Wikiposts

GOA - Buyer Beware!

Old Aug 26th 2009, 2:48 am
Just Joined

bankfield is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: GOA - Buyer Beware!

You could always ask the developers and real estate agents for figures has it is in there interest to get this matter solved sooner rather than later
Old Aug 26th 2009, 4:53 am
Just Joined

bankfield is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Remy-Ireland
My Goodness you have been busy. Very impressive.

I think though if maybe we could be a bit more specific with regards to the RBI Directorate of Enforforcement investigations and the current debacle that FNs who legally bought (whilst resident, and fulfilling FEMA criteria) now find themselves in.

The British who have bought apartments and villas ( i don't think we are talking thousands, maybe six or seven hundred tops) are not land grabbing, drug dealing, racketeering etc,etc.......its the criminals, ganglords and mafia that need to be sought out and excluded from Goa.....not the few hundred FNs that economically invest,contribute, live and support Goa year after year.

If these British Fns have unknowingly breached some FEMA or RBI bylaw in purchasing property then lets have it out in the open and the matter concluded. ie. a fine imposed and then everyone can move on and RBI can plug any loophole (legally ammend/clarify policy through Central Government) and stop this from happening in the future.

For RBI or the D of E to even contemplate property confiscation in these circumstances would be ludicrous, dangerous and imho unlawful......especially when the real criminals, drugdealers,landgrabbers and people traffickers are buying their way out of trouble, taking over villages and setting up criminal empires. These things need to be highlighted to Mr 'RBI' in some sort of legal minded format and extracts from Slumdogpaupers post could be also used to explain the reasons for investing in India in the first place.

Regards,
Remy
I have heard that the banks are now refusing to give loans to Indians to buy property in Goa if a FNs name is on the sale agrement or sale deed
Old Aug 26th 2009, 5:50 am
I love apathy!

hemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by bankfield
I have heard that the banks are now refusing to give loans to Indians to buy property in Goa if a FNs name is on the sale agrement or sale deed
A quick look at a major Indian bank's website reveals fixed rate home loans @ 14.00% & over 30 lakh SVR home loans @ 9.25% & in both cases there is a 1% loan processing fee! OUCH!

Hemingway
Old Aug 27th 2009, 3:06 am
BE Forum Addict

k800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by hemingway
A quick look at a major Indian bank's website reveals fixed rate home loans @ 14.00% & over 30 lakh SVR home loans @ 9.25% & in both cases there is a 1% loan processing fee! OUCH!

Hemingway
Yes but are the rates paid to investors still around the 8% mark? Some ordinary savings accounts in the UK are currently paying less than 1% but lots of mortgages are still over 5%.
Old Aug 27th 2009, 7:31 am
Forum Regular

morse is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by bankfield
You could always ask the developers and real estate agents for figures has it is in there interest to get this matter solved sooner rather than later
They would not be interested in helping, have asked ours - No Way, nothing to do with them.
Old Aug 28th 2009, 2:11 am
Forum Regular

powerhouse will become famous soon enoughpowerhouse will become famous soon enough

I have no idea if the advocate is any good or not but he deals with Acron's leases and he did reply immediately when I sent him a message.

If I am not allowed to put up his details please let me know how to help?

details as follows

Augustus Monteiro
Plaza Maria Lilia Apts
behinde St Alex Church
Calangute

tel 0832 2275944

E-mail [email protected]

Good luck

Last edited by noni; Aug 29th 2009 at 5:16 am.
Old Aug 28th 2009, 2:12 am
Forum Regular

powerhouse will become famous soon enoughpowerhouse will become famous soon enough

[

I have no idea if the advocate is any good or not but he deals with Acron's leases and he did reply immediately when I sent him a message.

Noni If I am not allowed to put up his details please let me know how to help?

details as follows

Augustus Monteiro
Plaza Maria Lilia Apts
behinde St Alex Church
Calangute

tel 0832 2275944

E-mail [email protected]

Good luck

Last edited by noni; Aug 29th 2009 at 5:17 am.
Old Aug 28th 2009, 4:48 am
Banned

johnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond repute

If anyone intends to copy down the lawyer's email address, it should read;

lawyer_goa (etc)

the forum automatically underlines an email address and hides the low-phen!

Last edited by johnny five; Aug 28th 2009 at 4:50 am.
Old Aug 28th 2009, 4:53 am

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by johnny five
If anyone intends to copy down the lawyer's email address, it should read;

[email protected]
Is there a lawyer anybody would trust? Can't understand how the deeds could have been registered with the Sub register, without the purchaser being there. What about finger prints etc?
Old Aug 28th 2009, 6:10 am
I love apathy!

hemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by noni
Can't understand how the deeds could have been registered with the Sub register, without the purchaser being there. What about finger prints etc?
Power of attorney my dear Noni, power of attorney. . . . . . . . . . . . .

Hemingway.
Old Aug 28th 2009, 6:18 am

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

Hemingway.
God would you trust that!!!!

Now the member would have a good excuse -somebody else did it.
Old Aug 28th 2009, 6:30 am
I love apathy!

God would you trust that!!!! Now the member would have a good excuse -somebody else did it.
Well it would depend entirely on the attorney!!! Witnessing some first hand experience of the p.o.a. route, how the attorney deals with the sub-registrar AND the end result of having 'registered deeds' - PLUS sometime down the line, the 'owners' having had no aggro from the Dof E could indicate that it's an option for those who haven't gone down the residency or lease route.

Hemingway.
Old Aug 28th 2009, 7:22 am

Well it would depend entirely on the attorney!!! Witnessing some first hand experience of the p.o.a. route, how the attorney deals with the sub-registrar AND the end result of having 'registered deeds' - PLUS sometime down the line, the 'owners' having had no aggro from the Dof E could indicate that it's an option for those who haven't gone down the residency or lease route.

Hemingway.
Money talks
Old Aug 28th 2009, 8:44 am
I love apathy!

Money talks
& the other old adage - it's not what you you know - it's who you know!

I have it on good authority that Advocate Augustus Monteiro is a good guy - he is equipped with a 'straight bat' & he is to FN property owners in Goa what Nick Freeman is to premiership footballers in the UK who have committed motoring offences. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Hemingway
Old Aug 28th 2009, 8:47 am
BE Forum Addict

a_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to behold

Hemingway.
... but PoA's are also supposed to be Registered if they enable the transfer of property!

AndyD 8-)#

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.