Default Re: GOA - Buyer Beware!

Thanks very useful information
GC
Old Mar 2nd 2010, 6:20 pm
Just Joined

David Gardiner is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Goacrazy56
I think you can kiss these payments good bye,if it was anything like our agent who we paid £5600 pound for nothing all they did was introduced us form the builder from hell Keith Morling Tecnica and when all the problems kicked off they left us to sink,refused to answer calls Ollie Hellman the Co-Director was even abusive on the phone when we called him about the problems in all the papers.I was told to ***** off and read my contract we do nothing for you once the introduction is made between you and your builder,loverly man.So this money we have lost and can't be taken into account with regards to the investment in India
GC sorry to bring bad news on this but the agents in ther UK are as bad as the builders and agents in Goa con men
I have sold and successfully repatriated my money and if you PM me I will advise you how.
Old Mar 2nd 2010, 6:45 pm
Account Closed

Goacrazy56 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by David Gardiner
I have sold and successfully repatriated my money and if you PM me I will advise you how.
I don't see how you can repatriate the money you paid to a British Agent which is what we where talking about here.Good that you have offered help by way of people sending you a PM for advice on how you repatriated your funds from the sale of your property
GC
Old Mar 5th 2010, 12:25 am
Forum Regular

GermanFool is a splendid one to beholdGermanFool is a splendid one to beholdGermanFool is a splendid one to beholdGermanFool is a splendid one to beholdGermanFool is a splendid one to beholdGermanFool is a splendid one to beholdGermanFool is a splendid one to beholdGermanFool is a splendid one to beholdGermanFool is a splendid one to beholdGermanFool is a splendid one to beholdGermanFool is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by BharatPiyar
...lots of really usefull stuff...
Wow, thanks, that made my day!
At least I've got some leverage left there, it seems.

Thanks a lot, really. I'll of course post whenever I find out something new on that front (company route).

Steph, seeing a tiny spark of light somewhere out there...
Old Mar 5th 2010, 2:32 am
BE Enthusiast

poppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to all

Just to be aware the "so called" real estate agents based in Parra!!!! have done a well known FN up like a kipper, they found a buyer for them, and they had insisted the buyer was told about D of E investigations, which they were advised to by their advocate.
This was 6 weeks ago and they left all the work to the company as that is what they are paid to do....
Yesterday was D day, money was to be transferred, they buyers sister was also going to buy next door house again oned by a FN but no D of E contact.
Low and behold the the buyer phoned the FN yesterday and said she was pulling out so was her sister as the agent only told her yesterday about the investigations, even though all the documents had been drawn up, the agent told her dont touch this property....
when the seller challanged the agent the young women and asked why she hadnt followed their instructions and informed the buyer weeks ago she didnt answer, and said to him you will never sell this property anyway and you will never repatriate your money. nice lady....
The seller challanged the owner of the company and he replied" my agent would never do that....
Unfortunately the FN had already booked a flight home to sort out finances in he UK !!! so he has also lost that money aswell.
feel another conspirancy coming on again!!!!!!
Old Mar 5th 2010, 4:17 am
BE Forum Addict

a_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by poppetjay
Just to be aware the "so called" real estate agents based in Parra!!!! have done a well known FN up like a kipper, they found a buyer for them, and they had insisted the buyer was told about D of E investigations, which they were advised to by their advocate.
This was 6 weeks ago and they left all the work to the company as that is what they are paid to do....
Yesterday was D day, money was to be transferred, they buyers sister was also going to buy next door house again oned by a FN but no D of E contact.
Low and behold the the buyer phoned the FN yesterday and said she was pulling out so was her sister as the agent only told her yesterday about the investigations, even though all the documents had been drawn up, the agent told her dont touch this property....
when the seller challanged the agent the young women and asked why she hadnt followed their instructions and informed the buyer weeks ago she didnt answer, and said to him you will never sell this property anyway and you will never repatriate your money. nice lady....
The seller challanged the owner of the company and he replied" my agent would never do that....
Unfortunately the FN had already booked a flight home to sort out finances in he UK !!! so he has also lost that money aswell.
feel another conspirancy coming on again!!!!!!
Well there's cock-up as well as conspiracy - and to be fair if there's an ongoing DofE enquiry the Registrar won't register the deeds even if he doesn't just refuse because there's a FN involved?

AndyD 8-)#
Old Mar 5th 2010, 5:37 am
BE Enthusiast

poppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to all

Originally Posted by a_f_d
Well there's cock-up as well as conspiracy - and to be fair if there's an ongoing DofE enquiry the Registrar won't register the deeds even if he doesn't just refuse because there's a FN involved?

AndyD 8-)#
They were going to do what alot of people have been advised to do just do an affiv davit from both parties agreeing to sell and wait until register reopens, this has been the case with several friends who have managed to sell. so it an be done. but the point being to the post is that the agent wasnt forth coming with the information and carried on right till time of signing, also in the agreement written by a young man of 22 who calls himself a "lawyer" they noticed that he had written lease to be renewed after 99 years it is a freehold property !!!!! in total the agreement was 20 pages long straight out of a law book.
just waffle!!!!! one big con.......
Old Mar 5th 2010, 8:51 am
BE Forum Addict

a_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by poppetjay
They were going to do what alot of people have been advised to do just do an affiv davit from both parties agreeing to sell and wait until register reopens, this has been the case with several friends who have managed to sell. so it an be done. but the point being to the post is that the agent wasnt forth coming with the information and carried on right till time of signing, also in the agreement written by a young man of 22 who calls himself a "lawyer" they noticed that he had written lease to be renewed after 99 years it is a freehold property !!!!! in total the agreement was 20 pages long straight out of a law book.
just waffle!!!!! one big con.......
It is my understanding (but check this with your lawyer) that "The Registration and Other Related Laws (Amendment) Act, 2001" (Act 48 of 2001) which I'm told was 'notified' in Goa in 2006 provides that any agreement or deed etc. that effectively transfers ownership of immovable property must be registered before the sub-registrar.

AndyD 8-)#
Old Mar 5th 2010, 1:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

It is my understanding (but check this with your lawyer) that "The Registration and Other Related Laws (Amendment) Act, 2001" (Act 48 of 2001) which I'm told was 'notified' in Goa in 2006 provides that any agreement or deed etc. that effectively transfers ownership of immovable property must be registered before the sub-registrar.

AndyD 8-)#
I have been informed but at least 5 people that this is the way they are getting to sell their properties, if both seller and buyers agrees an agreement along with an affiv davit is drawn up and signed by both parties property to be registered at such times as the register is open again
my friends have done this and managed to get 3/4 of their money out .... whether its legal remains to be seen but if its working for people dont knock it at least 4 different advocates have advised this way forward.
Old Mar 13th 2010, 2:23 am
BE Enthusiast

leavinggoa is a jewel in the roughleavinggoa is a jewel in the roughleavinggoa is a jewel in the roughleavinggoa is a jewel in the roughleavinggoa is a jewel in the rough

Foreigner’s property confiscated
Old Mar 13th 2010, 2:46 am

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by leavinggoa
Dread will fill you in on this story - we met the couple last night, what a love couple they are, with an extremely sad story. In a nutshell, the first they knew of the confiscation was when a friend told them to read the T of I. front page they have until a date in April to Appeal, then there are another few appeals they can make, dragging the situation on until it gets to the Supreme Court in Dehli(?) They really need our love and support.
Old Mar 13th 2010, 3:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by noni
Dread will fill you in on this story - we met the couple last night, what a love couple they are, with an extremely sad story. In a nutshell, the first they knew of the confiscation was when a friend told them to read the T of I. front page they have until a date in April to Appeal, then there are another few appeals they can make, dragging the situation on until it gets to the Supreme Court in Dehli(?) They really need our love and support.
Hear hear!
We should most certainly support them, I hope they do appeal, and someone should point out to the press that an order for confiscation which is appealable, is not the same as an actual confiscation.

AndyD 8-)#

P.S. just out of interest, are they Swiss or Swedish - the papers don't seem sure?
Old Mar 13th 2010, 9:34 am

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

Hear hear!
We should most certainly support them, I hope they do appeal, and someone should point out to the press that an order for confiscation which is appealable, is not the same as an actual confiscation.

AndyD 8-)#

P.S. just out of interest, are they Swiss or Swedish - the papers don't seem sure?
Swiss and such a sweet couple - our hearts went out to them.
Old Mar 13th 2010, 10:41 am
BE Enthusiast

iain492001 is just really niceiain492001 is just really niceiain492001 is just really niceiain492001 is just really niceiain492001 is just really niceiain492001 is just really niceiain492001 is just really niceiain492001 is just really niceiain492001 is just really niceiain492001 is just really niceiain492001 is just really nice

Time to unite forces with other foreign expats perhaps and share similar experiences?
Old Mar 13th 2010, 11:15 am
Account Closed

Goacrazy56 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes I think you are right,
We must support each other in this.
My heart goes out to the Swedish couple,
Can we get them to join BE??
GC watching and waiting

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.