three quarter, glass panel fitted to the left of the doors. We measured this space, and found there to be enough room for the end of the bed and door opening. Of course, the foot of the bed will extend across part of the 3/4 panel (the other 1/4 is wood). ??
Keep smiling!
Regards,
Carol

P.S. Thanks Keith for the plan of the 3 bedroom apts. Just me being nosey - I should have been more nosey at the very beginning! Oh well, I reckon the extra flight of stairs will do us good ! Puff! Pant!

Last edited by Carol&John; Oct 1st 2006 at 1:42 pm.
Old Oct 1st 2006, 1:43 pm
has got a huge member

SLR,

I am curious to know which town on the CDL you live in and what it is you like so much about it. I'm very much into exploring the area and finding new places.

I'm afraid I am one of those people who have lowered myself to purchasing in CE, but maybe I can raise myself a little bit in your esteem if I tell you if was only as an investment as I either had to "lose" some money or donate it to Mr Taxman. I live and work in Jerez de la Frontera and have done for several years.

PM me if you are worried about letter bombs arriving on your doormat!!!
Old Oct 1st 2006, 2:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by CAROL ELIZABETH
Hi there

As some of you have contacted me regarding walks I thought I would pass on the start I have made in cutting and pasting the few bits I could find in websites etc.
Hola Carol Elizabeth,
I've enjoyed looking at this document, and your blog too!
Any way to make the columns read better? I noticed the articles from one walk continue onto the next page, rather than continuing into the next column ( )
I used to walk everywhere - mainly due to lack of transport! However, I am now a "leisurely stroll" person... There is an interesting pueblo along from Islantilla/La Antilla continuing out past the marshes. Is this El Terron? It is a small fishing village, with what looked like popular restaurants. Yet, just beside this end of the road village, is another pueblo (name? Can't remember!) whose patron saint is commemorated in June/July (like so many others, I know, sorry just trying to give some clues). We saw it at dusk, and the place had a "Brigadoon" feel, with fairy lights...LOL No, I was not on the vino! And, honestly, I'm not trying to wind up SLR!

Regards,
Carol
Old Oct 1st 2006, 2:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by keithwalters
SLR,
I'm afraid I am one of those people who have lowered myself to purchasing in CE, but maybe I can raise myself a little bit in your esteem...
Hola Keith,
Que?
I know this post was addressed to SLR, but "Hombre! Por desgracia! Porque hablas asi?" Arrrayyyyyy!!! Que lio!
Okay, I'm feeling better now... In order to raise yourself in my esteem, you may peel my grapes at Nochevieja! (only kidding)
Regards,
Carol
Old Oct 1st 2006, 4:20 pm
has got a huge member

Hola Keith,
Que?
I know this post was addressed to SLR, but "Hombre! Por desgracia! Porque hablas asi?" Arrrayyyyyy!!! Que lio!
Okay, I'm feeling better now... In order to raise yourself in my esteem, you may peel my grapes at Nochevieja! (only kidding)
Regards,
Carol
Oo er missus! Peel your grapes, eh? I shall be disappointed if you mean that literally.
I was just trying to sweeten SLR up by saying what he wanted to hear - otherwise he probably wouldn't bother answering my question, and I am genuinely curious to know which part of Spain he is from.

Then I can visit and see if he really is justified in being condescending about CE. Tee hee.
Old Oct 1st 2006, 5:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

CAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud of

[QUOTE=Carol&John]Hola Carol Elizabeth,
Any way to make the columns read better? I noticed the articles from one walk continue onto the next page, rather than continuing into the next column ( )

Yes it needs proper layout which I will do when I have time and have more stuff to make it worthwhile - it is literally a copy of bits I cut and pasted together - a lot of it was set out in columns on the website - that is why it looks that way. Will get around to it.

Walking is great - will be doing it until I can't - walked a very small part of the Canadian Rockies this summer - it was a great experience!

Carol
Old Oct 1st 2006, 5:26 pm
has got a huge member

[QUOTE=CAROL ELIZABETH]
Hola Carol Elizabeth,

Yes it needs proper layout which I will do when I have time and have more stuff to make it worthwhile - it is literally a copy of bits I cut and pasted together - a lot of it was set out in columns on the website - that is why it looks that way. Will get around to it.

Walking is great - will be doing it until I can't - walked a very small part of the Canadian Rockies this summer - it was a great experience!

Carol
Why can't I open the document? When I click on the link, Word automatcially opens but then an error message pops up saying that I can't open the document??????? Is it just me??
Old Oct 1st 2006, 6:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

jonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nice
Smile Re: Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part IV

Originally Posted by keithwalters
Anyone know where I can get lay my eyes on a table of statistics for house price increases in spain over say the last 5 years or so?

I am obviously particularly interested in the CDL area or if it exists, statistics for Ayamonte, but would also like to be able to compare the % of increase to spain as a whole. Have house prices doubled in Ayamonte in the last 4 years, 6 years 10 years?? That is the sort of info I would like to get.

I realise that the statistics will vary according to the source, but that doesn't matter too much. I just want a general idea - nothing too in depth.
Take a look at the KYERO site they have lots of info regarding prices around the country, but not sure how far they go back..... www.kyero.com.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.