Wikiposts

GOA - Buyer Beware!

Old Mar 6th 2008, 9:02 am
sup
signingout

sup is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: GOA - Buyer Beware!

Can anyone recommend someone who might like to look after my place while I am not there.
Cheers.
Old Mar 6th 2008, 10:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

a_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by rula

Andy does this mean that we who have had our properties registered and in occupation of them - that the Indian government will not take it off us.
What will happen if they refuse us entry like they have done to friends
I haven't heard of anyone having their property taken off them, and indeed there has been a senior legal opinion published that such a thing would be unthinkable.
I also have not personally heard of anyone being refused entry - who are these friends?

AndyD
Old Mar 7th 2008, 10:14 pm
Just Joined

r.i.p goans is on a distinguished road

Hi andy,
ok we're not personal friends.... but me & my partner have been
refused entry and i think Douglas has a story to tell also !
and that's just from this little window on www.
watch out....cause there watching u...
regards rip
Old Mar 7th 2008, 11:51 pm
Forum Regular

rula is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by r.i.p goans
Hi andy,
regards rip
I cant understand why they are refusing entry to people = have you a current visa.
Old Mar 8th 2008, 11:07 pm
A little honey

Honey Bee is an unknown quantity at this point

:curse:
Why is it that Goa Property Sales are still advertising they can sell to FN is this not now illegal? How come the authorities are not clamping down on them and others like them.
Old Mar 9th 2008, 4:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

a_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Honey Bee
:curse:
Why is it that Goa Property Sales are still advertising they can sell to FN is this not now illegal? How come the authorities are not clamping down on them and others like them.
well because it's not illegal! (FEMA has not changed).
The 183 day route is currently being blocked by the sub-registrars under orders from the Goan government (that is illegal), but I hear that the company route still works (not that I'd recommend it).

AndyD 8-)#
Old Mar 9th 2008, 7:25 pm
Forum Regular

Daff has a spectacular aura aboutDaff has a spectacular aura aboutDaff has a spectacular aura about

Hi andy,
regards rip
Hi to all. Does this mean that if we post on this site we may well get refused entry next time we visit?
Daff
Old Mar 9th 2008, 10:42 pm
Just Joined

r.i.p goans is on a distinguished road

Hi Daff,
NO WAY, i only started posting on here after i was refused.
oh,and on the other question.....i had a b visa,they will always
take your money for that, then leave it to immigration in india
to turn u around
rip
Old Mar 10th 2008, 9:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

I am responding to Tracy’s question specifically......
Hi Douglas,
as usual I agree with 99% of what you say, but afaik the registrars are still accepting leases for <5 years, and for some reason they are also registering properties bought by companies.
<so if you haven't started to 'Buy in Goa', don't!>

AndyD 8-)#
Old Mar 11th 2008, 1:05 am
A little honey

Honey Bee is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by a_f_d
Hi Douglas,
as usual I agree with 99% of what you say, but afaik the registrars are still accepting leases for <5 years, and for some reason they are also registering properties bought by companies.
<so if you haven't started to 'Buy in Goa', don't!>

AndyD 8-)#
How can you say that FN can still buy when they cannot do the required number of days on the correct Visa - that is making some people think that all is well and it is NOT. Please every FN DO NOT PURCHASE IN GOA AT THE MOMENT WHICH EVER ROUTE IS PRESENTED TO YOU. IT IS ALL A MASSIVE CON. KEEP YOUR HARD EARNED MONEY IN THE BANK AND RENT UNTIL THINGS IMPROVE THIS IS A CORRUPT PLACE, DIRTY AND FLEECING THE FN RIGHT LEFT AND CENTER. Yes I love coming for 6 months, BUT I know what to look for now, if I could sell I would.:curse::curse:
Old Mar 11th 2008, 7:29 am
Forum Regular

Daff has a spectacular aura aboutDaff has a spectacular aura aboutDaff has a spectacular aura about
Red face Re: GOA - Buyer Beware!

Hi Daff,
NO WAY, i only started posting on here after i was refused.
oh,and on the other question.....i had a b visa,they will always
take your money for that, then leave it to immigration in india
to turn u around
rip
Thanks RIP. I think the other half would die of shame if we got turned back. Due to personal circumstances we are going to have to wait for another year before we can make a decision. Still we are pretty much resigned to being loosers. I doubt if much will happen now as Goa is well aware that the majority of FNs will be going back to blighty for the rainy season.
Cheers to all,
Daff
Old Mar 11th 2008, 12:03 pm

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by a_f_d
well because it's not illegal! (FEMA has not changed).
The 183 day route is currently being blocked by the sub-registrars under orders from the Goan government (that is illegal), but I hear that the company route still works (not that I'd recommend it).

AndyD 8-)#
Hi Andy,
If and when the register is reopened - how are people going to be able to do their required number of days, as x visa's are not now available and everybody, even those on business visa's (well the ones I know - having only got them renewed in the last two weeks) have to leave the country every 180 days.

Old Mar 13th 2008, 1:56 am
BE Enthusiast

prestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond repute

I understand why Brits like Goa and it has nothing to do with the paradise position, its to more with the fact that you dont have to learn a foriegn language to live there.So its laziness more or less.The whole issue of buying in Goa is beyond me.Ive been traveling around India for 20 years and i can remember when Goa really was a green paradise, now its an ugly grey concrete garbage and rat infested dump.The sea is polluted and the water table is contaminated by soak pit run offs and detergents.A large percentage of the locals are greedy and of course they will smile when they see you-your providing the bread on their tables.As for the skin tax you complain about even Kashmiris have to pay over the odds in Goa and the reason for this state of affairs there?That gullible westerners enriched by the property boom in Europe are prepared to pay over the odds for concrete boxes complete with cleaning staff and gardeners protected by security guards so that they can live the dream of owning a bit a paradise in the sun.Of course your going to be ripped off. Indians have been ripping each other off for thousands of years.Lease a house and you get more respect from the locals.Buy one and all you do is create jealousy and envy.Racism has now reared its ugly head too and it exists on both sides of the fence.The corruption that exists now is a direct product of your insistence to buy.No money no corruption and of course there is nexus between the government and the builders-most are related to each other and they know that sooner or later they will win and the house owners will give in and go away.The Indian Rupee is supposed to be fully convertible by 2009.That means you will be able to take your Rupees and change them into sterling and repatriate them. Have you read anything about this ? The answer is no because its not going to happen. Goa will become the Monte Carlo of India in the next 10 years and if you want that your welcome to it because all it means is more expense and crime.Take your money and buy in Crete, where your welcome and subject to European law.
Old Mar 14th 2008, 12:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by noni
Hi Andy,
If and when the register is reopened - how are people going to be able to do their required number of days, as x visa's are not now available and everybody, even those on business visa's (well the ones I know - having only got them renewed in the last two weeks) have to leave the country every 180 days.

If the registries re-open (which given today's news -see Herald etc- seems very unlikely) then the rules are what they have always been:
>182 days in the previous finincial year; no requirement that it should be continuous, and FEMA does not mention visas at all.

AndyD 8-(#
Old Mar 14th 2008, 10:51 pm
Forum Regular

mayrig is an unknown quantity at this point
Post Re: GOA - Buyer Beware!

Hi All

The Navhind Times of today has the following news article:
QUOTE:
The Law Minister, Mr Dayanand Narvekar has said that state would bring in an amendment to The Registration Act, 1908, to curb wholesale registration of sales of properties (particularly to foreigners) and empower sub-registrars to verify the bona fide of documents of sales of property before registration.
UNQUOTE :

The full story is available here:

http://www.navhindtimes.com/articles...tory_ID=031589

Basically, what he said is that any foreigner seeking to register sale deed of properties would have to produce clearance from the Reserve Bank of India and that sub-registrars could deny registration of properties that were opposed to public policy. Currently sub-registrars can are empowered only to verify the signature of the persons and could not refuse registration or verify bona fide of the property documents presented before them.

Cheers
Fleur

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.