Wikiposts

GOA - Buyer Beware!

Old Sep 15th 2009, 9:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

a_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: GOA - Buyer Beware!

Originally Posted by More
Has anyone heard that an announcement is going to be made soon, that FN are going to be allowed to sell their properties, as long as it is to an Indian.
I haven't.

AndyD 8-)#
Old Sep 16th 2009, 12:32 am

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=a_f_d;7935413]I haven't.

AndyD 8-)#[/QUO
Old Sep 19th 2009, 3:35 am
Forum Regular

goa utd is on a distinguished road

Has there been any news of the meeting at the Tate Bar with Beryl Nasse?
Old Sep 19th 2009, 3:44 am
Account Closed

Goacrazy56 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by goa utd
Has there been any news of the meeting at the Tate Bar with Beryl Nasse?
Hi Beryl never turned up Im told but there is a meeting next month with the consulate about the property issues.There will be an article in the Sunday times tomorrow about this a BE member Daff as gone Public and Nicci Smith from the times went to Goa and attended the meeting go to the thread Sunday times needs your help and read about it
GC
Old Sep 19th 2009, 9:56 am
Just Joined

Dellon is on a distinguished road

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle6841248.ece
Old Sep 19th 2009, 9:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Remy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to all

Hi Dellon,
Thanks for posting the link and well done Su for having the guts to stand up for your rights and confront the issue head on. Its great to see an expat on the offensive and attacking the Goan authorities head on.
Old Sep 19th 2009, 9:54 pm
Forum Regular

Daff has a spectacular aura aboutDaff has a spectacular aura aboutDaff has a spectacular aura about
Smile Re: GOA - Buyer Beware!

Originally Posted by Remy-Ireland
Hi Dellon,
Thanks for posting the link and well done Su for having the guts to stand up for your rights and confront the issue head on. Its great to see an expat on the offensive and attacking the Goan authorities head on.
Thanks Remy. I don't know about taking on the Goan authorities but I've given it a go. I hope I won't have to stand alone for all time. To paraphrase Barry Manilow 'just one voice, singing in the darkness'. Lets get the ball rolling and have a few more voices. As you say Remy, 'better to light a candle than curse the dark'. 2 candles would be better though.
Su
Old Sep 21st 2009, 5:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Remy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Daff
Thanks Remy. I don't know about taking on the Goan authorities but I've given it a go. I hope I won't have to stand alone for all time. To paraphrase Barry Manilow 'just one voice, singing in the darkness'. Lets get the ball rolling and have a few more voices. As you say Remy, 'better to light a candle than curse the dark'. 2 candles would be better though.
Su
Hi All,

This is the current info on the British FCO website regarding property purchase in Goa.....I apologise if its been posted before.

Purchasing Property

You are advised to seek comprehensive legal advice from a reliable source before investing in immovable property or businesses in India. There have been a significant number of cases where British citizens and other foreign nationals have encountered serious difficulties, often apparently as a result of misleading advice from unscrupulous agents and by not adhering to strict visa and FEMA regulations resulting in (often unwitting) illegal acquisition of property.

There are strict rules preventing the purchase of property by non-Indian nationals (for example in Goa), which cannot be bypassed (e.g. by registering a local company for the sole purpose of acquiring a property). If the purchase is judged to violate local laws (including if you purchase whilst on a tourist visa), you are likely to lose all the money you have put in to the purchase, and may even face prosecution. For further information about the purchase of property in India please see: http://www.rbi.org.in/scripts/FAQView.aspx?Id=33.
Old Sep 21st 2009, 5:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Return of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant future

Hi All,

This is the current info on the British FCO website regarding property purchase in Goa.....I apologise if its been posted before.

Purchasing Property

You are advised to seek comprehensive legal advice from a reliable source before investing in immovable property or businesses in India. There have been a significant number of cases where British citizens and other foreign nationals have encountered serious difficulties, often apparently as a result of misleading advice from unscrupulous agents and by not adhering to strict visa and FEMA regulations resulting in (often unwitting) illegal acquisition of property.

There are strict rules preventing the purchase of property by non-Indian nationals (for example in Goa), which cannot be bypassed (e.g. by registering a local company for the sole purpose of acquiring a property). If the purchase is judged to violate local laws (including if you purchase whilst on a tourist visa), you are likely to lose all the money you have put in to the purchase, and may even face prosecution. For further information about the purchase of property in India please see: http://www.rbi.org.in/scripts/FAQView.aspx?Id=33.
Hi Remy,

This has been amended a few times since the start of the problems, its just a pity the FCO didn't/ wouldn't /advise/ help us in the first place chinless wonders
Old Sep 21st 2009, 5:29 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Kan-conned
Hi Remy,

This has been amended a few times since the start of the problems, its just a pity the FCO didn't/ wouldn't /advise/ help us in the first place chinless wonders
Hi KC,

I agree.........but i think the FCO and British Government might be waiting to see the outcome of the DoE investigations. The onus is currently on the Goan State Government to make the next move.
So far property confiscations have not taken place (to British Expats) to the best of my knowledge so at the minute its a game of chess.
Old Sep 21st 2009, 5:46 am
Account Closed

Hi KC,

I agree.........but i think the FCO and British Government might be waiting to see the outcome of the DoE investigations. The onus is currently on the Goan State Government to make the next move.
So far property confiscations have not taken place (to British Expats) to the best of my knowledge so at the minute its a game of chess.
Andy D the RBI king,
Has anything changed with FEMA, this is what we have to comply with.
I had another e-mail today from my advocate,in responce to me sending him the times article stating we have complied with the law,same old baloney blaa!!blaa!!blaa!!
Old Sep 21st 2009, 6:02 am
Forum Regular

Banyan has a spectacular aura aboutBanyan has a spectacular aura aboutBanyan has a spectacular aura about

Hi KC,

Hi Remy,

Absolutely agree with all that you have said.

IT IS A GAME OF CHESS.

No one will gain here and especially if people such as the Brits will not walk away from their properties without a fight! There as already been mention on this site that they will hire trucks and ram their properties before they will give them up.

It is now in the Media in the UK and in other counties what's going on in Goa and what a public embarrassment it is to them.

This problem needs sorting and the sooner the better for all concerned.

Well done to Su (Daff) for standing up and being counted. She's a brave women.

Last edited by noni; Mar 21st 2010 at 6:41 pm.
Old Sep 21st 2009, 8:15 am

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sunglow
Hi Remy,

Absolutely agree with all that you have said.

IT IS A GAME OF CHESS.

No one will gain here and especially if people such as the Brits will not walk away from their properties without a fight! There as already been mention on this site that they will hire trucks and ram their properties before they will give them up.

It is now in the Media in the UK and in other counties what's going on in Goa and what a public embarrassment it is to them.

This problem needs sorting and the sooner the better for all concerned.

Well done to Su (Daff) for standing up and being counted. She's a brave women.

Sunglow.

The sad thing is it is tarnishing Goa for us, those of us who loved the place and bought because of our love of Goa. Why don't they understand. Either leave us alone, or let us sell our properties and leave.
Old Sep 21st 2009, 8:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by noni
The sad thing is it is tarnishing Goa for us, those of us who loved the place and bought because of our love of Goa. Why don't they understand. Either leave us alone, or let us sell our properties and leave.
They have a lot to think about now Noni.
All the legal implications concerning the rights and wrongs of FEMA interpretation along with the possible repercussions of a British/India fall out should they try and confiscate properties bought in good faith. Also it would send alarm bells ringing through the global investment world......just how safe a country is India to invest in???
You may find that Delhi will end up intervening and sorting the Goan state Government out once and for all.
By all means punish the landgrabbers (Russian Mafia) along with the corrupt Goan politicians who have been bought by them but the genuine devout resident and business FNs should be rewarded for their contribution and not punished.

Will sense and justice prevail?
lets live in Hope!
Old Sep 21st 2009, 8:58 am
Account Closed

They have a lot to think about now Noni.
All the legal implications concerning the rights and wrongs of FEMA interpretation along with the possible repercussions of a British/India fall out should they try and confiscate properties bought in good faith. Also it would send alarm bells ringing through the global investment world......just how safe a country is India to invest in???
You may find that Delhi will end up intervening and sorting the Goan state Government out once and for all.
By all means punish the landgrabbers (Russian Mafia) along with the corrupt Goan politicians who have been bought by them but the genuine devout resident and business FNs should be rewarded for their contribution and not punished.

Will sense and justice prevail?
lets live in Hope!
100% agree with you Remy,I re-iterate Until this get out of Goa and Delhi do step in, we will be having this same discussion in 5 years time. That is if we haven't had the property confiscated or in my case my lease not re-newed which my builder as openly said he is not going to re-new as he want to sell the property on to the boys from Delhi or out of state.We only paid to have the place built,we own nothing according to him.

I would welcome Delhi stepping in at least we would know one way or another where we stood.Then if they give us the money back we can go else where and holiday where we are wanted.I suspect Delhi know what is going on. Look at the couple in the Sunday Times who went to Delhi for their visa and was told to go home and had their papers thrown in the bin.They had lived in Goa for 10 yrs on X visas.I think there is an hidden agenda and It isn't helping us Brits this is a worry

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.