Wikiposts

GOA - Buyer Beware!

Old Sep 22nd 2009, 6:49 pm

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: GOA - Buyer Beware!

It will be a braver person than me, who even contemplates buying abroad again. Money in the Bank - and enjoy holidays stress free.
Old Sep 23rd 2009, 4:28 am
BE Forum Addict

a_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by noni
It will be a braver person than me, who even contemplates buying abroad again. Money in the Bank - and enjoy holidays stress free.
... what? earning about 2% less than the real rate of inflation???

AndyD - back in Goa! 8-)#
Old Sep 23rd 2009, 5:23 am

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

Peace of mind comes at a price
What good does it do having a property I can't sell even if it is worth £50K more than I paid for it.
But as I have said, I want to stay and live in peace and tranquility in my golden years
Old Sep 23rd 2009, 7:42 am
BE Forum Addict

k800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to behold

What good does it do having a property I can't sell even if it is worth £50K more than I paid for it.
But as I have said, I want to stay and live in peace and tranquility in my golden years
If we sell up (I'd rather not) I think we will buy a motor home with our money and spend the winters touring warm countries.
Old Sep 23rd 2009, 7:53 am
Forum Regular

Banyan has a spectacular aura aboutBanyan has a spectacular aura aboutBanyan has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by k800mer
If we sell up (I'd rather not) I think we will buy a motor home with our money and spend the winters touring warm countries.
The are problems with motor homes such as you cannot park up in towns to do shopping. There has been some cases in France of people being gassed through the vents and robbed!

Best to hire one before buying.

Last edited by noni; Mar 21st 2010 at 6:44 pm.
Old Sep 23rd 2009, 7:42 pm
Forum Regular

Daff has a spectacular aura aboutDaff has a spectacular aura aboutDaff has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Sunglow
The are problems with motor homes such as you cannot park up in towns to do shopping. There has been some cases in France of people being gassed through the vents and robbed!

Best to hire one before buying.

Sunglow.
Caravans are a good alternative. We have one in the UK and have some great times out in it.
If you ask me in this life and time its probably better to rent or hire everything before you buy!
Old Sep 23rd 2009, 9:05 pm

Originally Posted by Daff
Caravans are a good alternative. We have one in the UK and have some great times out in it.
If you ask me in this life and time its probably better to rent or hire everything before you buy!
Excuse me - Please can you keep this to the important subject of
Property, by all means start another thread 'What will I do with my money
when IF i get it back. THANKS
Old Sep 23rd 2009, 11:37 pm
Forum Regular

Daff has a spectacular aura aboutDaff has a spectacular aura aboutDaff has a spectacular aura about

Excuse me - Please can you keep this to the important subject of
Property, by all means start another thread 'What will I do with my money
when IF i get it back. THANKS
Sorry Noni got carried away.
Old Sep 25th 2009, 12:15 pm

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: GOA - Buyer Beware!

Oh my God !! Please do not enlist the services of (SNIP) This man is a con artist and a charmer who will take your money but let you down. At the beginning you will think he is great with all the reasurrances and smarmy chat he gives you - wait until 2 years down the line and you will find out exactly what a mistake it is to employ him. Then when you catch him out he will deny all responsibility and try to blame it on you.

As an result of my enlisting his services, he gave me completely wrong advice and now I have been fined because of his failures to do what I paid him to do.
AVOID THIS MAN AT ALL COSTS !!

Last edited by Mitzyboy; Sep 25th 2009 at 11:51 pm. Reason: I'm sorry. You cant say that on here, the site owners could be left open to legal action
Old Sep 25th 2009, 12:53 pm

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

Has anyone considered that we are all in a similar boat here, albeit slight differences in circumstances, but the same outcome all the same.
Su has bravely put her head above the parapet and taken the matter to the govt and the press, with a positive response.

Could the way forward be for us all to join forces and press for our govt to bring pressure, and look at a class action type approach to go to Delhi?
The way I see it, there is power in numbers, and maybe if we all stand together, we will bring about a resolve.
Old Sep 25th 2009, 7:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Return of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant future

Noni "Peace of mind comes at a price
But as I have said, I want to stay and live in peace and tranquility in my golden years"

Morning all,

A Place In The Sun Live ! comes to Birmingham and London next month
And thankfully when it comes to buying in India it now gives a very big warning on Non PIO's etc buying there ( How come the rest of the DEVELOPED world wants you to buy and India doesn't ?)

http://www.aplaceinthesun.com/property-investment

I did however notice our old friends Knight Knox International are going to be there and they still feature Goa on their books
I wonder what yarn they spin these days to get you to buy last time it was a 99 year lease !
Old Sep 26th 2009, 12:55 am
BE Forum Addict

a_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by dreadsoc
Has anyone considered that we are all in a similar boat here, albeit slight differences in circumstances, but the same outcome all the same.
Su has bravely put her head above the parapet and taken the matter to the govt and the press, with a positive response.

Could the way forward be for us all to join forces and press for our govt to bring pressure, and look at a class action type approach to go to Delhi?
The way I see it, there is power in numbers, and maybe if we all stand together, we will bring about a resolve.
did you know about this?

AndyD 8-)#
Old Sep 26th 2009, 1:08 am

Originally Posted by dreadsoc

Hi Dreadsoc,

Welcome to the site - sorry to see you are one of those in deep .........
You will find plenty of support here.
Old Sep 26th 2009, 1:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Kan-conned
Noni "Peace of mind comes at a price
But as I have said, I want to stay and live in peace and tranquility in my golden years"

Morning all,

A Place In The Sun Live ! comes to Birmingham and London next month
And thankfully when it comes to buying in India it now gives a very big warning on Non PIO's etc buying there ( How come the rest of the DEVELOPED world wants you to buy and India doesn't ?)

http://www.aplaceinthesun.com/property-investment

I did however notice our old friends Knight Knox International are going to be there and they still feature Goa on their books
I wonder what yarn they spin these days to get you to buy last time it was a 99 year lease !
They are still quoting FERA which was replaced 10 years ago!(but do say most Brits can't buy)

AndyD
Old Sep 26th 2009, 12:39 pm

Question Re: GOA - Buyer Beware!

Originally Posted by a_f_d
did you know about this?

AndyD 8-)#
Wow thats a lot of people - are they all people who have bought property in Goa ?
If so I would love to collate every single person on that petitions account and see if I can identify core threads and patterns.
It seems that we are all fighting our own individual battles over our homes in Goa, feeling scared and intimidated, and feeling that the corruption in Goa is impossible to fight.
I think that we have got a chance, but not as individuals, only by coming together.
Look at the recent event - a petition was sent resulting in press attention and the British govt issuing a sort of warning to Goa. I think if we can collate and analyse our Goa circumstances, present it in a format, we could get even more of such support.
Just something to consider.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.