Wikiposts

GOA - Buyer Beware!

Old Sep 21st 2009, 9:15 am
A little honey

Honey Bee is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: GOA - Buyer Beware!

Originally Posted by Goacrazy56
100% agree with you Remy,I re-iterate Until this get out of Goa and Delhi do step in, we will be having this same discussion in 5 years time. That is if we haven't had the property confiscated or in my case my lease not re-newed which my builder as openly said he is not going to re-new as he want to sell the property on to the boys from Delhi or out of state.We only paid to have the place built,we own nothing according to him.

I would welcome Delhi stepping in at least we would know one way or another where we stood.Then if they give us the money back we can go else where and holiday where we are wanted.I suspect Delhi know what is going on. Look at the couple in the Sunday Times who went to Delhi for their visa and was told to go home and had their papers thrown in the bin.They had lived in Goa for 10 yrs on X visas.I think there is an hidden agenda and It isn't helping us Brits this is a worry
As others have said - GIVE US OUR MONEY BACK AND LET US LEAVE THE GOANS IN PEACE. WE CAN ALWAYS HOLIDAY ELSEWHERE.
Old Sep 21st 2009, 8:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

a_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to behold

Andy D the RBI king,
Has anything changed with FEMA, this is what we have to comply with.
I had another e-mail today from my advocate,in responce to me sending him the times article stating we have complied with the law,same old baloney blaa!!blaa!!blaa!!
No, nothing has changed, although the FAQ look a bit more comprehensive.

AndyD 8-)#
Old Sep 21st 2009, 8:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

a_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Honey Bee
As others have said - GIVE US OUR MONEY BACK AND LET US LEAVE THE GOANS IN PEACE. WE CAN ALWAYS HOLIDAY ELSEWHERE.
actually, I don't want my money back - I want to be allowed to Register my property.

AndyD 8-)#
Old Sep 21st 2009, 8:56 pm

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by a_f_d
actually, I don't want my money back - I want to be allowed to Register my property.

AndyD 8-)#
We just want to be able to live in peace without the D of E hanging over us.
If you register your property Andy, you may have them on your back and then another battle has to be won, and more years of stress.

Can't wait to go back for the Season.
Old Sep 21st 2009, 10:11 pm
Account Closed

Goacrazy56 is an unknown quantity at this point

AndyD 8-)#
Hi i don't either but if I can't register and they don't want us then I will have to live with getting my money back and going somewhere they do want us
if they will give it??? i have been looking at Brazil but i want a lot more information on it before I do anything.OH said no!!no!!no!! not again lets just get our money out and holiday.He never wants to buy property abroad again.Where is his sense of adventure.?????

Last edited by Goacrazy56; Sep 21st 2009 at 10:15 pm.
Old Sep 21st 2009, 10:27 pm
Forum Regular

Daff has a spectacular aura aboutDaff has a spectacular aura aboutDaff has a spectacular aura about

AndyD 8-)#
OTOH I want my money back. I would not trust them not to register our deeds and then come up with some compulsory purchase order like I understand Spain did . I'm with your OH GC, NEVER EVER AGAIN AS LONG AS I DRAW BREATH.
Old Sep 21st 2009, 11:33 pm

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Daff
OTOH I want my money back. I would not trust them not to register our deeds and then come up with some compulsory purchase order like I understand Spain did . I'm with your OH GC, NEVER EVER AGAIN AS LONG AS I DRAW BREATH.
O.K. so you all register - then what you will all one day be in our position - sorry mates but that is Goan life more trauma, I suppose one of the plus's is that we have got the property in our name for what it is worth.
Old Sep 22nd 2009, 12:28 am
Forum Regular

Banyan has a spectacular aura aboutBanyan has a spectacular aura aboutBanyan has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by noni
O.K. so you all register - then what you will all one day be in our position - sorry mates but that is Goan life more trauma, I suppose one of the plus's is that we have got the property in our name for what it is worth.
[COLOR="Blue"][SIZE="4"]I have been told that you are better off not being allowed to register your property as there are futher complications which prevents you selling.

Like others on this site, I do not want my money back but wish this issue could be resolved and I had peace of mind that my property and assets will not be taken from me. Like others I have gone through all the correct and official channels of buying.

I am aware that the Goan Authorities have to do their investigations but why are these investigations taking so long to complete? These have been going on since mid 2006.

This property issue needs to be sorted ASAP for all concerned.

There is no doubt these reports in the International Media will put further tourists off going to Goa and affect the Goan economy. As reported in the Goan Press last week, 200 charter flights have pulled out this season and that is only the start of things to come. After all, people will not go where they are not really wanted will they? It is very sad that it has come to this and it will be very hard for Goa to attract all these lost tourists back, if ever.

Last edited by noni; Mar 21st 2010 at 6:43 pm.
Old Sep 22nd 2009, 1:02 am
Just Joined

harry1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi i don't either but if I can't register and they don't want us then I will have to live with getting my money back and going somewhere they do want us
if they will give it??? i have been looking at Brazil but i want a lot more information on it before I do anything.OH said no!!no!!no!! not again lets just get our money out and holiday.He never wants to buy property abroad again.Where is his sense of adventure.?????
hi, i was one of those who had the chance to sell my appartment on sale agreement a year ago,i once like most of you loved goa,but sorry to say it,not anymore,had it to my head.now i live in brasil,happily,,better life.yes there is bureaucratic stuff,but all can all be done through the brasilian consulate in london.hassle free.the properties still affordable,and there is a lot of expats living in the same spot out in north east of brasil,were the is warmer,and nicer.if any doubt pm.and good luck to everyone.
Old Sep 22nd 2009, 1:03 am
Forum Regular

Daff has a spectacular aura aboutDaff has a spectacular aura aboutDaff has a spectacular aura about

It is a great tragedy for both foreign purchasers, holiday makers and the normal 'man in the street' Goan. But they wished us gone Sunglow. In all walks of life, be careful what you wish for.
Old Sep 22nd 2009, 1:20 am
Forum Regular

Banyan has a spectacular aura aboutBanyan has a spectacular aura aboutBanyan has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Daff
It is a great tragedy for both foreign purchasers, holiday makers and the normal 'man in the street' Goan. But they wished us gone Sunglow. In all walks of life, be careful what you wish for.
What's that old saying?

"YOU NEVER MISS THE WELL TILL THE WATER RUNS DRY".

When hotels, restaurants etc are mostly empty maybe they will realise what they have done, but sadly it maybe will be too late as there will be no going back.

Sunglow.
Old Sep 22nd 2009, 1:31 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Sunglow
What's that old saying?

When hotels, restaurants etc are mostly empty maybe they will realise what they have done, but sadly it maybe will be too late as there will be no going back.

Sunglow.
"YOU NEVER MISS THE WATER TILL THE WELL RUNS DRY".

Old Sep 22nd 2009, 1:34 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Sunglow
What's that old saying?

Sunglow.
How right you are
Old Sep 22nd 2009, 8:02 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by harry1
hi, i was one of those who had the chance to sell my appartment on sale agreement a year ago,i once like most of you loved goa,but sorry to say it,not anymore,had it to my head.now i live in brasil,happily,,better life.yes there is bureaucratic stuff,but all can all be done through the brasilian consulate in london.hassle free.the properties still affordable,and there is a lot of expats living in the same spot out in north east of brasil,were the is warmer,and nicer.if any doubt pm.and good luck to everyone.
[COLOR="Blue"][SIZE="4"]

Hi Harry 1 and all,

Thanks for sharing your info with us all.

Well, you took the bull by the horns when you decided to move out. This is the decision that I will also make and soon.

The worry of it all is getting too much!

WHY OH WHY IS IT TAKING SO LONG FOR THE GOAN GOVENMENT TO COMPLETE THIS INVESTIGATION?

If they are going to take our properties then bl***y get on with it! Do it!

One thing I will say is, the Brits will never go without a bl**dly good fight!

THIS ISSUE NEEDS RESLOVING AND SOON! Already some of the world's press knows what's going on therefore think this thing needs winding up and closing before it does more damage to the Goan tourist industry.

Goa is not moving forward with the rest of the world.

Goan needs to clean up the rubbish tips and the beaches bit time and make ALL people welcome!

Last edited by noni; Mar 21st 2010 at 6:44 pm.
Old Sep 22nd 2009, 4:40 pm
Forum Regular

davidhendry is just really nicedavidhendry is just really nicedavidhendry is just really nicedavidhendry is just really nicedavidhendry is just really nicedavidhendry is just really nicedavidhendry is just really nicedavidhendry is just really nicedavidhendry is just really nice

I`m sure all of us have thought of where we will end up when we are told to leave this paradise. I`m going to Swindon.
Regards.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.