Wikiposts

GOA - Buyer Beware!

Old Jul 29th 2009, 4:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Return of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant future
Default Re: GOA - Buyer Beware!

[QUOTE=Goacrazy56;7778737]http://www.dailymail.co.uk/property/...#ixzz0M77fUCHO

Hi All,

Here is a reply from the author of this piece ;

Thank you for your emails. I am sorry that you did not like the article I
wrote about buying property in India. Having visited India, including Goa
myself, I found a number of British people who had bought properties there
perfectly legally. They described the process to me and the potential
pitfalls - which exist when buying anywhere (including the UK). That is why
I wrote that it is a laborious process. Unfortunately, with a half-page
article I could not go into all the details. Rosie Waterhouse's article, as
you rightly point out, shows some of those pitfalls (such as a limit on how
much foreign currency you can take out of an Indian bank when you come to
sell your home). I understand that some British people have had bad
experiences and I am sorry if you are one of them. Good luck with
contacting the government to take up your cause. If you would like to
continue the conversation or there is anything else you would like to say,
please use my personal email address

Please PM me for further info.

K-C
Old Jul 30th 2009, 6:16 pm
Banned

jose1 is an unknown quantity at this point

To the questions asked I had my deeds registered before sale,and you accept payment wherever you request from buyer. Saying that though it was a very senior politician in Dehli that forced open the selling opportunity moment for me,think that door was very firmly slammed shut on completion,told to say nothing,any one seeking knowledge of it will be met by 'I know not" and shaking of head,even I could not believe it upto the sub reg taking finger prints at final moment,and still do not know of deals that were done.
A world away from Goa now,clean smart efficient roads,accommodation,services,crystal clear seas,smart restaurants 1000s of em that by comparison to Goa will leave you speechless,permanent visa obtained within days,car buying done in a flash,everything clean smart super efficient,no power outages,golf, tennis, gyms, well designed swimming pools by the ton, super fast broadband,all much cheaper than Goa.
Such statements as "id like to sell but Id stay in Goa and rent" yes and hang on a pigs just flown past my window,buses there that look like there held together by carpet tacks and driven by someone who has just dropped out of a tree,lifes for living ,but its truly wasted in that utter bed of squalor. To say Ive gone is an understatement,nothing compares with the wretched life stlye of anyone stuck there against their will,it will take a long time to erase the scars that Goa etched into me,compete happiness is now mine,just a few hours away
If and when the brakes are taken off the selling of FN houses Dabolin airport will likened to Dunkirk,people scrambling for every available inch of space escaping the place,last images of Vietnam,bags and baggage scattered to the winds.I am supposed to return top pick up my final pieces of possessions,but I honestly do not feel like returning ,probably overdose on Prozac and vodka to the point of death to do the deed.
As for Goan friend remember those words of Winston Churchill "sweet tongued,evil minded", not talking of Nazism but India(ism),chilling words ,but very true. My sincere sympathy for all of you stuck there through no fault of your own,but circumstances
Old Jul 30th 2009, 8:36 pm
Banned

beatlenut is on a distinguished road

Jose, does this Utopia begin with the letter M?.
Old Jul 31st 2009, 12:07 am
Banned

johnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by beatlenut
Jose, does this Utopia begin with the letter M?.
Nah, Malta's still a sh*thole!
Old Jul 31st 2009, 12:29 am
Forum Regular

mywaygoa is a jewel in the roughmywaygoa is a jewel in the roughmywaygoa is a jewel in the roughmywaygoa is a jewel in the roughmywaygoa is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by jose1
To the questions asked I had my deeds registered before sale,and you accept payment wherever you request from buyer. Saying that though it was a very senior politician in Dehli that forced open the selling opportunity moment for me,think that door was very firmly slammed shut on completion,told to say nothing,any one seeking knowledge of it will be met by 'I know not" and shaking of head,even I could not believe it upto the sub reg taking finger prints at final moment,and still do not know of deals that were done.
A world away from Goa now,clean smart efficient roads,accommodation,services,crystal clear seas,smart restaurants 1000s of em that by comparison to Goa will leave you speechless,permanent visa obtained within days,car buying done in a flash,everything clean smart super efficient,no power outages,golf, tennis, gyms, well designed swimming pools by the ton, super fast broadband,all much cheaper than Goa.
Such statements as "id like to sell but Id stay in Goa and rent" yes and hang on a pigs just flown past my window,buses there that look like there held together by carpet tacks and driven by someone who has just dropped out of a tree,lifes for living ,but its truly wasted in that utter bed of squalor. To say Ive gone is an understatement,nothing compares with the wretched life stlye of anyone stuck there against their will,it will take a long time to erase the scars that Goa etched into me,compete happiness is now mine,just a few hours away
If and when the brakes are taken off the selling of FN houses Dabolin airport will likened to Dunkirk,people scrambling for every available inch of space escaping the place,last images of Vietnam,bags and baggage scattered to the winds.I am supposed to return top pick up my final pieces of possessions,but I honestly do not feel like returning ,probably overdose on Prozac and vodka to the point of death to do the deed.
As for Goan friend remember those words of Winston Churchill "sweet tongued,evil minded", not talking of Nazism but India(ism),chilling words ,but very true. My sincere sympathy for all of you stuck there through no fault of your own,but circumstances
please dont make presumptions of other peoples circumstances, i would sell my property and rent, as i have said before i like goa, but not most people living in it.
Old Jul 31st 2009, 1:08 am
BE Enthusiast

prestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond repute

For all its myriad faults, some true some false, i think Goa will be better of without you jose1. Comparing Indians to monkeys is racist mate, pure and simple and i hate racists, white or black.
Old Jul 31st 2009, 2:00 am
Banned

Yes its no good shouting abuse, about Goa and its faults, then saying that The Shangra-La has been found and not tell anyone where it is, even Douglas who had major probs with his property in Goa still had the guts to say that he went to Malaysia, No one from Goa is going to serious chase people across Countries, now that is Paranioa, what is wrong to say that Thailand, Vietnam, Cambodia or elsewhere is good to go, in my book you only hide if you got something to hide.
Old Jul 31st 2009, 2:21 am
Forum Regular

kcsbar is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by prestonjohn
For all its myriad faults, some true some false, i think Goa will be better of without you jose1. Comparing Indians to monkeys is racist mate, pure and simple and i hate racists, white or black.

How dare Jose1 presume that we are stuck in Goa. Yes, some of us are selling our houses or apartments to release our money because of the red tape etc but we are also staying in Goa and renting because we actually like living here. Jose1 knew what it was like when first went to goa. The buses (squalor) electric etc. I have been going since 1995 and still love the place. Hope Jose1 is happy in utopia as Goa doesnt need wingeing whining racists like that
Old Jul 31st 2009, 2:50 am
Banned

yes i think that Jose has now gone to Utopia and see how long he last's without complaining about something or NOTHING.
As the saying goe's, where I lay my hat, thats my home, except for the like's of Jose, where if its not all rosy, moan and moan more, we all have our fault's and moan about the weather power cut's etc, but that's all trivial matter's really and hell we got out of Blighty for most of those reason's (Well not the power cuts yet) but for warm weather, and low cost of living and will stay no matter what until I want to go or the authoritie's decide otherwise, which i think not (I aint done nothing wrong) and things will surely change for the better soon, with the petition and look at what Joanne Lumley has done, now she's a goddess in Nepal, so keep your pecker's up and enjoy the good life, we only got the one.
Old Jul 31st 2009, 4:56 am
Just Joined

Lewys has a spectacular aura aboutLewys has a spectacular aura aboutLewys has a spectacular aura about

Remember the title - Buyer Beware - Noni can you ensure this site is strictly used for what is was intended and not the petty squabbling! about peoples likes and dislikes we are seeing to date.
Old Jul 31st 2009, 5:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Remy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to all

Originally Posted by prestonjohn
Here Here, well said!
Old Jul 31st 2009, 6:47 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lewys
Remember the title - Buyer Beware - Noni can you ensure this site is strictly used for what is was intended and not the petty squabbling! about peoples likes and dislikes we are seeing to date.
Well the site is certainly for many things including likes and dislikes. Problem is some peoples experiences are, shall we say, more extreme than others. Most people tend to be able to tone it down bearing in mind it is a public forum. There would be nothing worse than to have an over moderated hugely censored forum
Old Jul 31st 2009, 4:19 pm
Banned

jose1 is an unknown quantity at this point

From what I see it is four or five of you following each others statements,most not even living there,so theres a question how the hell you know anything about the state of play in Goa,oh sorry your last 3 week holiday ? BibleJohn and his quest for racism to be ousted is in for one hell of a time in Goa(as has been explained to him in more detail earlier)eradicating it from the hot bed itself of racism,is it not what the flat owners are experiencing at the moment,and by the way,the entrapment of property owners is not going to end any time soon. Moral high ground and all that waffle ,the eight cases the FNs have against the Goan govt.will determine the the length of stay any property owner has ahead of them there in Goa,first two levels of magistrates then high court and then the card up the sleeve of the Goan govt the supreme court,the last one is 30 years wait before you even get to that stage,and as you see the sea will be flushing your toilets long before that happens.
Dog run down between two restaurants earlier this year in Goa,no one bothering to remove it,smashed to pieces ,entrails all over the road after a day,started to smell to high heaven eventually.The two restaurant owners wondered why business was bad for a couple of weeks after that event,still as there are not many flies in Goa (true statement from a contributor on here)there was absolutely no problem with infection,says it all really.
Not to put a fine point on anything its hear hear not here here and what the hell has Joanne Lumley got to do with anything on these threads(and the authoritie's) (sic),oh yes its all going to cost everyone plenty more in taxes for her pet subject,still high rise accommodation in the back end of beyond will get them back to Nepal I should think,then its emergency accommodation for the Goan ex pats to be availed of,...off for a few rounds of golf bye

Last edited by jose1; Jul 31st 2009 at 4:31 pm.
Old Jul 31st 2009, 7:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Remy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to all

Originally Posted by jose1
From what I see it is four or five of you following each others statements,most not even living there,so theres a question how the hell you know anything about the state of play in Goa,oh sorry your last 3 week holiday ? BibleJohn and his quest for racism to be ousted is in for one hell of a time in Goa(as has been explained to him in more detail earlier)eradicating it from the hot bed itself of racism,is it not what the flat owners are experiencing at the moment,and by the way,the entrapment of property owners is not going to end any time soon. Moral high ground and all that waffle ,the eight cases the FNs have against the Goan govt.will determine the the length of stay any property owner has ahead of them there in Goa,first two levels of magistrates then high court and then the card up the sleeve of the Goan govt the supreme court,the last one is 30 years wait before you even get to that stage,and as you see the sea will be flushing your toilets long before that happens.
Dog run down between two restaurants earlier this year in Goa,no one bothering to remove it,smashed to pieces ,entrails all over the road after a day,started to smell to high heaven eventually.The two restaurant owners wondered why business was bad for a couple of weeks after that event,still as there are not many flies in Goa (true statement from a contributor on here)there was absolutely no problem with infection,says it all really.
Not to put a fine point on anything its hear hear not here here and what the hell has Joanne Lumley got to do with anything on these threads(and the authoritie's) (sic),oh yes its all going to cost everyone plenty more in taxes for her pet subject,still high rise accommodation in the back end of beyond will get them back to Nepal I should think,then its emergency accommodation for the Goan ex pats to be availed of,...off for a few rounds of golf bye

your sounding like someone that has been brutalised in Aquada jail by a few cell mates.....ah well .....enjoy your golf.

Last edited by Remy-Ireland; Jul 31st 2009 at 7:31 pm.
Old Aug 1st 2009, 12:44 am
BE Enthusiast

prestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond repute

I think you will find Malaysia just up your street J.1.You can practice your Goose Step on Sunday mornings and then maybe go and watch a hanging for carrying a bit of grass.Trains run on time, streets clean and shiny, no sodomites or beggars to bother you as you strut down the street to your favourite watering hole.Bliss....Bless you....Goa will miss you very much.Flags out in Panjiim already mate.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.