Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part IV

Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part IV

Old Sep 29th 2006, 6:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Ragomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part IV

Originally Posted by suisse
SLR, have you bought on Costa Esuri ?
Based on the vitriol and disdain in his previous posts, I'd guess no...

...but maybe he'd secretly like to!
Old Sep 29th 2006, 7:27 am
East Yorkshire

Gary & Julie Selkirk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Pelayo Moron?

Originally Posted by olivia
Yes we also used them they are great and I agree they are very bbusyin fact on some of our visits CHAOS comes to mind. I think if there is nothing they can tell you then they don't reply. I also think this is a Spanish thing because we have experienced the same over other things. Here in the U.K. we expect a reply to tell us that they have no news!!! That to the Spanish could be considered a waste of time. We consider it ccourteous
We are also using nick we hare having a problem with Fadesa over the change of doors from original spec,Nick is in full agreement with us and is chasing Fadesa to sort it out as they did with the aircon units on the duplex balconies
we have found him v good,Yes English solicitors would keep you updated on everything,
my experience of them is sometimes to recieve 2 or three letters a day with a couple of lines on each dictated at different times,only to recieve a bill at
£90 per letter ,an English solicitor will not make a phone call without charging you for it,so I am happy with Nicks way.

Gary and Jules

p.s. anyone else complained about the doors being changed ,refusing to accept is the only way to get them changed look at the aircon unit problem
we all stuck together and got a result.
Old Sep 29th 2006, 9:18 am
Just Joined

Andy watson is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Pelayo Moron?

Gary and Jules

p.s. anyone else complained about the doors being changed ,refusing to accept is the only way to get them changed look at the aircon unit problem
we all stuck together and got a result.
Hi Gary

Yes we have a problem with the doors, and the fact that some patio doors in the first floor bedroom are built in different position to where they should be.
This now means that if you put a bed in the room you cannot open the patio doors and the wardrobe doors which also open into the room.
We are also using Nick as our solicitor and have instructed him that we do not want to complete until this and other matters are sorted.

Andy
Old Sep 29th 2006, 12:43 pm
Forum Regular

Spanishliferules is just really niceSpanishliferules is just really niceSpanishliferules is just really niceSpanishliferules is just really niceSpanishliferules is just really niceSpanishliferules is just really niceSpanishliferules is just really niceSpanishliferules is just really niceSpanishliferules is just really niceSpanishliferules is just really niceSpanishliferules is just really nice

Originally Posted by Ragomuffin
Based on the vitriol and disdain in his previous posts, I'd guess no...

...but maybe he'd secretly like to!
I have been in the area for 4 yrs and will be for many more to come, if you want to find me get into the Spanish bars,(not restaurants) Not Irish, Not Australian, Not Essex Bars

Last time I gave a little info about myself and where abouts on here, some idiot under the name bulletman PM'd me, threatening me and my family.

why oh why rago do you swallow the Oxford dictionary before posting, is it so annoying and must be some London upper class thing? ( or high opinion of ones self )

Because I am just peasant class and proud.

For my wife I think she would eat you alive, if you would like to get clever with her.

Oh I am quite happy with my development thankyou.

Last edited by Spanishliferules; Sep 29th 2006 at 12:45 pm.
Old Sep 29th 2006, 12:55 pm
James

JamesPatrick is an unknown quantity at this point

a few photies from a couple of weeks ago,
Attached Thumbnails Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part IV-dscn0136.jpg   Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part IV-dscn0180.jpg   Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part IV-dscn0189.jpg   Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part IV-dscn0191.jpg   Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part IV-dscn0192.jpg  

Old Sep 29th 2006, 12:58 pm
James

JamesPatrick is an unknown quantity at this point

and a few more
Attached Thumbnails Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part IV-dscn0193.jpg   Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part IV-dscn0194.jpg   Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part IV-dscn0195.jpg   Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part IV-dscn0196.jpg   Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part IV-dscn0186.jpg  

Old Sep 29th 2006, 1:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Steve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really nice

Originally Posted by Val D
Hi all,
With regards to credit card transactions I would just like to warn you about what happened to me in August. It was the bank holiday in Spain and the only supermarket I could find open was the El Jamon in Islantilla (the one at the commercial centre - its always open when others are not), I have used this one lots in the past and never had a problem paying by credit card. However this particular day I went to pay by card, the girl put the card in the machine and asked me to enter my PIN, I did and after a wait I was told it had been rejected "Invalid". This puzzled me but I needed the shopping so tried another card - Same thing. I then tried my cash card and guess what - same thing. This was very embarrassing as a large queue was forming. I had no choice but to leave the shopping at the till go to the cash machine return and pay cash (luckily there is a machine inside the shop). I thought nothing more about this until I returned home to find that all three cards had charged me for the transaction. I am now trying to get the money (about £45 each transaction) back which is proving difficult as I have nothing to prove the transactions where rejected and (silly me) I did not keep the receipt for the cash transaction.
So the moral of this story is, if you get a card turned down ask for a receipt stating this and keep all evidence of how you paid!
Sorry long story I know, but hope forewarned is forearmed
Val

Hi All

Something along somewhat similar lines. We used credit cards for the most part during our recent trip with no problems at all really (although I've yet to see the credit card bill). But there was just the one hitch, in the lighting shop in Lepe. My card was refused three times and eventually 'locked up'.

In fact the answer proved to be very simple. The assistant didn't understand the significance of being asked for a 'secret number' ie the PIN. So was each time trying to override the request, and didn't ask me to enter my number. Result no PIN and card locked. Fortunately, the card recovered its poise and was useable at the next shop. So keep your eye on what the assistant is doing. (As I say haven't seen what impact this wil have on the statement/bill.)

Steve y Pat
Old Sep 29th 2006, 1:48 pm
Just Joined

phil&karen is an unknown quantity at this point

We have read with interest over the last few months the various threads, and I think the forum provides an excellent way of passing on information, and learning from the issues other people have experienced. The photos posted have been very good.

We have bought on RVA 1, M3, with completion estimated at the end of next year. We are planning to visit Esuri in November to see how things are progressing. I would be very interested to get in touch with other people who have bought properties close to ours, and try to build a network of contacts and locate neighbours that hopefully will become friends in the future.

Phil
Old Sep 29th 2006, 2:07 pm
Account Closed

Sue-Tom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by 1livingthedream
Hi there i am new to this site! I am living in the Ayamonte with my family, and we are looking to rent a property for 6-12mts starting asap i am in need for a 3+ bed property in the Ayamonte - Costa Esuri area if you have a property to rent or know of someone? please let me know i look forward to hearing from someone soon.

Hi,
have just come back from Ayamonte after meeting solicitor choosing kitchens, we are moving our family to Ayamonte in February. Just curious which part are you moving to ? ages of children?

regards Sue
Old Sep 29th 2006, 3:24 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steve and Pat
Hi All

Something along somewhat similar lines. We used credit cards for the most part during our recent trip with no problems at all really (although I've yet to see the credit card bill). But there was just the one hitch, in the lighting shop in Lepe. My card was refused three times and eventually 'locked up'.

In fact the answer proved to be very simple. The assistant didn't understand the significance of being asked for a 'secret number' ie the PIN. So was each time trying to override the request, and didn't ask me to enter my number. Result no PIN and card locked. Fortunately, the card recovered its poise and was useable at the next shop. So keep your eye on what the assistant is doing. (As I say haven't seen what impact this wil have on the statement/bill.)

Steve y Pat
Most Spanish shops dont use the pin number, the Signature is good enough.
I dont think you can blame the assistant, It is possibly you who should of asked your bank the procedure for using a foreign pin type card in Spain ?
Old Sep 29th 2006, 10:57 pm
Forum Regular

Spanishliferules is just really niceSpanishliferules is just really niceSpanishliferules is just really niceSpanishliferules is just really niceSpanishliferules is just really niceSpanishliferules is just really niceSpanishliferules is just really niceSpanishliferules is just really niceSpanishliferules is just really niceSpanishliferules is just really niceSpanishliferules is just really nice

Originally Posted by jdr
Most Spanish shops dont use the pin number, the Signature is good enough.
I dont think you can blame the assistant, It is possibly you who should of asked your bank the procedure for using a foreign pin type card in Spain ?
JDR
My BBVA debt had a chip number three years ago.(not Feb 14 2006) (some countries still playing catch up). some times the number is requested and sometimes not. when not asked for, a picture id is required. Anyway never been ripped off. people whom have been should look nearer home not Jamon en Islantilla. (this is a public forum be careful)
Old Sep 29th 2006, 11:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

jonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nice

Originally Posted by Sue-Tom
Hi,
have just come back from Ayamonte after meeting solicitor choosing kitchens, we are moving our family to Ayamonte in February. Just curious which part are you moving to ? ages of children?

regards Sue
Sue,..Why did you get a solicitor to choose your kitchen ? ?
Old Sep 30th 2006, 7:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Ragomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Spanishliferules
I have been in the area for 4 yrs and will be for many more to come, if you want to find me get into the Spanish bars,(not restaurants) Not Irish, Not Australian, Not Essex Bars

Last time I gave a little info about myself and where abouts on here, some idiot under the name bulletman PM'd me, threatening me and my family.

why oh why rago do you swallow the Oxford dictionary before posting, is it so annoying and must be some London upper class thing? ( or high opinion of ones self )

Because I am just peasant class and proud.

For my wife I think she would eat you alive, if you would like to get clever with her.

Oh I am quite happy with my development thankyou.
Upper class, moi, you made me laugh so much the silver spoon fell out of my mouth.

No, I'm merely well educated. Not public school but an Essex comprehensive.

Funny thing is you don't seem to like anyone who isn't Spanish. Have you ever considered applying to the British Home office for a job, your enthusiastic xenophobia would sort out our immigration problems in no time.

Last edited by Ragomuffin; Sep 30th 2006 at 7:28 am. Reason: Bad Grammar
Old Sep 30th 2006, 8:48 am
!hola!

tednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Ragomuffin
Upper class, moi, you made me laugh so much the silver spoon fell out of my mouth.

No, I'm merely well educated. Not public school but an Essex comprehensive.

Funny thing is you don't seem to like anyone who isn't Spanish. Have you ever considered applying to the British Home office for a job, your enthusiastic xenophobia would sort out our immigration problems in no time.

Well said Ragomuffin you're a top man.

Ted

Last edited by tednsharon; Sep 30th 2006 at 8:59 am.
Old Sep 30th 2006, 11:45 am
BE Enthusiast

CAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by JamesPatrick
a few photies from a couple of weeks ago,
Great photos James - needed something uplifting this week! Keep them coming.

Carol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.