Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part IV

Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part IV

Old Sep 28th 2006, 1:13 pm
Just Joined

heddi is an unknown quantity at this point
Post Re: Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part IV

Originally Posted by John & Kath
Why Spanishliferules you old cynic you!
Sorry to do this but silly me can't work out how to put up a post!! and you being senior members and all that thought I would ask u

Sorry

Anyway wanted to say fab restaurant just over border at Castro Marim - for those of you not tried yet - it is called Anchova - visible from the road to Vila Real on right hand side tel 00351 281531682

A must try!!!

Heddi
Old Sep 28th 2006, 1:32 pm
Forum Regular

Val D is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part IV

Originally Posted by keithwalters
Val, that is apalling! Did your bank(s) give an explanation/justification for charging you for the transaction? If you have sufficient funds in the account I can hardly see that it is in any way your fault.

Presumably most people on this forum own a property in Spain, and therefore presumably have a Spanish bank account too. Why don't you ask for a debit/credit card from your Spanish bank and use that instead (make sure you transfer funds to the account before you leave the UK). At least then you know for sure that the card will not be rejected at the tills and avoid being made to feel like a criminal!!
Hi Keith, not too sure why the cards were rejected, one card company seemed to think it was something that the check-out girl was or was not doing, however another company were not very sympathetic and said as it had been authorised by my PIN which only I should know I had in effect authorised the payment, when I explained that the card was rejected after I had entered my PIN they said without proof there is not much that can be done! So remember if rejected GET PROOF!
Val
Old Sep 28th 2006, 1:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part IV

Hi Heddi,

Its easy really you have just done it to start a new post without responding you just go to the bottom of the last post and click on the box New Post at the bottom left.

Thanks for the recommendation we go out for a week on Sunday so we will check it out.

Regards,

John.

PS Senior Member only means you suffer from "verbal diarrhoe".
Originally Posted by heddi
Sorry to do this but silly me can't work out how to put up a post!! and you being senior members and all that thought I would ask u

Sorry

Anyway wanted to say fab restaurant just over border at Castro Marim - for those of you not tried yet - it is called Anchova - visible from the road to Vila Real on right hand side tel 00351 281531682

A must try!!!

Heddi
Old Sep 28th 2006, 6:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

CAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Ragomuffin
Hi Carol Elizabeth,

I found this page with info on walks in Donana National Park.

http://www.sol.com/en/modulo.asp?IdP...Contenido=1057

Regards
Chris
Thanks for this - this is just the sort of thing I was looking for - I have explored all the other links too - will try to put something together. Would be good to put together some 'home grown' ones around Esuri too. Some of the links are not really detailed enough and talk about very long hikes over a number of days - not really Sunday afternoon strolls!
Old Sep 28th 2006, 7:14 pm
Just Joined

Dave Williams is an unknown quantity at this point

I have a black and white course layout that i could dig out (if can find it} let me know if you get no joy elsewhere.
dave
Originally Posted by A & M
Now that Golf 1 seems to have taken shape (thanks for the pix everyone), does anyone know where/how you can get hold of a plan of the course layout? It would be nice to be able to "think" our way round the course and to identify which hole is which from the photos. We could then caption our own photos appropriately when we go out from 15 - 22 Oct.

It's frustrating being able to look at the websites of courses less well advanced than C.E. (eg Monte Rei and Quinta do Vale) and see far more info about them than we seem to be able to find about Golf 1.
Old Sep 28th 2006, 7:29 pm
Just Joined

Dave Williams is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Pelayo Moron?

Has anyone had dealings with this solicitor? He was recommended to me by a sales agent but I get no reponse from his office to any requests for information? I have emailed several times asking to be kept informed but receive nothing and asking for a completion date seems a waste of time. Is he genuine?
Old Sep 28th 2006, 7:46 pm
has got a huge member

keithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pelayo Moron?

Originally Posted by Dave Williams
Has anyone had dealings with this solicitor? He was recommended to me by a sales agent but I get no reponse from his office to any requests for information? I have emailed several times asking to be kept informed but receive nothing and asking for a completion date seems a waste of time. Is he genuine?
Yes, he is genuine. He and his brothers own the biggest and longest running firm of solicitors in Ayamonte. To some degree I think they are a victim of their own success as they have more clients than they can sensibly deal with. Consequently, they tend to be a bit slow on the communication thing. We found that sometimes several emails were necessary to get a response, but the response always arrived eventually - maƱana!!
Old Sep 28th 2006, 8:17 pm
Forum Regular

Agnes is an unknown quantity at this point

Sounds like a typical Spainish solicitor

Yes, he is genuine. He and his brothers own the biggest and longest running firm of solicitors in Ayamonte. To some degree I think they are a victim of their own success as they have more clients than they can sensibly deal with. Consequently, they tend to be a bit slow on the communication thing. We found that sometimes several emails were necessary to get a response, but the response always arrived eventually - maƱana!!
Old Sep 28th 2006, 9:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

CAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud of

We have found him friendly and he has done everything so far that he should have done we think - yes he is slow - we have had to wait for responses. I think what Keith says is true - he is so busy - I think he has had to take on so many new staff and I think he was also trying to move premises. Email works eventually - sometimes we have used our agent to prompt. Luckily we are not in any hurry and our apartment will be some time so I suppose we have not worried about it.
Old Sep 28th 2006, 9:43 pm
Forum Regular

Spanishliferules is just really niceSpanishliferules is just really niceSpanishliferules is just really niceSpanishliferules is just really niceSpanishliferules is just really niceSpanishliferules is just really niceSpanishliferules is just really niceSpanishliferules is just really niceSpanishliferules is just really niceSpanishliferules is just really niceSpanishliferules is just really nice

Originally Posted by Ragomuffin
So good to have you back.

La Manga like Birmingham, that's an interesting concept, which part exactly? Selly Oak? Castle Vale? Handsworth?

No, actually you could be on to something, The Handsworth Hyatt has a ring to it, rhymes with riot. There could be The Steel Pulse Suite or Ranking Roger Room. You're a genius. Trouble is not too sure about the golf courses, I played The Forest of Arden recently but that's more Coventry really. Oh well we'll work on it.

As for the Ryder Cup - Sergio, Jose-Maria, Luke and Lee in the same winning team, just goes to show an Anglo/Spanish alliance is possible.

Cheers!
Whow a posh poet!

But Senor Chelsea

(The Handsworth Hyatt has a ring to it, rhymes with riot)

Rings alarm bells with us.

The fottie Chelsea fans of the late sixties/early seventies remember?

Is this you or are you the new glory hunter of dos mil siete?
Old Sep 28th 2006, 9:55 pm
Forum Regular

Dantill will become famous soon enough
Smile Re: Pelayo Moron?

Hi

We were also recommended by a Sales Agent and we are using Nick Pelayo his brother. Whenever I have sent an email from the UK usually to ask "how long for completion" (now 9 months late) I have had a reply within 24 hours.

We had an appointment with Nick 2 weeks ago and he was running late so Pelayo saw us and discussed our queries until Nick came back 20 mins later, they couldnt have been more helpful.

We were told they are finding it very frustrating/cramped working out of the old offices, and are unable to move fully into the new offices in the square as they are still waiting for connections for computer/broadband.

So we cannot complain so far.

Dave & Lynn
Old Sep 28th 2006, 10:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

olivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really nice

Yes we also used them they are great and I agree they are very bbusyin fact on some of our visits CHAOS comes to mind. I think if there is nothing they can tell you then they don't reply. I also think this is a Spanish thing because we have experienced the same over other things. Here in the U.K. we expect a reply to tell us that they have no news!!! That to the Spanish could be considered a waste of time. We consider it ccourteous
Old Sep 28th 2006, 10:21 pm
has got a huge member

keithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by olivia
Yes we also used them they are great and I agree they are very bbusyin fact on some of our visits CHAOS comes to mind. I think if there is nothing they can tell you then they don't reply. I also think this is a Spanish thing because we have experienced the same over other things. Here in the U.K. we expect a reply to tell us that they have no news!!! That to the Spanish could be considered a waste of time. We consider it ccourteous
Yes - I couldnt agree more. I have heard from many people that the Spanish prefer NOT to hear from their solicitor because it can only mean bad news. If all is quiet, then all is well!

On the otherhand us Brits seem to need constant reassurance and coddling!!
Old Sep 28th 2006, 10:30 pm
Just Joined

suisse is an unknown quantity at this point

SLR, have you bought on Costa Esuri ?
Old Sep 29th 2006, 6:01 am
BE Enthusiast

Ragomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Spanishliferules
Whow a posh poet!

But Senor Chelsea

(The Handsworth Hyatt has a ring to it, rhymes with riot)

Rings alarm bells with us.

The fottie Chelsea fans of the late sixties/early seventies remember?

Is this you or are you the new glory hunter of dos mil siete?
Talk about missing the point, ask your wife to explain irony to you.

I've been a blues supporter since the Cup Final of 1967 when we lost to the jokers with the chicken crest. I was a boy then but I've followed them ever since. But don't worry, my Stanley knife's long gone rusty and I've run out of Headhunter calling cards (more irony I'm afraid).

Pelayo is our solicitor and has been superb throughout.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.