Wikiposts

GOA - Buyer Beware!

Old Sep 26th 2009, 1:45 pm

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: GOA - Buyer Beware!

Originally Posted by noni
Hi Dreadsoc,

Welcome to the site - sorry to see you are one of those in deep .........
You will find plenty of support here.
Hi - thank you.

Just to outline my circs in brief ;
I purchased a flat in Goa. I went to a lawyer prior to purchase, and was told to either reside for 182 days or to open a company. I checked Indian law which backed up these options as legal. I then went for the company option. I went along with everything the lawyer told me I needed to do, and paid him. The last step to register the company was to submit documents to the State Bank of India to obtain an RBI certificate.I paid him several thousand rupees as the fee for submitting these docs to RBI.
I have chased him up for this certificate for several years now, to be repeatedly told that it takes a long time. He expressly told me that until I had that cert, my company was not registered and I need take no actions in respect of annual accounts etc, something I asked him about several times.
I have now been served default notices, and told I will be fined any amount up to 50k because no submission was made for the RBI certificate. Basically despite accepting money from me to submit these items, he failed to do so, yet has continually lied to me saying he submitted them!
I have also been charged exhorbitant fees to get accounts submitted post haste to avoid further fines, and been told it will cost me another exhorbitant sum to close the company.
Just goes to show that even the lawyers lie and cheat ! How strange that he recently found the documents he should have submitted were still at his office - yet he still denies responsibility !aaaaaaaaaaaaaah
Old Sep 27th 2009, 4:00 am
Forum Regular

Veritas1 is just really niceVeritas1 is just really niceVeritas1 is just really niceVeritas1 is just really niceVeritas1 is just really niceVeritas1 is just really niceVeritas1 is just really niceVeritas1 is just really nice

Hi, If it helps you really do need to engage the services of a properly qualified
Chartered Accountant who is professionally qualified to prepare accounts, annual returns, and will have a better working knowledge of RBI procedures, Company Regulations etc. Strictly speaking, it isnt a field of speciality for advocates and some of the better ones will advise you of this.

Also, if you have paid for work which has not been done, you could consider
writing to confirm your displeasure; I guess that the professions in India will,
like here, have procedures to cope with these situations but importantly for
you it is sensible to have some written evidence that you have tried to comply with the law - that I would have thought should be taken into account in circumstances where it is necessary for you to appeal a fine.

Good luck
Old Sep 27th 2009, 4:14 am
BE Forum Addict

k800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to behold

Does anyone know if qualified Accountants in India have to belong to a controlling/regulating body as in the UK? To do my CIMA exams I had to be a member. If people have complaints about a member then they should be able to complain to the regulating body.
Old Sep 27th 2009, 4:26 am
BE Enthusiast

Return of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by k800mer
Does anyone know if qualified Accountants in India have to belong to a controlling/regulating body as in the UK? To do my CIMA exams I had to be a member. If people have complaints about a member then they should be able to complain to the regulating body.
Hi k800mer

These are the main bodies that I am aware of, suggest to those whose use the services of a C/Acc make sure the practice belongs to them

Institute of Charted Accountants of India (ICAI),

Accounting Standards Board (ASB)

K-C
Old Sep 27th 2009, 10:46 am

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: GOA - Buyer Beware!

Originally Posted by Veritas1
Hi, If it helps you really do need to engage the services of a properly qualified
Chartered Accountant who is professionally qualified to prepare accounts, annual returns, and will have a better working knowledge of RBI procedures, Company Regulations etc. Strictly speaking, it isnt a field of speciality for advocates and some of the better ones will advise you of this.

Also, if you have paid for work which has not been done, you could consider
writing to confirm your displeasure; I guess that the professions in India will,
like here, have procedures to cope with these situations but importantly for
you it is sensible to have some written evidence that you have tried to comply with the law - that I would have thought should be taken into account in circumstances where it is necessary for you to appeal a fine.

Good luck
Thanks for the advice - I have an accountant on board who is sorting out the mess. I will look into your advice re writing a letter of displeasure for services paid for yet not received.
Old Sep 28th 2009, 9:20 pm
Just Joined

Dellon is on a distinguished road

This is what we are up against!

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/n...ow/5065321.cms
Old Sep 29th 2009, 1:26 am
Just Joined

Can anybody give me a telephone number or an email address for the Mumbai Directorate of Enforcement, urgently please?
Old Sep 29th 2009, 1:34 am
Just Joined

vradulla will become famous soon enough

http://finmin.nic.in/the_ministry/de...te/mumbai.html

ENFORCEMENT DIRECTORATE

MITTAL CHAMBERS, IIND FLOOR,

NARIMAN POINT, MUMBAI- 400 021

STD CIDE: 022 TELEX: 011 86100

TELEGRAPH:ENFERA FAX:91-22-2828930

SH. R.K. PANDEY DEPUTY DIRECTOR 91-22-28824802

SH. P.K. BHARTI ASSISTANT DIRECTOR 91-22-2886181

SH. V.K. AGGARWAL ASSISTANT DIRECTOR 91-22-2024659

SH. S.M. SONUNE ASSISTANT DIRECTOR 91-22-2886183

SH. B.D. BORKAR ASSISTANT DIRECTOR 91-22-2880182

ENFORCEMENT DIRECTORATE

JANAMABHOOMI CHAMBERS, IST FLOOR,

W.H. MARG, MUMBAI - 400 001

STD CODE; 022

FAX 91-22-2631541

SH. P.K. AJWANI, SPECIAL DIRECTOR
91-22-2614011
Old Sep 29th 2009, 1:36 am
BE Enthusiast

emsirrah has a brilliant futureemsirrah has a brilliant futureemsirrah has a brilliant futureemsirrah has a brilliant futureemsirrah has a brilliant futureemsirrah has a brilliant future

http://www.directorateofenforcement.gov.in/offices.html

scroll down - it is on there.

http://www.directorateofenforcement..../rtiact_1.html

another one

Last edited by emsirrah; Sep 29th 2009 at 1:42 am.
Old Sep 29th 2009, 1:45 am
BE Forum Addict

a_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by emsirrah
that's interesting - the site I have on file is THIS -
which please note has contacts for public grievances!

AndyD 8-)#
Old Sep 29th 2009, 1:56 am
BE Enthusiast

emsirrah has a brilliant futureemsirrah has a brilliant futureemsirrah has a brilliant futureemsirrah has a brilliant futureemsirrah has a brilliant futureemsirrah has a brilliant future

I am in Goa set to Indian google and that is what came up.
Let us see who is first to get a reply from " public grievances "

Last edited by emsirrah; Sep 29th 2009 at 1:59 am.
Old Sep 29th 2009, 5:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Don't want a medal but a thank you would be nice when we take time to answer especially when it was in red and urgent.
Old Sep 29th 2009, 6:03 am
Just Joined

I did send a PM thanking you! Thanks to everybody that contributed, I did ring several times with no answer, I shall try again tomorrow!
Old Oct 4th 2009, 10:20 pm
Forum Regular

ruskin is just really niceruskin is just really niceruskin is just really niceruskin is just really niceruskin is just really niceruskin is just really niceruskin is just really niceruskin is just really niceruskin is just really niceruskin is just really niceruskin is just really nice

HI,

Does anyone know when the Counsel person is coming this month. Unfortunately I was away for the meeting at Tates but am very keen to go to the next one.

Thanks r
Old Oct 5th 2009, 12:12 am
Account Closed

Goacrazy56 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ruskin
HI,

Does anyone know when the Counsel person is coming this month. Unfortunately I was away for the meeting at Tates but am very keen to go to the next one.

Thanks r
Hi ruskin as soon has I hear I will post it on BE,It is supposed to be this month.The other meeting was more about registration.As soon as my contact in Goa e-mails I will put it on here.The next meeting i have been told the British High consulate from Mumbai will be visiting to listen to issues with visas and property
GC

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.