GOA - Buyer Beware!

Old Sep 13th 2009, 7:05 am
Account Closed

Goacrazy56 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: GOA - Buyer Beware!

Originally Posted by hemingway
Aye! The thread for the meeting/consulate that was created on I.M. this morning looks like it's already descending into a row - started by the self appointed visa expert/guru - Haylo. That person's manner of posting really annoys me. I must stop myself from reading that bloody site. . . . . . . . .

H.
Never read the IM site since I was barred from it 18 months ago.I always found the site very cynical and people just spoiling for a fight,not a discussion either.
Old Sep 13th 2009, 8:33 am
Just Joined

bombayduck is an unknown quantity at this point

Here it is! Just been passed to me.

[email protected] and the persons name is Beryl Nasse, she will try and assimilate the info and pass onto Vicki Treadwall (I think that's her surname) who is deputy High commission in Mumbai.

Beryl Nesse might be looking for clients to act on their behalf at a cost so beware. Most likely not much work for her at the moment so be careful she knows a few people at a personal level but wont be the guru you may be looking for talks the talk but cant deliver
Old Sep 13th 2009, 8:49 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by bombayduck

[email protected] and the persons name is Beryl Nasse, she will try and assimilate the info and pass onto Vicki Treadwall (I think that's her surname) who is deputy High commission in Mumbai.

Beryl Nesse might be looking for clients to act on their behalf at a cost so beware. Most likely not much work for her at the moment so be careful she knows a few people at a personal level but wont be the guru you may be looking for talks the talk but cant deliver
Beryl Nesse is assistant to the British Consulate in Panjim,how will she be looking for clients,she will collate the information from letters and e-mails edit the cr*p then pass all the relevant information onto the British Consulate Vicki Treadwall,can you explain what cost you are talking about please?
GC
Old Sep 13th 2009, 3:16 pm
Just Joined

harry1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Re: GOA - Buyer Beware!

you must know, that the majority of the personel working in the ,so called consulate in panjim,are british but, goans of origin,they never done anything for anyone,and stories can tell,are just a poppets,spending tax payers in their own home paradise,never lift a finger,and donĀ“t know how with this property fiasco after so long, will make them moving their a**e.i just wish you luck and patience from my bottom of my heart.
Old Sep 13th 2009, 5:41 pm
Forum Regular

davidhendry is just really nicedavidhendry is just really nicedavidhendry is just really nicedavidhendry is just really nicedavidhendry is just really nicedavidhendry is just really nicedavidhendry is just really nicedavidhendry is just really nicedavidhendry is just really nice

Originally Posted by harry1
you must know, that the majority of the personel working in the ,so called consulate in panjim,are british but, goans of origin,they never done anything for anyone,and stories can tell,are just a poppets,spending tax payers in their own home paradise,never lift a finger,and donĀ“t know how with this property fiasco after so long, will make them moving their a**e.i just wish you luck and patience from my bottom of my heart.

Extremely unfair.
Ten years ago,I approached the girl in Panjim, asked her to be present in court to give me some moral support,I guess. She came, and was very supportive.Four years ago, my new passport was late in arriving from Mumbai. The FRO had me jumping through hoops.Help from the Panjim girl solved the problem in two days.
We Dregs must bear in mind that we`re not wanted in India. Not just Goa. Ten years visa in US or Oz-----No prob.
As a postscript, my court case is ongoing.Subject of case? House. Need I elaborate!!!!
Regards.
Old Sep 13th 2009, 6:55 pm

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by davidhendry
Extremely unfair.
Ten years ago,I approached the girl in Panjim, asked her to be present in court to give me some moral support,I guess. She came, and was very supportive.Four years ago, my new passport was late in arriving from Mumbai. The FRO had me jumping through hoops.Help from the Panjim girl solved the problem in two days.
We Dregs must bear in mind that we`re not wanted in India. Not just Goa. Ten years visa in US or Oz-----No prob.
As a postscript, my court case is ongoing.Subject of case? House. Need I elaborate!!!!
Regards.
So are you saying by the time our D of E cases are concluded, I will be on the pyre.
Old Sep 13th 2009, 8:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Remy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to all
Default Re: Help am I going Gar!!Gar!!

Originally Posted by Goacrazy56
Help!!! did I read a discussion on here that for a PIO-or NRI to comply with FEMA they can purchase property in India but would have to give up their property in the UK or other place they have settled.?????????

I have just been in a discussion with friend about this issue
Someone put me out of misery and let me know as soon as possible
Andy,Babu. your help with this one please as you or are the FEMA kings
Don't Panic GC,
Having property elsewhere doesn't affect your 'right to purchase immovable property' under the PIO or OCI scheme.

Regards,
Remy
Old Sep 13th 2009, 8:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

a_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to behold

Umm!! thought I might of when I said it today,I could have swore Id read it on this site.I think I must be goanmad
no, you haven't lost the plot, there have been various confused discussions about this - although I have never heard it connected to PIO / NRI's.
There are or have been restrictions on Indian residents owning property abroad BUT Section 6. of FEMA says:
(4) A person resident in India may hold, own, transfer or invest in foreign currency, foreign security or any immovable property situated outside India if such currency, security or property was acquired, held or owned by such person when he was resident outside India or inherited from a person who was resident outside India.
(5) A person resident outside India may hold, own, transfer or invest in Indian currency, security or any immovable property situated in India if such currency, security or property was acquired, held or owned by such person when he was resident in India or inherited from a person who was resident in India.

AndyD 8-)#
Old Sep 13th 2009, 9:09 pm

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

I have just been pm'd this statement.

Yes Beryl Nasse is with the British Business Group in Goa but she is now also a warden for the British Consulate in South Goa. As i explained to you on the phone the consulate is doing what they call an outreach program and to promote themselves and the facility of "Locate" which is a registration of British Citizens in case of any disasters.

They are also aware that British citizens are having a tough time and will listen to what people have to say and to pass on the information to Mumbai, but in their capacity as a Consulate they will not be able to physically help at that time.

What I want is that all Brits turn up for a head count so the consulate can see the amount of people that are having serious problems and to make sure the issues are passed onto Mumbai so that they have all the information for when they speak to Indian officials in Delhi.

Apart from turning up on Friday also what is required is that everyone puts in a Bullet Point Format their concerns to the e-mail address I supplied earlier, because the British Consulate have requested this I am sure the information will be looked into and passed through the necessary channels.
Old Sep 13th 2009, 9:46 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by a_f_d
no, you haven't lost the plot, there have been various confused discussions about this - although I have never heard it connected to PIO / NRI's.
There are or have been restrictions on Indian residents owning property abroad BUT Section 6. of FEMA says:
(4) A person resident in India may hold, own, transfer or invest in foreign currency, foreign security or any immovable property situated outside India if such currency, security or property was acquired, held or owned by such person when he was resident outside India or inherited from a person who was resident outside India.
(5) A person resident outside India may hold, own, transfer or invest in Indian currency, security or any immovable property situated in India if such currency, security or property was acquired, held or owned by such person when he was resident in India or inherited from a person who was resident in India.

AndyD 8-)#
Cheers Andy I was bigining to think I was going Gar!!gar!! reading to much stuff on India
So noni babe!!! im not a complete plonker
Old Sep 14th 2009, 12:33 am

Cheers Andy I was bigining to think I was going Gar!!gar!! reading to much stuff on India
So noni babe!!! im not a complete plonker
I've definately lost the plot.
Old Sep 14th 2009, 5:24 am
I love apathy!

hemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud of
Default Re: Locate - from I.M.

Copied from I.M.

Today, 15:18 #19
jcbrum

The meeting is being held to promote Locate and has NOTHING to do with property issues whatsover.So, if people are going to the meeting thinking they can bring up this issue they are mistaken.

John

Now, I've no idea if the above is correct or not, but John should know what's going on as he is 'on the ground' in Goa full time.

H.
Old Sep 14th 2009, 6:02 am
Account Closed

Default Re: Locate - from I.M.

Originally Posted by hemingway
Copied from I.M.

Today, 15:18 #19
jcbrum

The meeting is being held to promote Locate and has NOTHING to do with property issues whatsover.So, if people are going to the meeting thinking they can bring up this issue they are mistaken.

John

Now, I've no idea if the above is correct or not, but John should know what's going on as he is 'on the ground' in Goa full time.

H.
There are at least 40 Brits attending this meeting so I have been told with property issues,I can't see how they are going to stop them bringing it up to be honest

In the light of the pm posted by Noni earlier today as well I think it is a forgone conclusion it will be top of the Brits agenda if not the British consulates

I have just been pm'd this statement.

Yes Beryl Nasse is with the British Business Group in Goa but she is now also a warden for the British Consulate in South Goa. As i explained to you on the phone the consulate is doing what they call an outreach program and to promote themselves and the facility of "Locate" which is a registration of British Citizens in case of any disasters.

They are also aware that British citizens are having a tough time and will listen to what people have to say and to pass on the information to Mumbai, but in their capacity as a Consulate they will not be able to physically help at that time.

What I want is that all Brits turn up for a head count so the consulate can see the amount of people that are having serious problems and to make sure the issues are passed onto Mumbai so that they have all the information for when they speak to Indian officials in Delhi.

Apart from turning up on Friday also what is required is that everyone puts in a Bullet Point Format their concerns to the e-mail address I supplied earlier, because the British Consulate have requested this I am sure the information will be looked into and passed through the necessary channels
Old Sep 15th 2009, 8:06 pm
Forum Regular

More is an unknown quantity at this point

Has anyone heard that an announcement is going to be made soon, that FN are going to be allowed to sell their properties, as long as it is to an Indian.
Old Sep 15th 2009, 9:17 pm
Forum Regular

Banyan has a spectacular aura aboutBanyan has a spectacular aura aboutBanyan has a spectacular aura about

[SIZE="4"]

[COLOR="Blue"]

Hi,

If only! The Goan Authorities would allow us to sell our properties on to Indians/Goans with no timescale involved. This would be the most decent and right thing to do.

Last edited by noni; Mar 21st 2010 at 6:40 pm.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.