Wikiposts

GOA - Buyer Beware!

Old Oct 22nd 2009, 8:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

a_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: GOA - Buyer Beware!

Originally Posted by dreadsoc
Hi David

We haven't heard anything.
Many of us would have liked to be there but are in the UK still, so we would really like a summary of the meeting. Any chance you could help out here?

Dread
x
the meeting was a tour de force by the DHC - very impressed. It seems HMG are doing a lot more than most people give credit for.
At least one more meeting is promised - in high season.
Watch out for a report in the TofI.

AndyD 8-)#
Old Oct 22nd 2009, 9:18 pm
Account Closed

Goacrazy56 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by a_f_d
the meeting was a tour de force by the DHC - very impressed. It seems HMG are doing a lot more than most people give credit for.
At least one more meeting is promised - in high season.
Watch out for a report in the TofI.

AndyD 8-)#
Hi AndyD
This is really good to hear can you tell me who HMG and what is TofI report and can you throw a bit more light on what happened at the meeting.I couldn't attend but I will do for the next meeting
many thanks
Old Oct 22nd 2009, 10:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

emsirrah has a brilliant futureemsirrah has a brilliant futureemsirrah has a brilliant futureemsirrah has a brilliant futureemsirrah has a brilliant futureemsirrah has a brilliant future

Just a guess

TofI -Times of India

HMG - Her Majesty's Government.

Last edited by emsirrah; Oct 22nd 2009 at 10:12 pm.
Old Oct 22nd 2009, 11:17 pm
Forum Regular

morse is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by davidhendry
No doubt you already have it.

I was taken aback on hearing the stories of two elderly ladies.

Did I mishear the tale of confiscation plus a fine of 3 times the value of the property?

The DHC has a meeting with Digu Bob today, he`ll act surprised and promise to look into it.

Some people registered under false names, last night.Not surprising, we`re all running scared,but how sad.

Your report is very worrying - can you give us more details about the two elderly lades.

Confiscation plus three times value of property fine?

Not surprised that people registered under false names.

Please expand - we are all on tenderhooks.
Old Oct 22nd 2009, 11:54 pm
A little honey

Honey Bee is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by morse
Your report is very worrying - can you give us more details about the two elderly lades.

Any news anybody please.
Old Oct 23rd 2009, 12:20 am
BE Forum Addict

a_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to behold

none of this relates to particularly new news.
the meeting was very positive.

(and there were free (_)? (_)? (_)?'s )

AndyD 8-)#

Last edited by a_f_d; Oct 23rd 2009 at 12:22 am.
Old Oct 23rd 2009, 12:27 am
Forum Regular

Mzee will become famous soon enough

AndyD 8-)#
Andy
Would you be able to PM us with a summary of the meeting ?
Old Oct 23rd 2009, 12:46 am
Forum Regular

morse is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Mzee
Andy
Would you be able to PM us with a summary of the meeting ?
Why - what is the big secret then.
Old Oct 23rd 2009, 1:13 am
Forum Regular

Hi.doc is an unknown quantity at this point

The meeting last night with the DHC now shows that our government is becoming fully aware of the situation that all of us are suffering.
Attendance had over 200 seats taken with many people standing at the back.
I think maybe some expected positive answers last night. Give it a chance, we were better off last night than the night before. More open meetings have been promised when more expats will be able to attend.
The DHC is having meetings today with Goan government Officials.
Keep sending her mail, attend the meetings, and when possible voice your opinions, if you are worried about repercussions many off us understand that then remain anonymous but keep her informed on whats going on.
This lady just may be able to help in some of the problems that we could be experiencing.:
Old Oct 23rd 2009, 2:24 am
Forum Regular

Mzee will become famous soon enough

Why - what is the big secret then.
I don't know if there is a secret but I just got the impression that no one really wanted to give details of what was discussed at the meeting openly. Since it has been the topic of conversation for most of the week on this forum I was surprised that there was no detailed update today from those that attended for the benefit of those in the UK. If there is anything that we don't want 'peepers' to read (and there are plenty of those) then a message by PM would probably be more appropriate. If there is nothing to hide then it is my paranoia (I blame this entirely on Goa!!)
Old Oct 23rd 2009, 2:38 am

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hi.doc
The meeting last night with the DHC now shows that our government is becoming fully aware of the situation that all of us are suffering.
Attendance had over 200 seats taken with many people standing at the back.
I think maybe some expected positive answers last night. Give it a chance, we were better off last night than the night before. More open meetings have been promised when more expats will be able to attend.
The DHC is having meetings today with Goan government Officials.
Keep sending her mail, attend the meetings, and when possible voice your opinions, if you are worried about repercussions many off us understand that then remain anonymous but keep her informed on whats going on.
This lady just may be able to help in some of the problems that we could be experiencing.:
Thanks will keep everything crossed that things turn out for the best.
Old Oct 23rd 2009, 2:56 am
Account Closed

Goacrazy56 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Mzee
I don't know if there is a secret but I just got the impression that no one really wanted to give details of what was discussed at the meeting openly. Since it has been the topic of conversation for most of the week on this forum I was surprised that there was no detailed update today from those that attended for the benefit of those in the UK. If there is anything that we don't want 'peepers' to read (and there are plenty of those) then a message by PM would probably be more appropriate. If there is nothing to hide then it is my paranoia (I blame this entirely on Goa!!)
I agree,can some one send us a PM AndyD can you do a template letter with some answers and send it out by PM I do trust that this is not being spoken about for a reason but we are all in the same boat here and would really would like to know what is going on
GC

Last edited by Goacrazy56; Oct 23rd 2009 at 3:06 am.
Old Oct 23rd 2009, 3:11 am
Just Joined

jpb396 is an unknown quantity at this point

AndyD 8-)#
Hi,

I don't know anything about this particular case, but confiscation and a fine of 3 x value seems to be in line with penalties stated under Section 13 of FEMA.
http://www.thehindubusinessline.com/blnri/rbi3.htm

Hope this helps.

Jimbo
Old Oct 23rd 2009, 4:47 am
Forum Regular

erinsgirl is just really niceerinsgirl is just really niceerinsgirl is just really niceerinsgirl is just really niceerinsgirl is just really niceerinsgirl is just really niceerinsgirl is just really niceerinsgirl is just really niceerinsgirl is just really niceerinsgirl is just really nice

I too can understand if people want to keep the discussion more private and not availalbe to all those who just are onlookers on the site ( no doubt including some Goan officials who keep an eye on us and the site). There is no doubt a very good reason for this!

Was unable to attend as still in the UK but coming back very soon and able and willing to attend the next meeting. Already sent an e mail to Vicky outlining our story.

Someone please pm me with the full details. Thank you.
Old Oct 23rd 2009, 4:55 am
BE Forum Addict

why don't y'all just wait for the report of the DHC's press conference in the TofI, it will more accurately reflect what she wants to say than any mess of PM's

AndyD 8-)#

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.