Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part IV

Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part IV

Old Sep 26th 2006, 11:27 am
Forum Regular

Tricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part IV

Tricia[/QUOTE]
Thanks for that, you've made my day.[/QUOTE]

Forgot to add, also because my hubby is an avid Chelsea fan too

Tricia
Old Sep 26th 2006, 11:35 am
BE Enthusiast

Ragomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond repute

Forgot to add in my previous long and dreary missive. We got a document from the shed about the water supply, which we were asked to give to Pelayo. Apparently the water is changing from builders' supply to mains supply from the middle of October.
Old Sep 26th 2006, 12:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

matt begley has a brilliant futurematt begley has a brilliant futurematt begley has a brilliant futurematt begley has a brilliant futurematt begley has a brilliant futurematt begley has a brilliant future

had no sense of that while we were there.
I consider myself a gregarious person but the people we encountered or tried
to strike up conversations with were at best stand-offish at worst blatantly
unfriendly. Maybe it will change, I hope so.

Chris[/QUOTE]

That's a shame - we found quite the opposite in and around M3,M2 and M4. Even when we squatted at

Come and hang around the gates - we are a friendly bunch!

Cheers,

Matt
Old Sep 26th 2006, 12:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Steve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really nice

Originally Posted by matt begley
Hi Lesley

I too had keys cut at Carrefour - no probs - but then 'found' the smalll hardware shop, opposite the fish market and Idea electrical, in Ayamonte did as good a job for a third cheaper. Worth a look for all sorts of DIY odds and ends.

Matt
Hi Lesley

I agree with Matt; the hardware shop is really good value and no fuel costs going to Carrefour. There is another (small) hardare shop along by the Pharmacy on the road to Maxi Dia (where the road is two ways); stacked to the ceiling with odds and other bits and again really cheap.

Steve
Old Sep 26th 2006, 1:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Steve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really nice

Originally Posted by Tricia
I know I’ve rattled on too long but I do have one last observation. Everyone
talks about the Esuri community. I had no sense of that while we were there.

Chris
Ah, never mind Chris, I'll be neighbourly and give you a smile , especially seeing as we are sort of neighbours in England, Chingford to be precise.

Tricia
And another couple of smiles from us . We're nearby as well.

We have just returned from a week tending our newly completed house (fuller report to follow) but found very few people around to chat to, although those who were about were always friendly. It was noticeable that on Saturday, without the workmen around, Esuri was virtually deserted.

Steve y Pat
Old Sep 26th 2006, 1:40 pm
MEL & JOHN

MEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond repute

Hiya Carol,

All Ok with you, any news on when you complete ?

That bank does have mesh on it and Fadesa have planted it but it looks ugly and bare and now I know it may slide down in a storm I am concerned. Yes. c'mon you "M 2 ers" moan like hell to Fadesa and add your voice to mine. Need to sort it now or it will be at our cost at a later date.

Re. "EU", at the meeting there were constant references to having to run the community to Spanish law, and rightly so as that is where our houses are but I am ignorant of how they operate and not sure where the AEA policies/Spanish law cross. Does anybody know or can recommend another company that does the same management work as AEA. AEA, as proposed by Fadesa, may be fine and that is all we have at the moment but if we are aware of other service providers that are cost efficient and have a good record of running communities such as ours then we could get a comparison of costs. What companies run the Canela conmmunities ........anybody have any experience of these ?

Chris - Ragomuffin...so sorry you were out there with an unfriendly bunch. We have been lucky and met some lovely people, I will always give you a big smile. Aahhh, but how will I know who you are ? Never mind I tend to be beaming all the time when in CE as I just love the whole area, just don't mistake it for a maniacal grimace if I am leaving the Shed and our snags and the M" bank have still not been attended to !!!

All the best to everyone

Mel
Old Sep 26th 2006, 1:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ragomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steve and Pat

We have just returned from a week tending our newly completed house (fuller report to follow) but found very few people around to chat to, although those who were about were always friendly. It was noticeable that on Saturday, without the workmen around, Esuri was virtually deserted.

Steve y Pat
Jan and I sat on the terrace every morning at 8.00 with a coffee and every evening at 7.00 with an alcoholic beverage of some kind and watched the procession of construction workers going past. We called it The Wacky Races!

I know Brentwood well, I was born there many moons ago and my mum still lives there. Thanks for the smiles.

Chris
Old Sep 26th 2006, 2:14 pm
!hola!

tednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by MEL & JOHN
Hiya Carol,

All Ok with you, any news on when you complete ?

That bank does have mesh on it and Fadesa have planted it but it looks ugly and bare and now I know it may slide down in a storm I am concerned. Yes. c'mon you "M 2 ers" moan like hell to Fadesa and add your voice to mine. Need to sort it now or it will be at our cost at a later date.

Re. "EU", at the meeting there were constant references to having to run the community to Spanish law, and rightly so as that is where our houses are but I am ignorant of how they operate and not sure where the AEA policies/Spanish law cross. Does anybody know or can recommend another company that does the same management work as AEA. AEA, as proposed by Fadesa, may be fine and that is all we have at the moment but if we are aware of other service providers that are cost efficient and have a good record of running communities such as ours then we could get a comparison of costs. What companies run the Canela conmmunities ........anybody have any experience of these ?

Chris - Ragomuffin...so sorry you were out there with an unfriendly bunch. We have been lucky and met some lovely people, I will always give you a big smile. Aahhh, but how will I know who you are ? Never mind I tend to be beaming all the time when in CE as I just love the whole area, just don't mistake it for a maniacal grimace if I am leaving the Shed and our snags and the M" bank have still not been attended to !!!

All the best to everyone

Mel
We had an apartment in Calahonda costa del sol for about 20 years with about 100 apartments gardens and 2 pools. The complex was managed by the committee the president would over see things and chase people up for there ground fees if they were late hire a gardener, pool cleaner he was obviously paid any exspenses. If your community is switched on and working together why do you need a management company.

Ted
Old Sep 26th 2006, 2:28 pm
MEL & JOHN

MEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tednsharon
We had an apartment in Calahonda costa del sol for about 20 years with about 100 apartments gardens and 2 pools. The complex was managed by the committee the president would over see things and chase people up for there ground fees if they were late hire a gardener, pool cleaner he was obviously paid any exspenses. If your community is switched on and working together why do you need a management company.

Ted

Hiya Ted,

Yep, that fine with me BUT you have to have a very willing, able and committed president.....anybody volunteering ? Are you on CE, have you got a management company ? I am all for cutting out the middle man to save costs but to do that we have to have very clear lines of communication between the residents and a determined leader. I would think it is a difficult job, I would do it if I lived out there and was retired..........but I have a Spanish mortgage to pay off so will be working 'til I drop !!

All the best to Sharon from me ( reminder ... daughters and Faro)

Mel
Old Sep 26th 2006, 6:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute

Hola y buena tardes!
Hiya Mel,
Yes, it's a wonder I can type anything with my fingers having been crossed for so long, waiting to complete! Soon... who said patience is a virtue?
Many thanks Chris Ragomuffin for the golf plan/map, the pics, and the funny story (although I'm sure you didn't think it at the time!)
Similar credit card cringing moment happened to us at the Dia supermarket at Lepe. Typically, 5 minutes before closing time, we unload our full trolley onto the conveyor belt...the queue is growing behind us...and then (after a packing frenzy), no acceptance of the plastic money! I thought I was back in the labour suite with all the moaning (swearing) and groaning! Luckily, we scraped together enough euros & cents to pay in cash. Never again!
Back in July, I thought I was bound to meet folk from the forum, but alas! nadie! Guess my white hat didn't do the trick (whadya think? )
hasta pronto,
Carol
Old Sep 26th 2006, 7:30 pm
Just Joined

Wendy & Kirk is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by AndyS
Hi Wendy & Kirk and welcome to the thread. If it's any help I have the prices that Finagolf were quoting. The first 300 to join, price was €8,000 which was then discounted by 50%. Prices then rose dependent on when you bought. If you happened to be number 2401 the price was €14,000 less the discount. Annual membership was quoted at €1,000 with a green fee of €6. I'm with John on the issue of value for money. I also think it worth bearing in mind that there are/will be a number of good courses in close proximity, all offering competitive green fees. If it's true that Fadesa are taking over the golf the price structure may change (that's assuming they make the effort to communicate the fees to us all).
In the event you still want to talk to Finagolf, the last contact I spoke to was Luis Yangues on 0034 952 903354.

Andy

Thanks for the contact details! Will give him a bell soon.
Old Sep 26th 2006, 8:28 pm
Forum Regular

Dantill will become famous soon enough
Smile Re: Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part IV

Originally Posted by Steve and Pat

Steve y Pat

Hi Everybody

Have just returned to UK for 48hours to visit family and make sure our Sons at home are looking after everything, I was pleasantly surprised but I have trained them well.!!!

Opened the post and then caught up with Part 3 and IV of this Forum.

Dave & I went out to Ayamonte early September in our motorhome and moved on at the weekend to Alicante area to catch up with some old friends.

We had not seen Esuri since April 2005 and we both needed to get an Esuri fix and I wanted to stand on my plot and dream!! Which I did. Even parked the car in the drive.. There is even trees planted in our little cul de sac
R 8 and even some plants in a couple of borders.

We met up with solicitors, architects etc and went up to Esuri most days, it was great to see all the cars outside various properties shame we hadnt thought to make a note of who was out while we were so we could meet up and put faces to names.

Now we should have completed on our plot Dec 2005 and all our contacts said it was probably going to be yet another 3 -4 months so 1 year late not to bad we thought..

We visited the shed on quite a few occasions and we could not get any date out of them until our last day (typical) and we were told that it would be another 6 months for our plot. We asked why as our plot and the whole road is finished..

We asked if it was because of the water/electricity and they said no that would be in place shortly. The reason we were given was that until the Contractors had finished in that area completely they will not hand over to Fadesa.

Then Fadesa will let us complete on those plots and the whole road with everything in perfect condition..

If any damage is caused to the infrastructure of the road/paths etc by plot owners starting to build in that area it will not be for the original contractors to put right.

This does make sense if one plot owner completed and started building at the moment it would be hard to prove if any damage was caused by the present contractors or the plot owners builders.

I suppose the developer who has started building a row of villas already has taken on the responsibility of correcting any damage that might be caused.

Has anybody else been told a similar story??

Apart from all the doom and gloom of completing we still think CE is great and Ayamonte and the surrounding areas is still our favourite place in Spain. We travelled through France and down the middle of Spain again stopping at some lovely old towns and arrived here in Alicante via Granada - stunning views I had to keep reminding Dave he was driving.

The strange thing is that we wished we had stayed on the Costa de la Luz - it takes some beating - those blue skies and beautiful beaches!!

The Carrefours at Cartaya is great.

Thanks to whoever it was who recommended Elephante Azul just over the border for LPG for the Motorhome it was our cheapest yet at 55 cents a litre on 100 gallons thats quite a saving.

We have taken lots of pictures but the camera is still out in Spain with Dave so it will not be until we both return in November that we can down load them so they will be a bit out of date I guess.

Any updates from fellow 50% plot owners would be appreciated.

Regards
Lynn
Old Sep 27th 2006, 5:57 am
CSR
Forum Regular

CSR will become famous soon enoughCSR will become famous soon enough

It is shame you have had a bad experience. Everyone I have met out there have been very friendly and kind and most people stop for a chat....they probably feel sorry for me and say 'there is that poor women again jogging around the development...she is soooooo unfit!!!! Let us stop for a chat so she can get her breath back and stop being purple!!!!'

CSR

Originally Posted by Tricia
I know I’ve rattled on too long but I do have one last observation. Everyone
talks about the Esuri community. I had no sense of that while we were there.

Chris
Ah, never mind Chris, I'll be neighbourly and give you a smile , especially seeing as we are sort of neighbours in England, Chingford to be precise.

Tricia[/QUOTE]
Old Sep 27th 2006, 7:01 am
BE Enthusiast

[QUOTE=CSR]It is shame you have had a bad experience. Everyone I have met out there have been very friendly and kind and most people stop for a chat....they probably feel sorry for me and say 'there is that poor women again jogging around the development...she is soooooo unfit!!!! Let us stop for a chat so she can get her breath back and stop being purple!!!!'
Hi CSR,

We saw a couple of ladies and a guy jogging several times in the evenings from our terrace. You almost motivated me to have a go myself, but we cracked open another bottle of Rioja instead

Regards
Chris
Old Sep 27th 2006, 7:48 am
Just Joined

Tammy is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Re: Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part IV

Originally Posted by Sue
The other thread was getting very long and in some instances was slow to load, especially for dial up users (yep, dial up is still around ) and so I have closed it and started this new one.

The old thread will still be available to read but will no longer be open for posts.

Please continue your discussion here.
sorry about this but im not getting any response to my questions, am i doing somethng wrong let us no please

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.