GOA - Buyer Beware!

Old Aug 4th 2010, 1:46 pm

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: GOA - Buyer Beware!

Originally Posted by msj5
Did you mean martian Noni. ?
NO! NO! NO! should have put in the Song from the Group - "The Jellyfish will Succeed where the Monkeys have Failed"
Old Aug 4th 2010, 11:10 pm

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by noni
Welcome Big5.
It is very unfair for you to say "If a rich Indian visits the UK and makes himself gullible, makes wrong choices he is as likely to be duped in the UK"
Nobody in the UK black/white/green/ or a marshan can get duped purchasing property - once the Advocate has checked everything and the property is registered in your name - end of story! As you have said that you know
how to sort out this problem, it would be kind of you to let us all know, not dangle a carrot in front of those who have lost their life savings and pensions.
In the UK an Advocate would be struck off for giving the advise we received in Goa.
We did our homework - the goal posts were moved.

I think the only way to deal with the posts from Big5realty is to politely ignore them. This person is clearly advertising for business.
To actually advertise any realty business in Goa on this site at the present time is inappropriate at best, downright ignorant at worst. Either that or a troll warning should be issued.
Most of the people on here who have bought property in Goa have had a gutful of real estate companies in Goa and are hardly likely to welcome some anonymous realtor too warmly.
For the record people, I love Goa and many Goans, I just despise those who indulge in corruption and deception at the expense and demise of others. That's because it offends my pedigree of honesty !!!!!

Dread - all said
x
Old Aug 6th 2010, 3:03 am
Just Joined

fiverealteabigboyz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dreadsoc
I think the only way to deal with the posts from Big5realty is to politely ignore them. This person is clearly advertising for business.
To actually advertise any realty business in Goa on this site at the present time is inappropriate at best, downright ignorant at worst. Either that or a troll warning should be issued.
Most of the people on here who have bought property in Goa have had a gutful of real estate companies in Goa and are hardly likely to welcome some anonymous realtor too warmly.
For the record people, I love Goa and many Goans, I just despise those who indulge in corruption and deception at the expense and demise of others. That's because it offends my pedigree of honesty !!!!!

Dread - all said
x
Ah! now thats a better stance to have dreadsoc. Again people, excercise your right to choose based on facts. "The Optimist sees the doughnut, dreadsoc sees the hole."
Old Aug 6th 2010, 3:23 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by noni
NO! NO! NO! should have put in the Song from the Group - "The Jellyfish will Succeed where the Monkeys have Failed"
Between the DEVIL and the DEEP BlUE sea!!! Noni a vast ocean of info exists which you may or may not be aware of - We are not here to answer a school test, to prove our credentials. Fact is there is a problem that exists, wouldnt it be better everyone works towards a solution. So the world does not brand Goa as someplace it isnt.Statistically, 80% of properties sold in Goa over the last ten years were sold to people outside of Goa(Including people of foreign origin). The result a four fold increase in property prices - What will Goans buy? Builders are catering to this 80% to book profits. For the sake of people who are buying second homes, holiday homes, should the ordinary Goan be deprived of his only home.
Old Aug 6th 2010, 4:53 am
BE Enthusiast

poppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to all

Well folks as you can see i'm still here hanging in by the skin of my teeth !!!! we found a buyer yipppee did all the paperwork deeds where presented to the wonderful registrar in Mapusa ..... 2 months ago... now have been presented by the registrar to Mr Anupum Kishore..... for approval
the only thing i can say is thank god our buyer has stuck with us ...
Old Aug 6th 2010, 6:59 am
Forum Regular

erinsgirl is just really niceerinsgirl is just really niceerinsgirl is just really niceerinsgirl is just really niceerinsgirl is just really niceerinsgirl is just really niceerinsgirl is just really niceerinsgirl is just really niceerinsgirl is just really niceerinsgirl is just really nice

Originally Posted by big5realty
Between the DEVIL and the DEEP BlUE sea!!! Noni a vast ocean of info exists which you may or may not be aware of - We are not here to answer a school test, to prove our credentials. Fact is there is a problem that exists, wouldnt it be better everyone works towards a solution. So the world does not brand Goa as someplace it isnt.Statistically, 80% of properties sold in Goa over the last ten years were sold to people outside of Goa(Including people of foreign origin). The result a four fold increase in property prices - What will Goans buy? Builders are catering to this 80% to book profits. For the sake of people who are buying second homes, holiday homes, should the ordinary Goan be deprived of his only home.
I don't believe the world will brand Goa. Goa will do that for itself with its behaviour and attitudes. The world will then makes its judgement based on all the evidence and stories that emerge. If these are 90% negative ( such as at the moment ) enough said.
Old Aug 6th 2010, 8:31 am
Forum Regular

ruskin is just really niceruskin is just really niceruskin is just really niceruskin is just really niceruskin is just really niceruskin is just really niceruskin is just really niceruskin is just really niceruskin is just really niceruskin is just really niceruskin is just really nice

big5realty

Noni is quite right in saying that Indians would not be ripped off when buying property in the UK because advocates there have to be accountable.

I really cant see why you justify what has happend to ex pats by saying the same could happen to Indians. If people are ripped off surely you would agree that it is wrong regardless of who they are and their country of origin.

Some expats have raised the issue of corrupt practices as has Dreadsoc. you may be interested to know that the Goan aad addmi are also fleeced and stifled by corrupt practices, and guess what? they dont like it either.

There are many great things about Goa and many very decent Goans unfortunately corruption is not one of the good things. Corruption has become the dominant system of oppression in goa and Indiait permeates and contaminates peoples everyday life. It is this system that ex pats object to not Goa and goans per se.

Strange though it may seem to you the ex pat agenda converges with the wishes in some part with the goan wish for an end to corruption and the introduction of fair, just and value based processes.

If you care about Goa/India I am sure you will be involved with the people in a demand for fair and transparent governance.

The impression I have from your posts are that you are perhaps more concerned with promoting conflict than discussing the issues.

R
Old Aug 6th 2010, 2:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

a_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to behold

<snip>Statistically, 80% of properties sold in Goa over the last ten years were sold to people outside of Goa(Including people of foreign origin).
It would be interesting to know what % are foreigners.
The result a four fold increase in property prices -
The same thing has happened in Delhi, Mumbai, Pune, etc. In most of the UK house prices tripled in the 10 years to 2008/9.
What will Goans buy?
What have they previously bought? An average Goan salary is not enough to buy a house, which is why so many Goans went/ worked abroad. The average UK salary is not enough to buy a house (average price around £168.000).
Builders are catering to this 80% to book profits.
and most of the properties bought by this 80% of non-Goans would not have been built except for this demand so they wouldn't have been there for Goans to buy anyway!
For the sake of people who are buying second homes, holiday homes, should the ordinary Goan be deprived of his only home.
Who is being deprived of his home? No-one is being thrown out of homes they already have. But look around Goa at the old Portuguese/ Goan houses - an awful lot of them are empty for at least fifty weeks of the year, is that good use of the housing stock? So what if they are bought by 'Indians' or foreigners - they can't take them away with them, and in many cases they will take better care of them than their previous absentee owners.

As for 'holiday homes' being a problem, read up on 'holiday homes in Wales', a few people got so upset by 'foreigners' buying cottages in Wales that they even burned a few houses in protest. Twenty years later they find that the incomers have re-vitalised villages, kept schools and shops open when they would otherwise have closed, and generally been a great benefit to the community.

AndyD 8-)#
Old Aug 6th 2010, 4:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

wheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud of

OK. So we now know, from you, who is buying. Can you also tell us who is selling/sold to those who are buying?. Simple logic dictates that it is the 'ordinary Goan' who is selling , and many of those are selling property they themselves have stolen from fellow 'ordinary Goans'. As for a solution: it lays with Goans only to take responsibility for what is happening instead of blaming others whilst selling up and running away from the consequences of their own actions. Or is history so ingrained into the Goan psyche that they have never ever governed themselves with justice and moral duty, unless imposed by 'outsiders'?
Old Aug 6th 2010, 4:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Return of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by wheatsheaf
OK. So we now know, from you, who is buying. Can you also tell us who is selling/sold to those who are buying?. Simple logic dictates that it is the 'ordinary Goan' who is selling , and many of those are selling property they themselves have stolen from fellow 'ordinary Goans'. As for a solution: it lays with Goans only to take responsibility for what is happening instead of blaming others whilst selling up and running away from the consequences of their own actions. Or is history so ingrained into the Goan psyche that they have never ever governed themselves with justice and moral duty, unless imposed by 'outsiders'?
Well said to both a_f_d and Wheatsheaf !

How many Goans would want to return back to yesteryear, just farming for a pittance and Toddy tapping ! Unfortunately self progress is part of all our psyche whether we like it or not, its a question of how we conduct that progress ?

K-C
Old Aug 6th 2010, 7:07 pm
Just Joined

Hi Ruskin,

Yours was a respectable and honourable response and i appreciate it. You are a smart man and your views will be respected by all but how do you respond to ignorance personified(dreadsoc) branding you before even getting to know your point of view. Words like "chakma" are used by uncivilized hooligans in Goa and someone using such words must be in good company whilst in Goa.
All i'm saying listen to everyone and then do what your heart says

Originally Posted by ruskin
big5realty

Noni is quite right in saying that Indians would not be ripped off when buying property in the UK because advocates there have to be accountable.

I really cant see why you justify what has happend to ex pats by saying the same could happen to Indians. If people are ripped off surely you would agree that it is wrong regardless of who they are and their country of origin.

Some expats have raised the issue of corrupt practices as has Dreadsoc. you may be interested to know that the Goan aad addmi are also fleeced and stifled by corrupt practices, and guess what? they dont like it either.

There are many great things about Goa and many very decent Goans unfortunately corruption is not one of the good things. Corruption has become the dominant system of oppression in goa and Indiait permeates and contaminates peoples everyday life. It is this system that ex pats object to not Goa and goans per se.

Strange though it may seem to you the ex pat agenda converges with the wishes in some part with the goan wish for an end to corruption and the introduction of fair, just and value based processes.

If you care about Goa/India I am sure you will be involved with the people in a demand for fair and transparent governance.

The impression I have from your posts are that you are perhaps more concerned with promoting conflict than discussing the issues.

R
Old Aug 6th 2010, 8:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

wheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud of

Hi Ruskin,

Yours was a respectable and honourable response and i appreciate it. You are a smart man and your views will be respected by all but how do you respond to ignorance personified(dreadsoc) branding you before even getting to know your point of view. Words like "chakma" are used by uncivilized hooligans in Goa and someone using such words must be in good company whilst in Goa.
All i'm saying listen to everyone and then do what your heart says
sorry big5 but you are missing the essence of what Dreadsoc has said which is (a) it is impossible in Goa today to ALWAYS find yourself in "good company". Thus "chakma" is expected language to have been picked up. Unavoidable even for the 5 star tourist. and (b) no matter how respectable and honourable (as u put it) one has been, the whole property fiasco clearly demonstrates that there will be no reciprocation.
Old Aug 6th 2010, 11:50 pm

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Wheatsheaf.

Personally I have chosen to ignore this person, who came on this site to advertise for business, and in doing so, one would presume, to make money as a result of others misfortune. I personally take great exception to this type of opportunism - hence my initial response.
I have asked myself whether I perhaps misunderstood that first post, however having read their follow up posts, I think not.
Quite frankly, having realised that they can only resort to personal insult, hypocracy and contradictive post content, they are unworthy of my bothering to spend my valuable time writing a response to them.

Good points made AFD, Wheatsheaf and Ruskin.

Dread - x
Old Aug 6th 2010, 11:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dreadsoc
Thanks Wheatsheaf.

Personally I have chosen to ignore this person, who came on this site to advertise for business, and in doing so, one would presume, to make money as a result of others misfortune. I personally take great exception to this type of opportunism - hence my initial response.
I have asked myself whether I perhaps misunderstood that first post, however having read their follow up posts, I think not.
Quite frankly, having realised that they can only resort to personal insult, hypocracy and contradictive post content, they are unworthy of my bothering to spend my valuable time writing a response to them.

Good points made AFD, Wheatsheaf and Ruskin.

Dread - x
I too have realised that time is precious, and better spent fruitfully. Yet another point against investing in Goa (time or money).....just a waste of life.
Old Aug 11th 2010, 12:31 am

Originally Posted by wheatsheaf
I too have realised that time is precious, and better spent fruitfully. Yet another point against investing in Goa (time or money).....just a waste of life.

Hindsight...... a wonderful thing......if only it could be converted into foresight !!!!

Dread - getting lyrical
x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.