Wikiposts

GOA - Buyer Beware!

Old Sep 12th 2009, 8:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Return of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant future
Default Re: GOA - Buyer Beware!

]

In light of this postive action from the British Consulate may I suggest we ALL
try and get some media attention to the meeting on the 18th ?

If anyone belongs to other forums ( India Mike etc) can you post this encouraging news ?

K-C

Last edited by noni; Sep 13th 2009 at 12:06 am.
Old Sep 12th 2009, 9:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

a_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to behold

[

Any sign of that link to the Consulate site?
(unfortunately we don't get to Goa until the 23rd)

AndyD 8-)#

Last edited by noni; Sep 13th 2009 at 12:06 am.
Old Sep 12th 2009, 9:31 pm

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

Here it is! Just been passed to me.

[email protected] and the persons name is Beryl Nasse, she will try and assimilate the info and pass onto Vicki Treadwall (I think that's her surname) who is deputy High commission in Mumbai.
Old Sep 12th 2009, 9:50 pm
Forum Regular

davidhendry is just really nicedavidhendry is just really nicedavidhendry is just really nicedavidhendry is just really nicedavidhendry is just really nicedavidhendry is just really nicedavidhendry is just really nicedavidhendry is just really nicedavidhendry is just really nice

Originally Posted by Kan-conned
In light of this postive action from the British Consulate may I suggest we ALL
try and get some media attention to the meeting on the 18th ?

If anyone belongs to other forums ( India Mike etc) can you post this encouraging news ?

K-C

Opened thread on IM, Info for Brit expats ,detailing the meet.
Regards.
Old Sep 12th 2009, 11:05 pm
A little honey

Honey Bee is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by davidhendry
Regards.
According to a reply you have had on IM - they have already had a meeting in the North. Did anyone attend?
Old Sep 13th 2009, 12:51 am
BE Forum Addict

a_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to behold

so which is it?
"a talk... about buying and registering for us foreigners"
or
"an 'outreach event'... they will introduce us to our 'wardens' (volunteers from the British community in Goa) who will share their experiences of living in Goa.. Also details about how to register on LOCATE, their web-based crisis tool..."

???????? AndyD 8-)#
Old Sep 13th 2009, 1:34 am
Account Closed

Goacrazy56 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by a_f_d
so which is it?
"a talk... about buying and registering for us foreigners"
or
"an 'outreach event'... they will introduce us to our 'wardens' (volunteers from the British community in Goa) who will share their experiences of living in Goa.. Also details about how to register on LOCATE, their web-based crisis tool..."

???????? AndyD 8-)#
Hi Andy,
I have it on good Authority that the questions regarding property and the registration,or should I say not been able to register even after Complying with FEMA,will be taken to up with Delhi on our behalf by the British Consulate.
The Important thing is to attend the meeting if you can ,or write your concerns in bullet point form and use the link.I know at lot of people who are going to this meeting. They have lists of question and complaints to bring up and top of their agenda is the racist way they were treated when they went to try and register their property and why.
I think everyone should write if they can't attend,this is another chance of being heard.This is the 1st meeting that been set up in the South and there are a lot of very angry Expats in Colva about the property situation. The way we have all been lead up the garden path by builders advocates and the so called FEMA act which the Goan Government are interpreting to suit themselves,are second on their list.
My list bullet points have gone off already,how about every one elses.
Come on folks!!! we all need to pull together on this and get writing
GC
Old Sep 13th 2009, 2:08 am

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by davidhendry
Regards.
Hi David,#
For what good it has done! I have never read a site that cannot and is not moderated to be fair to all.
Anybody go to the North meeting?
Old Sep 13th 2009, 3:20 am
Just Joined

fedup brit is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry Re: GOA - Buyer Beware!

Originally Posted by Remy-Ireland
Hi GC and KC.

How do we know and how are we going to find this out??

Not every one involved uses this site and a lot of other people want to remain anonymous. Initially D of E where investigating 400 buyers, i reckon theres probably up to another 400 including those with sale agreements and those using the 'business' route etc but i don't think there would be any more than
that. Who is asking for these precise figures?
This is my first time on this site. It was recommended by a friend and have found it very interesting. Don't really know yet how it works, but feel so strongly thought I needed to let off some steam.

We bought (what we thought) from Regal Builders 2004. We have found out alot of information since and can't believe like alot of other readers how stupid we were. We bought with a tourist visa and have since gone down the road of starting a business with an Indian friend, tried to transfer the sale agreement into our Indian friends name, paid money to Solicitors and Accountants, got all the paperwork and thought things might be moving forward. Then find when you go for a business visa in the UK that they more or less laugh at you when you present all your paperwork, and they tell you that whatever, we will never be able to be residents in Goa because of the 180day visas, whether business or not and they will not be supplying any more ex visas.
Old Sep 13th 2009, 3:25 am
I love apathy!

hemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by noni
Hi David,#
For what good it has done! I have never read a site that cannot and is not moderated to be fair to all. Anybody go to the North meeting?
Aye! The thread for the meeting/consulate that was created on I.M. this morning looks like it's already descending into a row - started by the self appointed visa expert/guru - Haylo. That person's manner of posting really annoys me. I must stop myself from reading that bloody site. . . . . . . . .

H.
Old Sep 13th 2009, 3:37 am

Originally Posted by fedup brit
This is my first time on this site. It was recommended by a friend and have found it very interesting. Don't really know yet how it works, but feel so strongly thought I needed to let off some steam.

We bought (what we thought) from Regal Builders 2004. We have found out alot of information since and can't believe like alot of other readers how stupid we were. We bought with a tourist visa and have since gone down the road of starting a business with an Indian friend, tried to transfer the sale agreement into our Indian friends name, paid money to Solicitors and Accountants, got all the paperwork and thought things might be moving forward. Then find when you go for a business visa in the UK that they more or less laugh at you when you present all your paperwork, and they tell you that whatever, we will never be able to be residents in Goa because of the 180day visas, whether business or not and they will not be supplying any more ex visas.
Welcome - Fed up B.
Enjoy the site!
So many stories - we were told not to do the business route!!!.
All the people we know in Goa with Business Visa's - thriving restaurants etc. only have the 180 days visa's.
Old Sep 13th 2009, 3:45 am
Just Joined

fedup brit is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry Re: GOA - Buyer Beware!

Thanks for your reply and I am sure I will enjoy the site, its very interesting.

I had the choice in birmingham of having a 1 year tourist visa which we have had previously, but because of the business papers and pan card no's etc I produced, I was told if someone reported us in Goa for running a business and they found out we were doing it on a tourist visa, we would be in more trouble, so I decided to pay the money and take the chance that we would be accepted for a business visa, although I knew it was for only 6 months. Very disheartened with everything at the moment, infact I am travelling out on my own next week, my husband is staying home, saving money on flights and putting my dogs into kennels. Will see what next year brings.
Old Sep 13th 2009, 5:25 am
Account Closed

Default Re: Help am I going Gar!!Gar!!

Help!!! did I read a discussion on here that for a PIO-or NRI to comply with FEMA they can purchase property in India but would have to give up their property in the UK or other place they have settled.?????????

I have just been in a discussion with friend about this issue
Someone put me out of misery and let me know as soon as possible
Andy,Babu. your help with this one please as you or are the FEMA kings
Old Sep 13th 2009, 5:32 am

Originally Posted by Goacrazy56
Help!!! did I read a discussion on here that for a PIO-or NRI to comply with FEMA they can purchase property in India but would have to give up their property in the UK or other place they have settled.?????????

I have just been in a discussion with friend about this issue
Someone put me out of misery and let me know as soon as possible
Andy,Babu. your help with this one please as you or are the FEMA kings
My dear GC think you have lost the plot!
Old Sep 13th 2009, 6:01 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by noni
My dear GC think you have lost the plot!
Umm!! thought I might of when I said it today,I could have swore Id read it on this site.I think I must be goanmad

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.