Wikiposts

GOA - Buyer Beware!

Old Aug 28th 2009, 8:51 am
Just Joined

Melo is just really niceMelo is just really niceMelo is just really niceMelo is just really niceMelo is just really niceMelo is just really niceMelo is just really niceMelo is just really nice
Default Re: GOA - Buyer Beware!

No one but Indian nationals or people holding PIO cards can own property in India. This is part of Indian law. I got myself a PIO card for that very reason.
Old Aug 28th 2009, 8:52 am
I love apathy!

hemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by a_f_d
... but PoA's are also supposed to be Registered if they enable the transfer of property! AndyD 8-)#
Okay, so the advocate acting for 'whoever' has to register that fact that 'whoever' has given the advocate p.o.a. to register the transfer of property? is that with the court or sub-registrar or some other 'authority'?

a_f_d - are you still in North West UK or are you back in Goa?

Hemingway
Old Aug 28th 2009, 8:55 am
I love apathy!

hemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Melo
No one but Indian nationals or people holding PIO cards can own property in India. This is part of Indian law. I got myself a PIO card for that very reason.
Hi Melo,

I have a cousin who lives somewhere near Houston - in Texas at least, her name is Angela - you know her?????

Hemingway.

P.S. - lighthearted comment - all U.S. citizens assume the UK is such a small place that we all know Bob who they once met somewhere, sometime. . . . . .
Old Aug 28th 2009, 9:06 am

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hemingway
& the other old adage - it's not what you you know - it's who you know!

I have it on good authority that Advocate Augustus Monteiro is a good guy - he is equipped with a 'straight bat' & he is to FN property owners in Goa what Nick Freeman is to premiership footballers in the UK who have committed motoring offences. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Hemingway
Well that says it all
You are a one!
Old Aug 28th 2009, 9:14 am
Account Closed

Goacrazy56 is an unknown quantity at this point

Not according to FEMA which is Indian Law??? unfortunately it's how and who interprets it that has caused all the problems.I disagree with your statement that no one except PIO card holders can own property in India.I know people in Delhi the Punjab and Mumbai,British who own property,have their deeds electric bills in their name no problems and are residing their without any issues.Only in Goa is there a problem because they are paranoid that it's repeat of British Raj.
Mind you if the British took over Goa for just one year they would sort the bl**dy garbage and stench situation, the roads and the power, cuts.
Old Aug 28th 2009, 9:20 am
I love apathy!

Originally Posted by Goacrazy56
Mind you if the British took over Goa for just one year they would sort the bl**dy garbage and stench situation, the roads and the power, cuts.
Come on, really who needs refuse collecting? who needs pothole free roads, who needs 24 hour electricity supply? who needs constant running water?

Oh, yes, sorry, bloody hell - all of us. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Oh well, we can dream!

Happy Friday!

Hemingway
Old Aug 28th 2009, 9:21 am
Just Joined

Melo is just really niceMelo is just really niceMelo is just really niceMelo is just really niceMelo is just really niceMelo is just really niceMelo is just really niceMelo is just really nice

Originally Posted by Goacrazy56
Not according to FEMA which is Indian Law??? unfortunately it's how and who interprets it that has caused all the problems.I disagree with your statement that no one except PIO card holders can own property in India.I know people in Delhi the Punjab and Mumbai,British who own property,have their deeds electric bills in their name no problems and are residing their without any issues.Only in Goa is there a problem because they are paranoid that it's repeat of British Raj.
Wow!!! I did not know that was possible. I was almost certain that no one but an Indian national can own property in India. I will go double check on that.
Old Aug 28th 2009, 9:24 am
Just Joined

Take a look at this: http://www.thehindubusinessline.com/...2450320700.htm
Old Aug 28th 2009, 9:25 am
Just Joined

Hi Melo,

I have a cousin who lives somewhere near Houston - in Texas at least, her name is Angela - you know her?????

Hemingway.

P.S. - lighthearted comment - all U.S. citizens assume the UK is such a small place that we all know Bob who they once met somewhere, sometime. . . . . .
LOL - am afraid I don't
Old Aug 28th 2009, 9:25 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by noni
Well that says it all
You are a one!
Yep!! Ive heard it all about Agustus in the north,a bit like old Vikram,tooks lakhs off the Brits because he got himself in the media with Scarlete case,advertised help for the foreigners who have property problem in Goa and has done nothing at all for them They have all jumped on the gravy boat and left the sinking Brits to swim without a life jacket

Last edited by Goacrazy56; Aug 28th 2009 at 9:32 am.
Old Aug 28th 2009, 9:31 am
Account Closed

Can someone post the link to FEMA for Melo,I neither have the inclination right now to find it, I sort of loose the will to live having to look at the FEMA act again.
Old Aug 28th 2009, 9:34 am
I love apathy!

LOL - am afraid I don't
Oh well, never mind - her husband's name is Andy if that makes any difference! They've also got a couple of 'bin lids' / 'ankle biters' I think. . . . . . . . .

How's the Houston climate at present?

Please reply on 'gossip & chit chat' thread before we get a bollox()ing off the mod!

Regards

Hemingway.
Old Aug 28th 2009, 9:47 am

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

Oh well, never mind - her husband's name is Andy if that makes any difference! They've also got a couple of 'bin lids' / 'ankle biters' I think. . . . . . . . .

How's the Houston climate at present?

Please reply on 'gossip & chit chat' thread before we get a bollox()ing off the mod!

Regards

Hemingway.
Quite right - onto Chit Chat - know it is Friday and 'noffi night
Melo - not even India Advocates know what we can or cannot own.
Tell us why UK Agents are still 'selling' properties to FN's.
It is a minefield.
Had a member emailing me to-day saying that he had been told he was NOT an Indian - and in his words 'Noni - I have a Brown face' presumably indian face, not like us sunburnt.
Old Aug 28th 2009, 9:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Remy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to all

Hi Melo,
Welcome aboard.

A Foreign National who is Resident in India can purchase property in India according to FEMA. The onus is on that person to supply information/evidence confirming their residency. Having said that, it is now proving nigh impossible to obtain residency as the 180 day max stay visa restriction is a real hurdle.

Please scroll down to Q.7 on the below RBI Link

http://www.rbi.org.in/Scripts/FAQView.aspx?Id=33

Regards,
Remy
Old Aug 28th 2009, 7:52 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Remy-Ireland
Hi Melo,
Welcome aboard.

A Foreign National who is Resident in India can purchase property in India according to FEMA. The onus is on that person to supply information/evidence confirming their residency. Having said that, it is now proving nigh impossible to obtain residency as the 180 day max stay visa restriction is a real hurdle.

Please scroll down to Q.7 on the below RBI Link

http://www.rbi.org.in/Scripts/FAQView.aspx?Id=33

Regards,
Remy
Cheers Remy it just depresses me to even look at the Act any more,

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.