GOA - Buyer Beware!

Old Sep 1st 2010, 7:07 pm
Just Joined

mariedolphins is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: GOA - Buyer Beware!

Originally Posted by cornish pasty 2
Thanks. I'd rather avoid as bills likely to add up! However, also just want to warn others not to give ANY money until you are convinced you are going to proceed on anything... I am pursuing through small claims independently initially at least.... Conclusion buyer beware of all property companies but particularly of Knight Knox INternational and Knight Knox investments.
Hi Ive just come of the phone from knox international. I am thinking about purchasing with them, but thought id look for reviews on the net first.

I take it there a scam?? Did you get you money back??
Old Sep 1st 2010, 7:13 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mariedolphins
Hi Ive just come of the phone from knox international. I am thinking about purchasing with them, but thought id look for reviews on the net first.

I think most people will tell you that a foreign national can't legally buy a and own a house in Goa. You ought to have a read through the forums
Old Sep 1st 2010, 7:14 pm
Forum Regular

jcbrum is an unknown quantity at this point

All property purchases for non Indian nationals is a scam...stay well clear.

John
Old Sep 1st 2010, 7:25 pm

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Marie

Welcome to BE.
There is a search button above and it may be worth typing in Knox International as I know there have been some posts about this company, and I don't think they were singing their praises.
It is correct what the others have stated above - unless you are a PIO (Person of Indian Origin) NRI (Non resident Indian) or a OCI (Overseas citizen of India) - you cannot legally buy property there. If you do so, you are likely to never own it, or worse have it confiscated from you.

Apart from that nice to have you aboard. Hope you enjoy the forum

Dread - x
Old Sep 1st 2010, 8:54 pm

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Marie,

Welcome to BE. Please if you are not a PIO DO NOT PURCHASE IN GOA> there is not a safe way you can purchase property whatever anybody tells you especially ~Estate Agents/Developers, or Advocates.
Most of us are in the """" although we thought we had done everything by the book. Being investigated is not for the faint hearted, neither is not being able to register your deeds. Keep your money in your pocket and rent, it is so much cheaper and safer.
Old Sep 1st 2010, 9:10 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by jcbrum

John
Sorry i should have made myself more clearer. I am proposing to buy a property in Florida. A foreigner can buy in USA there just not allowed to live there permanantly.
Old Sep 1st 2010, 9:15 pm

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry i should have made myself more clearer. I am proposing to buy a property in Florida. A foreigner can buy in USA there just not allowed to live there permanantly.
You need to look at the USA thread, you will be very welcome there.
Be careful where ever you buy, I saw a programme just last week where
people were having problems in USA, and I would hate for somebody to loose their money like we all might in Goa.

~Good luck -
Old Sep 1st 2010, 9:19 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by noni
You need to look at the USA thread, you will be very welcome there.
Be careful where ever you buy, I saw a programme just last week where
people were having problems in USA, and I would hate for somebody to loose their money like we all might in Goa.

~Good luck -
Was that this one, noni?
Florida Paradise Lost
Old Sep 1st 2010, 9:30 pm

Originally Posted by meauxna
Was that this one, noni?
Florida Paradise Lost
Could be can't remember the title, but there were problems with Visa's and property. I would never purchase abroad again, but saying that you can only tell people your experiences.
KEEP YOUR MONEY IN YOUR POCKETS
Old Sep 1st 2010, 9:55 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by meauxna
Was that this one, noni?
Florida Paradise Lost
Thank you you guys, im gonna have a look now.
Old Sep 4th 2010, 10:58 am
Forum Regular

Banyan has a spectacular aura aboutBanyan has a spectacular aura aboutBanyan has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by jcbrum

John
And what a scam this is!

ONE MONTH IN WITH TWO MONTHS OUT!

With the 30 day visa on arrival eventually? This could be their hidden agenda to get shut of us by making it totally unviable to have property.

As PIO's and NRI's are being advised not to use tourist visas and apply for the necessary docs it makes one wonder what their long term plans are for us? It seems as time goes on with this scam, visa changes will be used to control our entry as is what is happening at present which can only get worse!

Banyan.
Old Sep 5th 2010, 12:31 am

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Banyan
And what a scam this is!

With the 30 day visa on arrival eventually? This could be their hidden agenda to get shut of us by making it totally unviable to have property.

As PIO's and NRI's are being advised not to use tourist visas and apply for the necessary docs it makes one wonder what their long term plans are for us? It seems as time goes on with this scam, visa changes will be used to control our entry as is what is happening at present which can only get worse!

Banyan.
You may have a valid point there Banyan. I hadn't recognised that as a possible angle until your post.
What a frightening thought for those of us who have bought properties, or those who have made Goa or India their home.

Dread - and more dread
x
Old Sep 5th 2010, 7:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Banyan
And what a scam this is!

Banyan.
More likely to be still the 'David Headley effect' he always used tourist visas. The same changes to visa rules were planned for USA tourists.
Old Sep 5th 2010, 9:37 am
Forum Regular

erinsgirl is just really niceerinsgirl is just really niceerinsgirl is just really niceerinsgirl is just really niceerinsgirl is just really niceerinsgirl is just really niceerinsgirl is just really niceerinsgirl is just really niceerinsgirl is just really niceerinsgirl is just really nice

Originally Posted by Bipat
More likely to be still the 'David Headley effect' he always used tourist visas. The same changes to visa rules were planned for USA tourists.
As far as I know and have always read Headley used Business Visas. So cannot see the logic is saying the changes in Tourist Visas are headley related. This is a red herring.

My opinion is this strategy of manipulating the Tourist Visa with a forced 2 month stay outside India is to serve another purpose. No country which seriously wants tourists would impose such a restrictive rule.

Have always thought the aim was to undermine foreigners ability to stay/retire in India and "encourage" ( or should I say wear down ? ) these people so that they leave and go somewhere else to live/ have a long stay holiday . This is very much the view I got in Birmingham when our X Visa application was refused. Although this was several months before this latest 2 month rule it was made absolutely clear to us that India had no intention of allowing this situation to continue any longer. The way we were spoken to made it seem as if we retirees were criminals to want to do such an unacceptable thing.
Old Sep 5th 2010, 11:10 am
Forum Regular

Banyan has a spectacular aura aboutBanyan has a spectacular aura aboutBanyan has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Bipat

Hardly think the Headley issue has full bearing with all of the visa changes. Changes took place way way before the Headly issue came to light. It seems some changes took place at approximatley the same time the property transfer register closed. A recap so far:-

1 Started to put a stop on X visas around 2006
2 Put the 180 day limit on
3 Stopped renewing visas in nearby countries
4 The 2 month out rule

They are now using the the tried and tested 30 day "visa on arrival" for several countries.

Will the UK be next of their list?

Will one have to apply to IHC with travel docs/tickets with good reason to stay in India/Goa for more than 30 days?

Why are they pre advising PIO's, NRI not to use tourist visas and to obtain the necessary documents?

Will they tighten their visa rules further?

It seems the visa is be being used as their tool to control and prevent people from living there long-term and to get shut of us.

This may all be all "pie in the sky", only time will tell.

Banyan

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.